Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year (19556 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by LeoDeKing: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
CrossRhodes:

Enemy of progress

Just say you can't afford it instead of badmouthing our good and capable government..

Nonsense
Yes, I can't afford it. Anything else?
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Oyindamolah: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lagos to Warri 29,700
Lagos to Benin 15,000
Lagos to Kaduna 65,800
These are tfares by road.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Omodua(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Aviation fuel is one of the areas govt need to look into immediately. There should be a massive forex rebate for importers of that fuel.

This increase in air transport fares is really affecting the masses. The earlier this problem is addressed, the better for us in Nigeria. angry
Well said.

I agree with you on this.

Airfare from Enugu to Abuja two Weeks ago was N250,000.00. And if I add other expenses, it was close to 300k to Abuja! This crazy and unacceptable.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by SalamRushdie: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
What an evil nation

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by SalamRushdie: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Lagos to Warri 29,700
Lagos to Benin 15,000
Lagos to Kaduna 65,800
These are tfares by road.

Damn

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by stormborn28(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Aviation fuel is one of the areas govt need to look into immediately. There should be a massive forex rebate for importers of that fuel.

This increase in air transport fares is really affecting the masses. The earlier this problem is addressed, the better for us in Nigeria. angry

No, let your drug baron not address it. The certificate cheat is in comatose.

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Abufo: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
theophorus:
Oshey!

Road for dey easy to Travel but some people have turn Kidnapping to Business while another have UGM doing business in their area.

Well, all na Business to some people and dem think say na FG dem do whenever them support those their Miscreants.

UGM no their regular customers nah......!
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by bluefilm: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Flight companies must make a killing this period.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Innosonp(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
Its not my business, I don't know anything about air
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by CrossRhodes: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Yes, I can't afford it. Anything else?
Oya go to the airport and shout "akanbi" 7 times....they will reduce price for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by naijapikin2(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
Those going to edo state will not need the aircraft....

They have their own craft..

What is it called again
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by naturefellow(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

No need. Everything is well! We are fine with it like that.

CoronaVirusPro Helinues Madridguy Templarlandry Duro4chang LegendHero LeoDeKing Okoroawusa yarimo N3TRAL freestuffsng seunmsg moh247 ThatFairGuy1 denreledave Raskimonojendor silvernorgold mannabbqgreels = nlpolicewoman

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by naturefellow(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
CrossRhodes:

Oya go to the airport and shout "akanbi" 7 times....they will reduce price for you

Hahaha!

CoronaVirusPro Helinues Templarlandry Duro4chang LegendHero LeoDeKing Okoroawusa yarimo N3TRAL freestuffsng seunmsg moh247 ThatFairGuy1 denreledave Raskimonojendor silvernorgold mannabbqgreels = nlpolicewoman
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by cucumbar: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dittodat:

Mumu, 10k what year was that.
Do you know how much it cost now to travel by air in the US compared to 10 years ago? Do you know how much it cost to travel from the US to Nigeria now compared to 10 years ago?
There was a time that you can fly Delta from Atl Detroit for 60 dollars one way. Try 300 dollars now or more depending on time of the year and when you.buy your ticket.
you shouldn’t be justifying rubbish. Are you saying 200k one way ticket within the country is fine ?
I’m even sure this delta or Detroit rubbish of 300dollars you wrote was pulled out of ya anus.

Even a return ticket within countries in Europe won’t cost up to 200k.
You lots keep justifying rubbish that’s why these useless leaders you support are doing anyhow.

E no go better for all of Una wey dey support APC and in extension, the destruction of this country.

5 Likes

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by RealEmilokan: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nigeria needs to be colonised again. Everything don scatter and there seems to be no way to get it right.

Too bad!
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by dbestcno(m): 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/airfares-skyrocket-ahead-christmas-new-year/

The government you guys voted for. Enjoy its tenure while it last
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by RealEmilokan: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
cucumbar:
you shouldn’t be justifying rubbish. Are you saying 200k one way ticket within the country is fine ?
I’m even sure this delta or Detroit rubbish of 300dollars you wrote was pulled out of ya anus.

Even a return ticket within countries in Europe won’t cost up to 200k.
You lots keep justifying rubbish that’s why these useless leaders you support are doing anyhow.

E no go better for all of Una wey dey support APC and in extension, the destruction of this country.

