Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in (1161 Views)

Who Can Solve This Maths? / Can You Find The Areas Of The Shaded Region? Maths People, Oya Come In / Igbo People Come And Carry Your Daughter Away From Facebook Oh Plss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
I know this answer but i don't know how do the workings to get the answer. So far, none of my workings have been able to lead me to the correct answer.
Please can any one show me the workings?

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by bandOFhorses: 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
a) Each vertex angle of the regular n-gon measures (n-2)*180/n degrees. Since each isosceles triangle uses one vertex angle, the measure of the vertex angle of each isosceles triangle is (n-2)*180/n degrees.

b) The base angles of each isosceles triangle are congruent. Since the vertex angle measures (n-2)*180/n degrees, and the three angles of a triangle sum to 180 degrees, each base angle measures (180 - (n-2)*180/n)/2 = (180/n) degrees.

c) Let's draw a diagram. If s is the length of each side of the regular n-gon, then the base of each isosceles triangle is s. Using trigonometry, the altitude h to the base bisects the vertex angle, so:

h/s = sin((n-2)*180/2n)
h = s*sin((n-2)*180/2n)

d) The area of each isosceles triangle is (1/2)*b*h = (1/2)*s*[s*sin((n-2)*180/2n)] = (1/2)*s^2*sin((n-2)*180/2n).

e) There are n isosceles triangles that make up the regular n-gon. So the total area is:
A = n*(1/2)*s^2*sin((n-2)*180/2n)
= (1/2)*n*s^2*sin((n-2)*180/2n)

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by psucc(m): 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
I think say you were confused on the total amount for one bag of rice, chicken, vegetable oil.

This kind of questions contributes to the taking down of Nairaland by the host
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
bandOFhorses:
a) Each vertex angle of the regular n-gon measures (n-2)*180/n degrees. Since each isosceles triangle uses one vertex angle, the measure of the vertex angle of each isosceles triangle is (n-2)*180/n degrees.

b) The base angles of each isosceles triangle are congruent. Since the vertex angle measures (n-2)*180/n degrees, and the three angles of a triangle sum to 180 degrees, each base angle measures (180 - (n-2)*180/n)/2 = (180/n) degrees.

c) Let's draw a diagram. If s is the length of each side of the regular n-gon, then the base of each isosceles triangle is s. Using trigonometry, the altitude h to the base bisects the vertex angle, so:

h/s = sin((n-2)*180/2n)
h = s*sin((n-2)*180/2n)

d) The area of each isosceles triangle is (1/2)*b*h = (1/2)*s*[s*sin((n-2)*180/2n)] = (1/2)*s^2*sin((n-2)*180/2n).

e) There are n isosceles triangles that make up the regular n-gon. So the total area is:
Mr Chat Gpt, this is not correct abeg grin
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
bandOFhorses:

h/s = sin((n-2)*180/2n)
h = s*sin((n-2)*180/2n)

These are the correct answers but the thing is that I'm having problems arriving at the answers.

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by Shellsploit: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
chatGP left the group chat

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
Shellsploit:
chatGP left the group chat
This one pass Chat Gpt power grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by CHRISTFUCKER: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2023
Do your homework by yourself
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:
Do your homework by yourself
idiot
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by CHRISTFUCKER: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
turmacs:
idiot

Your papa
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by jamesversion: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2023
turmacs:
I know this answer but i don't know how do the workings to get the answer. So far, none of my workings have been able to lead me to the correct answer.

You like maths, something girls run away from. undecided
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by Wizyoung(m): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
turmacs:

Let one vertex angle be V
And
One base angle be b then

2b = ((n-2) X 180) + n
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wizyoung:

Were you getting answers like:

(a) A vertex angle = 540 -180n

(b) One base angle of one triangle = (n - 2) × 90

You might want to check your source answer to be sure that the screenshot answers are the corresponding answers to the questions asked.

I can solve all for you but had to stop at a. and b. given the difference in answers.

The Answers above are absolutely correct.
baba, with all due respect, sorry to say but you dey solve rubbish grin
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by Wizyoung(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
But 2b + V = 180 (sum of angles in a triangle)

Then

V = 180 - ((n-2) X 180)÷n)

On simplifying,

V = (180n - 180n + 360)÷n
V = 360/n
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by Wizyoung(m): 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
turmacs:
baba, with all due respect, sorry to say but you dey solve rubbish grin

No vex...

I forgot to divide the sum of interior angle by n.

If you do the division, you'd arrive at the correct answer as shown from my solution above.

You need to be polite towards people attending to your queries though. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by turmacs(f): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wizyoung:

No vex...

I forgot to divide the sum of interior angle by n.

If you do the division, you'd arrive at the correct answer as shown from my solution above.

You need to be polite towards people attending to your queries though. grin
sorry jorr, werey grin kiss
Thanks alot sha, i appreciate.
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by Wizyoung(m): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
(b)

V+2b = 180
2b = 180 - V

b = (180- 360/n)/2

b = (180n - 360)/2(n)
b = 180(n-2)/2(n)
Finally,

b = 90(n-2)/n
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by jesmond3945: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
turmacs:
These are the correct answers but the thing is that I'm having problems arriving at the answers.
https://chat.openai.com/c/b024e9cb-5cd8-4c95-95bb-84d0f2c72939
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by ghettochild(m): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2023
[hh][/code]hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
turmacs:
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by WantsandMore: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2023
turmacs:
be like English follow wetin make maths hard oh...I for like Learn maths in my dialect see the difference
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by TripleLTD: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2023
I wonder who dey even reply this night
Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by youngrichnigga: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ask AI, simple undecided undecided undecided
The answer to the fifth question will be attached to my subsequent post here undecided

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by youngrichnigga: 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
Here it is, answer to question 5 undecided

Re: Who Can Help Me With This Maths , I Don't Understand This. Maths people come in by AKAH(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
turmacs:
a. Let the vertex angle be x.
The sum of all the vertex angles is 360 i.e angles at a point.
=> n * x = 360
x=360/n
b. Let the base angle be y
Then, y+y+x=180
2y+x=180
2y=180-x= 180-360/n
y=90-180/n
c. Let altitude be h
Tany= opposite side/adjacent side
Opposite side=h,
Adjacent side= s/2
=> Tan y= h/(s/2)
Tan(90-180/n) =2h/s
h=(s/2)*(tan(90-180/n))
d. Area of triangle= 1/2*base* height
= 1/2* s*h
=1/2*s*(s/2(tan(90-180/n))
= ((s^2)/4)*(tan(90-180/n))
e. The area of poligon = n* area of triangle
area of poligon= (n(s^2)/4)*(tan(90-180/n))

(1) (Reply)

Who Would Teach Me Yoruba Basics? / Help Help Help Help Help Help ? / Transcript Evaluation Services In The Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.