Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Clarifying Muslim Stance On Non-muslim Festivals - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Clarifying Muslim Stance On Non-muslim Festivals (87 Views)

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? / These Verses Affirm Tolerance and forbid unjust killings Towards Non-muslim / Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clarifying Muslim Stance On Non-muslim Festivals by Lukgaf(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2023
It is another festive period for Christians, and there has been controversy regarding wishing those who celebrate this festival a Merry Christmas, with many people pointing to those who hold the belief of not celebrating them as extremists.

Are these people extremists? No!

Firstly, Islam teaches Muslims to respect and do good to people irrespective of their beliefs. In fact, Prophet Muhammad enjoins us to be good to human beings and even to animals. A good Muslim should be good to all mankind — respect them, show love to them, commiserate with them when they are bereaved, and grant an invitation when invited to a halal event. But there are limitations. Every belief has this. When there is a conflict in belief, then Muslims stay back.

Christians believe in the Trinity, while Muslims believe in monotheism. So, it is part of my belief and principle not to associate myself with anything that goes against my belief. It is just like our politicians. Some are in APC, and others are in PDP. When there are core principles that do not go with APC, will PDP abide? Does that mean PDP hates those APC members? No! When Akeredolu died, all of them, irrespective of the party, commiserated with his family, but they did not celebrate Akeredolu when he won at the tribunal. I hope you see the angle I am coming from.

So, people should stop tagging Muslims who do not celebrate non-Muslim festivals as extremists. They are not! They are acting based on their beliefs and principles. They are not extremists.

(1) (Reply)

What To Say When You Come Upon Laylatul Qadr / Hmm / Entering Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.