I'd love to like your comment to the idiot more than once. Lol
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by ablejesus26(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

The problem is You fix your mind on what You see but fail to address the foundation of the problem itself.

Nobody is addressing anything, the sponsoring thought to the creation of this evil APC structure of hunger,poverty, backwardness, insecurity and suffering was and is never to address anything or make Nigeria better. They only but came together to take power from PDP now they must keep it at all cost. Nothing more nothing less.

May the strongest survive.

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by CrossRhodes: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
naturefellow:

Hahaha!

CoronaVirusPro Helinues Templarlandry Duro4chang LegendHero LeoDeKing Okoroawusa yarimo N3TRAL freestuffsng seunmsg moh247 ThatFairGuy1 denreledave Raskimonojendor silvernorgold mannabbqgreels = nlpolicewoman
Omo you get their full list oo

See despicable things as ugly as their names
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
True. Renewed hope is here. A dollar hit 1,250 in their very eyes but they're keeping quiet. They've succeeded in destroying our economy all in the name of propaganda. I thought they said 250 naira to 1usd was very bad when Jonathan was in power.

The song they now sing is that, Nigeria can't continue to be import-dependent after They've destroyed everything, as if we were exporting much when naira was strong. Cfa has overtaken the naira, can't believe it. If you have 1k naira, na 529 cefa you go get in exchange.

They're not looking into corruption and excesses under this administration but saying its because we import much that caused naira to be weak.

Nothing much should be expected from a country where corrupt individuals are at the helms, where the law makers are the highest paid in the world, where one single person is stealing over 100bn naira and he remains untouchable.

Jonathan remains the weakest president ever lived. If I were him, I'd have treated their fuckups during those series of protests back then. He just allowed them to come in and destroy our economy. See those who are supposed to develop Nigeria and uphold her future leaving Nigeria in droves. Many of them may never come back again. I hope our future politicians are learning from Jonathan, the clueless and weak one.

from the story, the increased airfares has absolutely nothing to do with "renewed hope".

the airline man said the increased fare is a result of price of jet fuel and other economic issues. if that were the case, how come routes with shorter distances are attracting higher fares but destinations with longer distances are attracting lower fares?

I am yet to understand how you spend more fuel on a longer distance and charge lower and spend less fuel on a shorter distance and charge higher
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by iwaeda: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dittodat:

Mumu, 10k what year was that.
Do you know how much it cost now to travel by air in the US compared to 10 years ago? Do you know how much it cost to travel from the US to Nigeria now compared to 10 years ago?
There was a time that you can fly Delta from Atl Detroit for 60 dollars one way. Try 300 dollars now or more depending on time of the year and when you.buy your ticket.

You must need brain rewire. Long distance travel in USA has not exceeded $1000, Google is your friend. grin grin grin grin
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Dittodat: 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
iwaeda:

You must need brain rewire. Long distance travel in USA has not exceeded $1000, Google is your friend. grin grin grin grin

1000 dollars? So who said it does?

Obviously, you have no clue about what I wrote.

Also, that's totally incorrect. I just checked Delta for a flight from ATL to ANC ( Anchorage, Alaska). The cheapest is $1237, and it goes as far as 1800 for a return ticket.
Even to LAX, none stop is now going for $1118. Go to Delta. com and check it out.

I was making a point that what we used to pay for tickets has gone up drastically compared to what it used to be.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by GreatOchuks: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
The Government should provide Horses and Carriages ,, so we can use them to supplement traveling and diversify from Fuel transport ...
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Bribri: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
Walai. The narrative made it look like the airline is at fault.
Yugoslavia247:
One thing I learnt in this Tinubu regime is that the south Westerners control the media.

So everything is downplayed.

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by iwaeda: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dittodat:

1000 dollars? So who said it does?

Obviously, you have no clue about what I wrote.

Also, that's totally incorrect. I just checked Delta for a flight from ATL to ANC ( Anchorage, Alaska). The cheapest is $1237, and it goes as far as 1800 for a return ticket.
Even to LAX, none stop is now going for $1118. Go to Delta. com and check it out.

I was making a point that what we used to pay for tickets has gone up drastically compared to what it used to be.
Let someone book from USA for you. Also check same take off from USA to Ghana, Togo and Republic of Benin. Nigeria has higher rate because of unfavourable conditions airline not being able to repatriate their revenues. grin grin grin grin
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Ozommadu: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Vischy:

You never collect your own share of #260million budgeted for Aso rock animals??

