Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience (30091 Views)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by johnjose68: 10:40am On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:
Early this week news were going round that that the Federal Government of Nigeria has declared that all train travels in Nigeria will be free from the 21st of December to the 4th of January. So I said let me try it out. I created account in their website and booked the train. At first it wasn't successful because I chose standard class, later it went through when I booked the business class. All in all this is my experience.

1. Booking: Booking the tickets was hitch free. All you need is to create account at https://nrc.gsds.ng/login
Log in with your details. You need your BVN and phone number to book online. You can also book for friends and families once you have their BVN.

2. The Station: The train stations are still well maintained and many of the facilities are still in pretty good condition. However they are been underutilized. Maybe the NRC should let out some of the building at the stations to food vendors and shopping centres.

3. The Journey: The journey from Obafemi Awolowo Train Station to Ransome Kuti Station in Ebute Metta Lagos was fun. It took only 2 hours 30 minutes. I think the 30 minutes was for the stops at the stations along the way. The AC was chilly all through the journey and food is available for purchase in the train as no food is allowed to be brought on board.

4. Security: There is adequate provision for safety both at the train station and on the train. Nigerian Army personnel and NSDCD officials were all on ground.

5. The Vibes: The Vibes at the stations and on board the train was cool. The government should be commended for the free train as this is one of the benefits of being a citizen.

Lastly, the government should extend the train tracks to other parts of the country so that the dividend of good governance can be felt by all and sundry.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1twKiA0dk

Those i.pob id.iots are waiting for bad news.

All hail Jagaban grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by youngrichnigga: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2023
lexy2014:

how will these fares be paid by Tinubu?

is there budgetary provision for this?

if Tinubu removed fuel subsidy because he said it was not sustainable, how is this different from fuel subsidy?
Very valid argument cool cool cool cool
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Winnin009: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2023
o123456789:
I hate free things from the Nigerian government, because they will inflate everything single dime they used to sponsor this free train transportation by 1000%. Even in good countries like Australia, USA, UK, Canada and Germany, despite their free amenities to their citizens are transparent and are done with good will and love of the masses, their citizens don't usually like to collect or access these free stuffs due to self contentedness and good living. eg. in Germany which i have witnessed, only a few people uses their free food bank, same is the case when I visited UK. Even in the USA the government usually beg their citizens to file for COVID 19 benefits and even tax refunds, can you imagine?. All we want from the government are (1) Good roads (2) Easy to access business grants (3) Subsidy on off-grid solar energy systems for the masses.
We don't need free train transportation for just a few days for a few people. We want a good life.

Well said my person! But agbadorians donโ€™t understand. I once told an elderly man that was defending the shitty state of the nation that there are nations that provide free basic amenities to the elderly like himself and even have foodbanks with cooked food served for free; baba said its a lie. No government can afford to do such. I shook my head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kukutente23: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2023
Thread for Zombies to masturbate

Unfortunately hunger don dry Zombies hand dem no get strength to type
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by johnjose68: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
This isn't an achievement!

If Nigeria was sane, there would have been train rail ๐Ÿš‚ across the entire country, not building train way in one region of the country, then in another region from Sokoto to Niger republic

Are you waiting for Nigerian government to come and develop bia.fraud land
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kukutente23: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2023
johnjose68:

Those i.pob id.iots are waiting for bad news.

All hail Jagaban grin grin
Dear zombie
Did Jagaban build the train?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Mccullum: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2023
Good gesture from FGN .

At least, it'll mitigate effect of high fare of transportation.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Alliswell248: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2023
lexy2014:

is it good news?

if Tinubu removed fuel subsidy because he said it was not sustainable, how is this different from fuel subsidy?

Sadist spotted. Nothing excite them apart from bad news.

3 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Alliswell248: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

Dear zombie
Did Jagaban build the train?

Hoebi built it....
Stuuupid question...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by ppogba: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2023
lexy2014:

is it good news?

Something that is strictly meant for the poor amongst Nigerians, una still come up with budgetary provision argument.
If the President were to say he will wait for budgetary provision, it is people like you that will still wail. How then can the government go about it? It is always good to know there are people that are wiser than those in government on Nairaland.

How will it be paid for? Why not ask the president on X.

Criticism is the easiest thing to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Blackdisciple(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:

Ransome kor. There's adequate security on ground.

Even military barracks was attacked not to talk of common train ...
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kukutente23: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2023
Alliswell248:

Hoebi built it....
Stuuupid question...
Idiotiiic answer
Try again
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
ppogba:

Something that is strictly meant for the poor amongst Nigerians, una still come up with budgetary provision argument.
If the President were to say he will wait for budgetary provision, it is people like you that will still wail. How then can the government go about it? It is always good to know there are people that are wiser than those in government on Nairaland.

How will it be paid for? Why not ask the president on X.

Criticism is the easiest thing to do.

that is not what I asked you.

1. how is it good news?

2. how will these fares be paid by Tinubu?

3. is there budgetary provision for this?

4. if Tinubu removed fuel subsidy because he said it was not sustainable, how is this different from fuel subsidy?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
Alliswell248:

Sadist spotted. Nothing excite them apart from bad news.

