Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government (3884 Views)

Sme's Drop Due To Failure Of Government To Provide Basic Amenities / Oil Prices Rise 5% On Talk Of Output Cut / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Beaf: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=14pt]Pay cut for all arms of government [/size]
November 2, 2011 12:08PM

The 2012 budget may raise some dust unless the proposed general pay cut in all the three arms of government is agreed on.

This was being hinted by the Chairman, Senate Committee, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, while addressing the press in Abuja. The Senate still awaits the presentation of the 2012 budget to the National Assembly by President Goodluck Jonathan for approval.
The Executive and the judiciary arm of the gvernment are expected to conform with the cut in their budget as it will aid the reduction of high cost of governance.

"One thing is certain, we have reached a consensus between the executive and legislature that the cost of running the government is too high and that there will be a need to cut down the cost of government and I think that, that will be the general trend in this particular budget. So, we are looking forward to seeing the budget and how much has been cut in terms of running the government," he said.

On the issue of the reported N50 billion slash from the proposed 2012 budget of the National Assembly by the president, Abaribe said action can only be taken by the senate when the budget is formally presented to the house.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5746885-146/pay_cut_for_all_arms_of.csp
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by bassette(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2011
From Beaf, hmmmm
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Eforce1: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
smiley
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Beaf: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
bassette:

From Beaf, hmmmm

Yeah, Mr stonehead, Beaf now writes for 234Next and makes Senators say things they don't know anything about.
Whats it like to be a record breaking dolt? Mystery!
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2011
This is a good step in the right direction.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by ak47mann(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2011
they should cut down on salaries is too high cool
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by DrummaBoy(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2011
Thats a good start
But I hope they follow it through
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by edoyad(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
bassette:

From Beaf, hmmmm

Beaf:

Yeah, Mr stonehead, Beaf now writes for 234Next and makes Senators say things they don't know anything about.
Whats it like to be a record breaking dolt? Mystery!

grin grin No matter how bad my day i trust NL to give me some action.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Demdem(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
I see no sincerity yet in this govt. Say something today, do another tommorrow.
So the Retardeen wants to cut cost and he still left for Australia with 170 clowns.
2012 is almost here. i dont trust them all.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Kilode1: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
Cut Yato si cut. So I'll wait to see the cut first.

If this Senators cannot make do with minimum wage of 18K plus 100% allowance of the same amount then they should leave policy-making and go start business. We need to grow our economy anyway. undecided

To Pay these Armed Robbers anything more than that is to keep encouraging corruption.

Until we become one of the top 10 economies on earth, Political office holders should not earn more than double the minimum wage.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by ak47mann(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
Nigerian govt officials don't suppose to earn more than $30.000 a year
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Kilode1: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
ak47mann:

Nigerian govt officials don't suppose to earn more than $30.000 a year

Almost 5Million Naira a year?? what for?? What businesses are they creating for us?

Nah. 18K x2 is just fine.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Wallie(m): 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
Sounds more like massive layoffs is in the future! I doubt the unions will allow a pay cut which will leave layoffs as the only other viable retrenchment option.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Basics007: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Thats a good start
But I hope they follow it through
Exactly what i was thinking. I hope they follow it thru. But i trust those people,the cut will never see the light of day.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by kholis(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
They only want to fool people into believing that they re responsible. Everyone will see how they will manipulate it.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by qwest(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2011
are you guys being mischievous or can't you see that in order to force the deregulation down Nigerians' throat they have to be seen to be buckling their own belts. besides with the securing of oil reserves by the West, a la 'liberation of Libya', the normal hike in price due to demand 4 heating oil for winter might not occur; and the continuing slow down in world economy might herald a reduction in our oil revenue. so be ready for harder times guys ( hate to be the harbinger of doom ). cry cry
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by MeGaStReEt: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
cool
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by HisMajesty1(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
If implemented, its gonna be gud 4 the economy
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by kokoye(m): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
How much is there salary compared to the ghana-must-go bags they share daily?

Who is fooling who

smh
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by TRUTHTELA: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
@OP, Do not be deceived, POLITICS is all about sentiments. Your RULERS read newspapers and they have read about the agitation for PAY CUT on their side and what is the TRCIK? Just make the announcement,as they did, & little minds will be carried away. PAY CUT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, NEVER!!! YOUR RULERS WILL NEVER SUSCRIBE TO IT. Have you forgotten their REACTION WHEN THE CBN, GOVERNOR told them how they are MILKING the nation dry?? Did they do anything to reduce it? NO. Rather, they wanted to "HANG HIM ON THE CROSS.

PEOPLE SHOULD PLEASE WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by EvilBrain1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
"One thing is certain, we have reached a consensus between the executive and
legislature that the cost of running the
government is too high and that there will
be a need to cut down the cost of
government and I think that, that will be the
general trend in this particular budget.

This is the thing I hate the most about the GEJ government. That its only now when there is a consensus that anything is being done about a serious problem that has been blindingly obvious for the past 6 years. Why can't we have a president that can make up his mind about something and convince/force the rest of government to do what he wants? Must Jonathan always wait for everybody to agree with him before he does anything? How sad it is that I'm looking back with fondness on Obasanjo's tenure.

Anyway, there's no way they're going to get away with reducing people's salaries. At best, they'll be a small cut in the jumbo allowances political office holders get. The only way to significantly reduce the cost of government is massive retrenchment coupled with the merging, downsizing and outright scrapping of ministries, parastatals and government agencies. It will be painful to do but will have major economic benefits in the mid to long-term future. That is assuming that we stop electing corrupt and incompetent people to high office.

Sadly, Jonathan doesn't have the balls to do something like that so don't expect the government to reduce in size anytime soon.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by KacHemNaU(m): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

@OP, Do not be deceived, POLITICS is all about sentiments. Your RULERS read newspapers and they have read about the agitation for PAY CUT on their side and what is the TRCIK? Just make the announcement,as they did, & little minds will be carried away. PAY CUT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, NEVER!!! YOUR RULERS WILL NEVER SUSCRIBE TO IT. Have you forgotten their REACTION WHEN THE CBN, GOVERNOR told them how they are MILKING the nation dry?? Did they do anything to reduce it? NO. Rather, they wanted to "HANG HIM ON THE CROSS.

PEOPLE SHOULD PLEASE WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!
Yes ooo
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2011
Demdem:

I see no sincerity yet in this govt. Say something today, do another tommorrow.
So the Retardeen wants to cut cost and he still left for Australia with 170 clowns.
2012 is almost here. i dont trust them all.

Well Said.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Funkymallam(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
It will all depend on those funny senators and 'Hon' members, lets see if they will agree to slashing dia jumbo pay.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Gbenge77(m): 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
Not impressed.gej is a joke.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by babaowo: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
this is mirage.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Jps1(m): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2011
Make God help o, make them do it, even though I doubt it.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 03, 2011
Nigerians still live in fantasyland init tongue

If a pay cut is achieved, I will shi.t a live unicorn undecided
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by bighead1(m): 4:25am On Nov 03, 2011
Them just dey BOBO us all,
na compiled/complete bunch of lies.
Mtschew.
Re: Pay Cut For All Arms Of Government by maxta: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2011
Let's see what the budget holds before we accept these claims,
For all we know, it might just be propaganda as usual! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

400,000 Naira To Invest / Help!!! I Don't Understand Jiji / How I Made N5 Million Naira As An Airbnb Host Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.