No come here and wail later oo

Hahaha

This is my punch line😂😂

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Dittodat: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
iwaeda:

Let someone book from USA for you. Also check same take off from USA to Ghana, Togo and Republic of Benin. Nigeria has higher rate because of unfavourable conditions airline not being able to repatriate their revenues. grin grin grin grin

Stop lying and posting rubbish. You are posting rumors and unconfirmed false narratives. I'm a world traveler; I'm always on the go flying all over the world.
The flight from ATL to ACC (Accra Ghana) right on Delta is $4412 right now for the return flight from Dec 18th to Dec 25th.
If the flights to those countries are as cheap as you claimed, why is no one flying to them before connecting to Nigeria?
I live in Atlanta and am always on a Delta flight to Lagos every other month. I don't know of a single person here who has ever thought of flying to Ghana or Coutonu because it's cheaper. The fact is that they are not cheap. Go and book the flight and [post them online for everyone to see.
You people will start a useless rumor, and others will just buy the story without checking, including the lazy Nigerian journalists.
The fact remains that airfare has gone up all over the world drastically. The increase in Nigeria might have gone up exponentially, but Nigeria is not unique in this category.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by iwaeda: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dittodat:

Stop lying and posting rubbish. You are posting rumors and unconfirmed false narratives. I'm a world traveler; I'm always on the go flying all over the world.
The flight from ATL to ACC (Accra Ghana) right on Delta is $4412 right now for the return flight from Dec 18th to Dec 25th.
If the flights to those countries are as cheap as you claimed, why is no one flying to them before connecting to Nigeria?
I live in Atlanta and am always on a Delta flight to Lagos every other month. I don't know of a single person here who has ever thought of flying to Ghana or Coutonu because it's cheaper. The fact is that they are not cheap. Go and book the flight and [post them online for everyone to see.
You people will start a useless rumor, and others will just buy the story without checking, including the lazy Nigerian journalists.
The fact remains that airfare has gone up all over the world drastically. The increase in Nigeria might have gone up exponentially, but Nigeria is not unique in this category.
You live in Atlanta. Though must not lie. Send me a picture of your toilet door. grin grin
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Dittodat: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
iwaeda:

You live in Atlanta. Though must not lie. Send me a picture of your toilet door. grin grin

I have lived in Atlanta when most didn't even know where that was. More than likely, it was before you were even born.
The first time I traveled out of Nigeria was from Lagos to JFK, and the ticket price was N300 on a Nigeria Airways one-way ticket.
Think about it for a minute. Try and guess the year
BYE
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Gaskiya77: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
Blame the government for every hike in price. President Tinubu has to do the needful by cutting down the cost of production in every sector of the economy and enforce price control.
Nigeria's are the most exploited in price hike for goods and services across the globe. This is killing the economy seriously.
Nigeria's must unite to hit the streets in protest to check price hike.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by nonstan(m): 1:48am On Dec 18, 2023
Eriokanmi:
True. Renewed hope is here. A dollar hit 1,250 in their very eyes but they're keeping quiet. They've succeeded in destroying our economy all in the name of propaganda. I thought they said 250 naira to 1usd was very bad when Jonathan was in power.

The song they now sing is that, Nigeria can't continue to be import-dependent after They've destroyed everything, as if we were exporting much when naira was strong. Cfa has overtaken the naira, can't believe it. If you have 1k naira, na 529 cefa you go get in exchange.

They're not looking into corruption and excesses under this administration but saying its because we import much that caused naira to weaken.

Nothing much should be expected from a country where corrupt individuals are at the helms, where the law makers are the highest paid in the world, where one single person is stealing over 100bn naira and he remains untouchable.

Jonathan remains the weakest president ever lived. If I were him, I'd have treated their fuckups during those series of protests back then. He just allowed them to come in and destroy our economy. See those who are supposed to develop Nigeria and uphold her future leaving Nigeria in droves. Many of them may never come back again. I hope our future politicians are learning from Jonathan, the clueless and weak one.

Worst is that they tag you a wailer for saying the truth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flight Delays: Mary Njoku Cries Out To Keyamo / Truck, 2 Other Vehicles Catch Fire In Osun, Many Feared Trapped / Ojodu LCDA, Ikeja Donates Buses For The Ease Of Movement For Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.