1. how is it good news?

4. if Tinubu removed fuel subsidy because he said it was not sustainable, how is this different from fuel subsidy?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by SemperFid: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome wonโ€™t be free oo

Just so you know

You are very stupid.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Blackdisciple(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2023
Another paid news just so that the masses should believe besides who cares after all I pay tax but I'm not getting what I'm paying for so should I be surprised that train is free for few days ..!! undecided undecided
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lapintoz: 11:03am On Dec 23, 2023
Children born with hatred and evil.

There is a new Sheriff in town, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He is the father of your ancestors. He dey whip them wotowoto. Including the Yes Daddy man.

Even Atiku don run go back to his county.....UAE, Dubai ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

AqualinaXYZ:

Just so you know

4 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Tareq1105: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2023
eteebanky1:

This is south West

You think say na Biafra land or ISWAP/Bokoharam land?

So unfortunate that the Abuja Kaduna rail is not working. This would have helped movement of Nigerians in that axis especially at this time. I hope bandits would allow it to work so that Nigerians in that part of the country can benefit from the free train service during the next big Salah bcoz I trust Tinubu would do same then.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lapintoz: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2023
See another oponu in animal skin ๐Ÿ‘€

lexy2014:

1. how is it good news?

3 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Shakathezulu1: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Just so you know
Ogun go kill you. You this tribal bastard

2 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2023
lapintoz:

See another oponu in animal skin ๐Ÿ‘€

that leaves the questions unanswered

1. how is it good news?

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Tareq1105: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Another paid news just so that the masses should believe besides who cares after all I pay tax but I'm not getting what I'm paying for so should I be surprised that train is free for few days ..!! undecided undecided

For your information, Tinubu is not doing it to please haters like you. He did it bcoz he understands the turbulence Nigeria and Nigerians are going through and felt it was responsible of him to reduce the burden.

He understands that haters can never ever be pleased hence there's no need dwelling on or appealing to someone that had made up his mind to stand before a moving truck.

2 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Ttipsy(f): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2023
lexy2014:
good news in what way?
for the past 60yrs we just had a railway line to Ibadan

Itโ€™s a good news
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Bluntemperor: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2023
Luvinghubby:
Nice
Meanwhile my experience last week on the train that runs from Warri to Itakpe Kogi State was horrible.
Toilet was non-functional, the coach was smelling shit, AC was switched off halfway on the journey.
I think the wheels need alignment because the whole coach was vibrating as the train moves.

Attention To The NRM- on the above Complaints!
It's a thing to monitor Public Properties and the Govt-should be swift to fix the identified areas,so that the Public can Patronise them.
Over to you Nigeria Railways Management and somebody should be queried for not doing their duties well!
Nigerian Government ( Fed and States) lacks Maintenance Culture- either because we Corruptly enriched ourselves with the Money earmarked for Maintenance!
This is at variance with Whiteman Culture - for them, Maintenance Culture is a MUST!

1 Like

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Tareq1105: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2023
lexy2014:

1. how is it good news?

Answer
1. Block your ears.

2. It's none of your business.

3. Go to Budget Office to confirm.

4. This is for 14 days and for specific routes through particular transport companies.

So, go to any of the transport companies and report back if they refused to carry you.

2 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by enemyofprogress: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2023
I boarded one from Lagos to Kenya. It was fun all the way. The Federal Government should be commiserated

3 Likes

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2023
Tareq1105:

Answer
1. Block your ears.

2. It's none of your business.

3. Go to Budget Office to confirm.

4. This is for 14 days and for specific routes through particular transport companies.

So, go to any of the transport companies and report back if they refused to carry you.

1. how is it good news?

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by SmartyPants(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2023
youngrichnigga:
Very valid argument cool cool cool cool

There's nothing valid in his arguments.

Free train service and 50% rebates on inter state buses costs a mere fraction of what fuel subsidy for the entore nation would cost.

It is also only for one month.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by thisisit: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2023
No train for SS and SE after 60 years.. WHERE IS THE EQUITY?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by JuanDeDios: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Just so you know
It's probably safer than the roads though.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Donedeal1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
o123456789:
I hate free things from the Nigerian government, because they will inflate everything single dime they used to sponsor this free train transportation by 1000%. Even in good countries like Australia, USA, UK, Canada and Germany, despite their free amenities to their citizens are transparent and are done with good will and love of the masses, their citizens don't usually like to collect or access these free stuffs due to self contentedness and good living. eg. in Germany which i have witnessed, only a few people uses their free food bank, same is the case when I visited UK. Even in the USA the government usually beg their citizens to file for COVID 19 benefits and even tax refunds, can you imagine?. All we want from the government are (1) Good roads (2) Easy to access business grants (3) Subsidy on off-grid solar energy systems for the masses.
We don't need free train transportation for just a few days for a few people. We want a good life.
The major problems here is lack of dignity, Whereby the executive chairman of local or a States will be dragging donations from spirited individuals for friend and family, the levels of low self esteem is so alarming here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / Corps Member Dies In Motor Accident On POP Day / Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.