Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

When To Change Truck Oil ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When To Change Truck Oil ? (306 Views)

Step By Step Instructions On How To Change Your Car Engine Oil Yourself / How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / These Are Signs That Tell You It's Time To Change The Engine Air Filter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Change Truck Oil ? by haul: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 24000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 15000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Gazzuzz

Re: When To Change Truck Oil ? by fineboynl(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
haul:
Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 24000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Please I need you guys to tell me when I can change the oil of my tipper truck it’s a Volvo 6 tyres FS7 . I used Ammansco Rondo HD oil . We’ve only driven 3000km so far . They’re suggesting we change it every month but my research everywhere we’re suggesting I could change by 15000km but I’m even pegging it at 7000km to make an oil change due to Nigeria environmental and quality factor .

What do you guys advised

Gazzuzz
I don’t know. But most trucks uses condemns oil from cars and that’s way some of them smoke really bad.
Re: When To Change Truck Oil ? by haul: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t know. But most trucks uses condemns oil from cars and that’s way some of them smoke really bad.

Thank you for replying . I don’t intend to treat my truck that way it makes good money so I should treat it well also . What do you think about when it can be changed
Re: When To Change Truck Oil ? by kingreign(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
haul:

What do you guys advised

What do you guys advised

Gazzuzz

What is the recommended Oil specified for your truck?
What's the current mileage of your truck?
Have your truck engine been overhauled before?
Re: When To Change Truck Oil ? by 9icetoo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
haul:

What do you guys advised

What do you guys advised

Gazzuzz

Have you changed the sump or oil pan to a smaller one as Nigerians usually do?

If not, halve the interval.

10,000 to 15,000km is okay.

However, I do not trust that oil you are using.

Go to any total filling station or oando, nnpc or the likes and buy their branded HD 40 oils with API rating not less than CF.

Those trucks usually have very large oil pans to accommodate long oil change intervals as they are working vehicles.

(1) (Reply)

Plz I Need Guidance On This / Sure Banker 2 Odds For Payment After Winning / Any Clean Camry 03-05 In Enugu... I Need One ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.