Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,048 members, 7,838,651 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Things To Note About Treating Drinking Water - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Things To Note About Treating Drinking Water (144 Views)

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank / Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects / 10 Important Things To Note About The New G.S.I Policy of The CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Note About Treating Drinking Water by Oduok(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
Water is life. The cleaner you drink the longer you live.

Let me share tips that will assist homes, sachet and bottle water factories:

1. Boiling water before drinking is a good move. If you can drink it refrigerated the better. You do not need to filter the water if it does not have visible particles.
2. For sachet water factories you do not need much equipment to treat water if you are starting with average income. All you need are chlorination, sand and activated charcoal bed, filters, UV radiation. You will only need reverse osmosis technology if the water table in your area is saline or have heavy metal content. You can go for ozonotion if you can afford.
3. For bottle water, the level of treatment would be higher. You may have to combine all the treatment options above.
4. Water factories are supposed to change their filters every two weeks. Sand and charcoal bed are to be backwashed daily - and changed when they lose their activity.
5. Do not drill borehole close to soakaway tank or location with history of soakaway or waste dump.
6. Make effort to send your drinking water to the lab to test for coliform group of bacteria and heavy metals. Test for hydrocarbon contamination if located near fuel stations and depots. Send lab result to me and I will assist you with wayforward.
7. Pathogenic bacteria is responsible for most diseases while heavy metals are responsible for organ failures. Hydrocarbon contamination is responsible for cancer and reproductive defects.
8. Engage only experts for your chlorine dosing.
9. pH is one fast indicator that can greatly help. Use pH metre or paper.

Drink healthy.

1 Like

Re: Things To Note About Treating Drinking Water by Akposkiz: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2023
Thanks for the info!

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 1million / Full Functional Site For Sale / We Are Real Property Sales And House Renting Agents In Aba 0814-207-4243

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.