Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. (361 Views)

I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Mentor In Web Development Needed / Mentor In Coding And App Dev Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 5:49am On Dec 18, 2023
Bosses in the house, I won't call myself a beginner in programming but I am definitely not a professional. I have 1 year+ experience in coding.
I write HTML, CSS, bootstrap, JavaScript, and php. I know some other frontend framework like React.js and I just started getting familiar with Vue.js. I also write Laravel and I'm getting familiar with codeigniter.
I can also work with a team as I am very familiar with GitHub.
I have also worked on some real life website projects.
My goal for 2024 is to upskill to a professional level to be able to take up jobs.
Now this is my humble appeal. Please I'll be glad if I can get a professional software developer here to be my mentor. I need to be working on real life projects.
I will be performing tasks assigned to me free of charge.
I am ready to be under his/her wings.
Please if you're willing to take me up, this is my WhatsApp number: 07064816145.
Please other developers in the house, also drop some words of encouragement for me here.
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by BunbleBee: 6:13am On Dec 18, 2023
Drop a link to your portfolio if you have one.
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2023
BunbleBee:
Drop a link to your portfolio if you have one.
I don't have a portfolio but I can drop a link to a website I've worked on
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Workch: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kolenda:

build a portfolio with Github or WordPress na. It must not be a dynamic website.
And you can do projects by yourself without mentorship. Make chatGPT your best friend and you are good
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by LikeAking: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kolenda:

No talk am agian.

Abeg!

You are a beginner, you need help..

Just be real…

Drop link to the site you built..

If it’s just one site, u are a beginner..

If na word press, ……

I am happy u are not learning data science/analysis, network security, dev ops, etc like many others.

Good luck..
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by airsaylongcome: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

No talk am agian.

Abeg!

Just be real…

If na word press, ……

I am happy u are not learning data science/analysis, network security, dev ops, etc like many others.

Good luck..

And what's the problem with learning those?
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by BRATISLAVA: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2023
airsaylongcome:

And what's the problem with learning those?

You will hear that it's not programming very soon. Wait till CSS joins the list.
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by airsaylongcome: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

You will hear that it's not programming very soon. Wait till CSS joins the list.

I guess people denigrate stuff they are either incapable of learning, or don't have the resources to learn. I mean, Networking can be very "demanding". You either have a physical network to be able to get things going, or you have a beefy computer that will enable you virtualise a network. When the tools you need for your craft are just notepad and a few frameworks, it's easy to be intimidated by people with different ambitions that are not mainstream. To think that all the fancy web apps they build are all useless without a network, then you wonder why the denigration
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 10:00am On Dec 21, 2023
Workch:
build a portfolio with Github or WordPress na. It must not be a dynamic website.
And you can do projects by yourself without mentorship. Make chatGPT your best friend and you are good
Thank you for your response.
I will work on building a profolio next. I use chatgpt too.
I just want to get used to working on real life projects.
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 10:03am On Dec 21, 2023
LikeAking:

No talk am agian.

Abeg!

Just be real…

If na word press, ……

Good luck..

I don't see myself as a beginner as I know I've passed some stages in the field.
I solely built nnayeregroup.com and I've contributed to quite a number of other projects
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by BRATISLAVA: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I guess people denigrate stuff they are either incapable of learning, or don't have the resources to learn. I mean, Networking can be very "demanding". You either have a physical network to be able to get things going, or you have a beefy computer that will enable you virtualise a network. When the tools you need for your craft are just notepad and a few frameworks, it's easy to be intimidated by people with different ambitions that are not mainstream. To think that all the fancy web apps they build are all useless without a network, then you wonder why the denigration

Perhaps it's also not as mainstream as the other "developer" paths, so it's not considered worth it. As you've posited, they've never gotten near it and treat it with bias. Maybe if someone gives an analysis of pay checks, they will rush into it and beginning training packages, etc, and preach it as the new oil.
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by LikeAking: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Kolenda:

I don't see myself as a beginner as I know I've passed some stages in the field.
I solely built nnayeregroup.com and I've contributed to quite a number of other projects

That’s a word press site na.. CMS tins.

Nawa!
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
LikeAking:

That’s a word press site na.. CMS tins.

Nawa!

It's not wordpress sir
Check again
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by LikeAking: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
Kolenda:

It's not wordpress sir
Check again

What did you use?
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
LikeAking:

What did you use?

Laravel
Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Workch: 3:48pm On Jan 03
Kolenda:

Laravel
I went through the site, the UI is cool and fine but I need you to improve one UX aspect.
When you are using a carousel, you need to find a way to indicate how many slides are available in the carousel to improve user experience.

You don't expect users to keep scrolling without knowing when it will stop, many of them may lose interest in scrolling through at some point and then abandonedthe task but when they know how many slides are in there, they know what to expect.

This is why you need to understand basics of UI/UX as a developer.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal For A Mentor In The Field. by Kolenda(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03
Workch:
I went through the site, the UI is cool and fine but I need you to improve one UX aspect.
When you are using a carousel, you need to find a way to indicate how many slides are available in the carousel to improve user experience.

You don't expect users to keep scrolling without knowing when it will stop, many of them may lose interest in scrolling through at some point and then abandonedthe task but when they know how many slides are in there, they know what to expect.

This is why you need to understand basics of UI/UX as a developer.
Wow
Thanks for your input
I deeply appreciate it

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Make Money (at Least $50 Daily) As A Java Game Developer Using Javascript / I Need A Django Developer Who Can Host Django Project On Bluehost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.