Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) (36192 Views)

Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years / Air Peace Provides Food Items For Hundreds Of Less Privileged In Makoko, Ajegunl / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by APCNig: 8:09pm On Jan 30
ariesbull:
I know Kunle he stays there 60% there are Yoruba ,Ilaje, Egun and ijaw

Are you agreeing that the remaining 40% are those that dropped out of Primary School in the South East and ran to Lagos? Mind you, Eguns, Ilajes and Ijaws live permanently on Water, that is their natural habitat. So you cannot begin to shame them for living in their natural habitat while you abandoned your land locked natural habitat to contest the Waters with them
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by harmony75: 8:23pm On Jan 30
Good 👍 makoko is in Yaba local government area of Lagos State, you did not go to the fish market!

1 Like

Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by ariesbull: 8:26pm On Jan 30
APCNig:

Are you agreeing that the remaining 40% are those that dropped out of Primary School in the South East and ran to Lagos? Mind you, Eguns, Ilajes and Ijaws live permanently on Water, that is their natural habitat. So you cannot begin to shame them for living in their natural habitat while you abandoned your land locked natural habitat to contest the Waters with them
in southern Nigeria Yoruba has the highest drop out rate and illiteracy rate

So I don't agree

1 Like

Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by ariesbull: 8:27pm On Jan 30
APCNig:

biggest land slum in Nigeria .... Ibadan

Biggest water slum in Nigeria ....Lagos

All Na Yoruba land

Maybe biggest air slum will be Ekiti in future
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by Shaev7(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30
Psch!
To knack for this kind place dy hungry me. Lol
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by delpee(f): 9:53pm On Jan 30
flokii:
I wonder how young girls and women go about their hygiene in areas like this.. where do they dispose their 'you know what' and other sanitary items.
Lagos Government needs to model a place and relocate the residents of Makoko.

They don't want to relocate. LASG has tried in the past.
So unhealthy!

I often wonder about what the fishes around there consume. Still, many of us buy from their market. undecided
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by Mcreloaded(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30
tete7000:

None, I will float in space. I have visited makoko once and I wondered how people survive there.

Just to let u know there are worse places than makoko
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by Bullfallo(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30
pocohantas:
Some of them do not look poor.
Why did they choose to live there or ehy are they still there? Are the houses free?

Where do they get clean water for bathing or cooking?

Too many questions I wanna ask.

Thank you for this. I thought I was seeing wrong. They don't look poor!!!

you are seeing water and still asking where they get water from. Everything they need is there. Fish as food and water.
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by Difa0816(m): 11:38pm On Jan 30
Trust me the maybe healthier than u and I

Most of them may hardly take drugs or visit any Hospital, but I bet u and I can't survive a night in that place without being found in the hospital
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by ariesbull: 4:34am On Jan 31
Difa0816:
Trust me the maybe healthier than u and I

Most of them may hardly take drugs or visit any Hospital, but I bet u and I can't survive a night in that place without being found in the hospital
it's adaptation

Disease come to those who know hygiene

1 Like

Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by 7upnigeria: 6:12am On Jan 31
Prigidypogodo:
cheesy

most of their inhabitants dey nairaland dey scream our Ragos cheesy
hiohiohiohio

You need to stop thinking everybody's life is as miserable as yours. It's a serious mental infection.That you guys want to own Lagos and the owners will not let you have your way does not mean they are poor.
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by APCNig: 10:02am On Jan 31
ariesbull:
biggest land slum in Nigeria .... Ibadan

Biggest water slum in Nigeria ....Lagos

All Na Yoruba land

Maybe biggest air slum will be Ekiti in future

Yet, your people are dropping out of Primary school to come and Slave in the same Yoruba land, this should be a generationally inherited curse.
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by APCNig: 10:03am On Jan 31
ariesbull:
in southern Nigeria Yoruba has the highest drop out rate and illiteracy rate

So I don't agree

Not Yorubas, but Igbos that dropped out of Primary School and ran to Yoruba land to Slave.
Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by ariesbull: 10:08am On Jan 31
APCNig:

Yet, your people are dropping out of Primary school to come and Slave in the same Yoruba land, this should be a generationally inherited curse.
the problem with Yoruba is that they don't have quality education.....you can't support your postulation with evidences

Well....SOUTH WEST is the most educationally backward region in SOUTHERN NIGERIA even in Development...remove Lagos SW is shitty

Re: I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) by Cromagnon: 4:56am On Feb 02
APCNig:

The idiot is a nonentity nah
He doesn't know
We have to tell him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Passenger Trains Derail In Eastern India. 280 Dead, 900 Injured / Which States Have The Best Capital Cities In Nigeria? / Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.