Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,553 members, 7,843,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

INTERVIEW: “I Don’t Regret Leaving Law For Art” — Lola Speaks On Longest Paintin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / INTERVIEW: “I Don’t Regret Leaving Law For Art” — Lola Speaks On Longest Paintin (211 Views)

I Don’t Regret Leaving Music – Eldee / I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos / I Don’t Regret Getting Married To Abounce – Yvonne Jegede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: “I Don’t Regret Leaving Law For Art” — Lola Speaks On Longest Paintin by Awesome6s: 12:50am On Dec 17, 2023
Stepping into the world of art with unyielding determination, Lola Mewu in October undertook an audacious quest: to set a new benchmark in artistic endurance by attempting the Guinness World Record for the longest painting marathon.

Her brushes danced tirelessly across the canvas for 82 hours, weaving a story of resilience, creativity, and an unshakable commitment to her craft.

Join CrispNG as we uncover the vibrant mosaic of her journey and the myriad of emotions and events that colored this record-breaking endeavor. She talks of her switch from law to art, her 12-hour stretch painting and 62-day painting challenge in preparation for the attempt among others.

Can we meet you?

My name is Oyinlola Odemewu. I am a visual artist from Nigeria. I’m from Ogun State, and I grew up in Lagos but moved to Ibadan last year. I studied law at UNILAG, went to law school, and practiced for a while before switching to visual artistry as a career.

What made you switch careers from law to visual art?

Art is something that I love doing; law is something that I learned. I’m still learning art, but it feels inborn to me. I’ve always been someone who loved sketching even as a child, so transitioning to a visual art career wasn’t too hard for me. As for law, I would say maybe it’s due to the situation of the country and the fact that lawyers are not paid so well, which is very discouraging for a lot of people. Most lawyers have side hustles, so I decided to stick to my side hustle since it’s profitable.

Was there any backlash from your loved ones following your decision to become an artist?

Read more: https://crispng.com/interview-i-dont-regret-leaving-law-for-art-lola-speaks-on-longest-painting-marathon-record-attempt/

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Who The Tallest And Shortest Rappers In The World Are? / I Am Not In Love With The Person Am Dating / How To Prove To A Girl That You Love Her Without Spending A Dime — Bbn’s Doyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.