Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project (263 Views)

Free Master Class On Project Management / How To Get IP Address Of Any Website Using Cmd / Amazon Affiliates Cheque Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by Lantean(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
It's my first remote freelance gig. A client in the US wants to give me a project to do for him at an agreed amount. He wants me to take full control of development and other matters relating to the project, right after payment. The problem is that he wants me to send a friend's or relative's name and address who's resident in the United States. I'm in Nigeria and this being my first gig, I don't want to lose the opportunity (the money, of course). I'm afraid I may lose him if I say I know no one in the US because I really don't. I'm thinking of proposing he pays for the template, send me the file, I get to work and commit my changes to Git and demo on the web. When it's completed he can pay me while I hand over ownership to him. But this we'll seem like postponing the inevitable. I have a bank account which I had hoped would have been ideal. What do I do?

Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by bry8ted(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
It is a scam. Do not put any of your US relative into problem.
The check would be issued in excess ( more than the agreed amount). Thr catch is that, the scammer will ask you to take the agreed amount and the remaining would be sent to his picker in US or any other means.

I know about this because I work as a freelancer on freelancer.com.

3 Likes

Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by Lantean(m): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
bry8ted:
It is a scam. Do not put any of your US relative into problem.
The check would be issued in excess ( more than the agreed amount). Thr catch is that, the scammer will ask you to take the agreed amount and the remaining would be sent to his picker in US or any other means.

I know about this because I work as a freelancer on freelancer.com.

Thanks. You're a life saver. I can't believe I would have spent weeks on some project that i wouldn't get paid for and also bother some people about it. When I could be busy with my portfolio projects. 😡😡😡
Thanks again and God bless you 🙏
Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by bobo9ice: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
I live here.
It's a scam.
Not to scam you as a person but to forward scam checks or items to the address and ask you to send those items to another address having been received by your person.
This "Client " prolly your next door neighbor.

1 Like

Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by Lantean(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ha! Ogun kee all scammers. Foreign and local.

1 Like

Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by RealLordZeus(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Dem wan use you pick
Re: US Client Wants Name And Address Of US Resident For Cheque Before On Project by Lantean(m): 11:16am On Mar 23
RealLordZeus:
Dem wan use you pick
Thanks man. Dem dey craze Wella.😁

(1) (Reply)

Hello Peeps Something Noni / Digital Marketing Training :: Hins / Get Domains For Your Website For Has Low Has #2500 Per Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.