Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? (15839 Views)

Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? / UBA Announces Availability Of New Naira Notes At Atms / Procedure For Checking Availability Code For CAC Company Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by GoWithGood: 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seems what Nigerians went through during election period was not enough, that is why cash scarcity is emerging again.

Two people I know that went to bank this morning to withdraw money returned without a penny. One narrated how he even trekked back as he was with no means to pay transport fare.

ATMs are not dispensing

POS operators now charge N400 to withdraw N5000

The question is, where the POS operators getting the cash from?

Why is the country always positioned herself to suffer the citizens?

From which angle is this cash scarcity re-emerging?

Why are Nigerians made to suffer unnecessarily?

I'm reporting live from Calabar, Cross River State.

How is the situation in your area? Any cash scarcity in your area?

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by GoWithGood: 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
Compliments of the season to you all.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Skillsnigeria: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Cash dey scarce now and those petty trader's no dey gree accept transfer.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Life2ways: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
Skillsnigeria:
Cash dey scarce now and those petty trader no dey gree accept transfer.

That is the problem.

No matter what, we still need cash with us.

9 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Chicagograduate(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
I withdrew 13k with 600 charges from a pos vendor yesterday in a Delta community.I was mad.

Nigerian banks have become fraudulent.They hide cash from customers and sell to pos vendors to make illegal profit.

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by slaawomirr: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Things look normal here in Benin city

Maybe na me nor get money to withdraw reason things look normal for my eye

And for the op complaining about calabar
South south thing dey always get k leg

We too dey one take advantage of things to enrich ourselves

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by kerry57: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Expected. We are pumping cefa in badagary border here. So nothing concern us with naira scarcity. If I tire I go go Ghana go spend cedis next week. I feel like going on holiday in one of those Ghanian reserves.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by samogo1: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
So now is it Emiefele that is causing the scarcity? Even when we have more money in circulation ( old and new notes)

Useless APC.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Godoverevery: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
In lagos there is no cash scarcity......POS are even fighting for customers

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Ulunne777(f): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Mass Illiteracy Mass hoarding.

One would think that with the cashless era,more ppl would embrace transfers but they are hoarding money.
Thank God money dey my town.

6 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by babaRUNtinz(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Cash dey.. The greedy ones are just hoarding cash

19 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
POS operators now charge N400 to withdraw N5000
Just imagine,
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

When we say we are our own problem they start grumbling.....

Okay listen to these examples:

1. You sell chicken and add over 40% profit ,you are happy forgetting that the person that bought the chicken sells tomatoes and pepper.

2. the tomatoes and pepper seller has to recover the excess she paid for the chicken, so she adds her own 42% profit margin.

3. Teacher will come and buy these 2 items with what? She has no other alternative than to increase lesson fees or school fees.

4. You will go and rent house from a landlord who has paid excess for cement, sand, chicken, tomatoes and pepper, lesson fees, how will he meet up if not by increasing his house rent by 60%.

And the circle continues, it is not about dollars, dollars is just an excuse, abi wetin concern garri, beans and yam with dollars.

The problem is you and I and our excessive greed.

And for the bad and corrupt politicians since 1960 up till present that took our darling nation 100 years back.
They will never go Scot free in their looting and criminal lifestyle.....including their supporters.

Back to the topic,
But as for ALL of us at dem MANNABBQGRlLLS and all sane, honest and hard working Nigerians........
As long as God lives.....

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by chaddy16: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nigeria is the only country in the world where cash is sold. I don't Know why we people can't embrace cashless bank transfers. All of the POS thief operators dey ment

15 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Beuberry(f): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Terrible. I m tempted to do runs.
This regime breeds hunger!
Help o!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Mitsurugi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
grin
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Inspirer1: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Mild
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Lifeinlight: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
God have mercy

3 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by id4sho(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
tongue
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Godswillu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
In my Area POS agent always have cash
but ATM is out of cash most of the time

16 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by sukkot: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hmm I don’t use cash anymore
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by YurFatHer: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Emefiele doings grin

4 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by flexyrule(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Just paid 500 to deposit N50,000 into my account 30 minutes ago.

The second packet is even here with me...

Banks are paying up to 1m here.

5 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by kelvincoke(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Any small thing like this, na we go use ham against ourselves, 5k withdrawal goes with 2 hundred naira, 10k is 4 hundred and so on, just imagine

5 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by FuckYeyeMods: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Worst

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by ImoleNaija: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

There is.
Most now charge #200 for #5k.

13 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Treasure17(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
5k is 200 over here. Lagos.

11 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Antoeni(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
The Situation is That in Benin city,
We Buy Money With Money.
Emefele no.dey Now

5 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Treasure17(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
That's not true.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Menclothing: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nothing like this in Lagos greedy citizens

7 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Queengee: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
blame emeifiele

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Start Selling Snacks In A School. Need Advice / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges / We’re Going To Need More Cash, Banks Tell CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.