Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria (2309 Views)

The Best Food - American Man Tastes Nigerian Jollof Rice, Egusi & Fufu / How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) / How To Cook The Best Nkwobi Cow Leg In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
which tribe cook the best food in Nigeria
Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by joceey(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Calabar and akwa-ibom

20 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yoruba.
Èfó riro will mesmerize and deliciouslize your entire being.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by sirchim(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Hausawa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Gabkosh: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
domipreeque:
Definitely not Afonjanistans.
Gbegiri is poison.
Osu, it supposed to kill your father.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by KwuoteYourFada: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
Putinofrussia:
Yoruba.
Èfó riro will mesmerize and deliviouslize your entire being.

That oiled Spirogyra algea looking thing?

Bleh🤮🤮

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by zombieHUNTER: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
It's Akwa Ibom

Undisputed.. first on the list

South west comes last when it comes to food in Nigeria..
they have attested to that themselves ,no doubt.

9 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Northernblood7(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Gabkosh:
, it supposed to kill my father.

You mean the rapist?

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
which tribe cook the best food in Nigeria

Igbos by far, followed by Ibibio.

Yorubas cook the worst delicacy among all Blacks and Africans. They really need to learn how to cook from people in SE and SS.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Efewestern: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
Efik/Ibibio

8 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yoruba should sit this one out....

GBEGIRI no be food

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by NFBI: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
myself

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by SSFeedsNigeria: 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lol, those that were cursed from the beginning are the people who literally eat greenish shit as food.

There is nothing superior about a tribe that can't cook ordinary food. Imagine supposed human beings to be cooking soup with dirty toilet broom?! Yuck!

Even their soups either look like watery stool or algae. I wonder how you guys survive on those things I won't even dare feed my dog.

Spit!

Shawnnn01:
Your curse pathetic Igbo father died hating the superior Yoruba tribe along with your mother. You are destined to perish in likely manner with your born n unborn children

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
I’d go with Akwa-Cross….followed by the Igbo!

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Fibonacci88: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Abeg leave food matter for akwa ibom and cross river.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Chimarto: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
One Yoruba girl I dated was embarrassed by the inability of her food to come near the one I cooked in terms of palatability and presentability. Until we broke up, she prefer eating igbo food. Let stop all this Yoruba superior. Una food come last .... Nothing to defend here. The girl testified, she was astonished as at how I can cook delicious food as a man....this is something that is not obtainable where she come from.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Never4getU: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omo i love Igbo food óò ifensala, egusi, vegetables, ofeakwu, abasha and many more but I love ifensala and d egusi more for swallow

8 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
joceey:
Calabar and akwa-ibom
Efik and Ibibio. Calabar is a state capital. Akwaibom is a state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Mensamusa: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Hausawa kwarai

Tuwo chinkafa
Tuwo masara
Masa
Kus-kus
Kindirimu
Awara
Kwuli-kwuli
Doya
Suya

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Nigercity: 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Akwa ibom/Calabar
Igbo
Hausa
Yoruba don't really have soup, except ewedu
They others aren't really attractive

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Shinjawestside: 12:02am On Dec 31, 2023
Yoruba and Akwaibom

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Beverlyjean(f): 1:22am On Dec 31, 2023
Shawnnn01:
Your curse pathetic Igbo father died hating the superior Yoruba tribe along with your mother. You are destined to perish in likely manner with your born n unborn children

Rule 2 ...seun Nlfpmod mukina2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Akaegwu(m): 3:30am On Dec 31, 2023
What do you mean by best food? Peanut and plantain is my best food.
Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Schoolshooter: 4:52am On Dec 31, 2023
Akwa ibom

After them serve you better chop , them proceed to correct knack
Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 6:51am On Dec 31, 2023
Chimarto:
One Yoruba girl I dated was embarrassed by the inability of her food to come near the one I cooked in terms of palatability and presentability. Until we broke up, she prefer eating igbo food. Let stop all this Yoruba superior. Una food come last .... Nothing to defend here. The girl testified, she was astonished as at how I can cook delicious food as a man....this is something that is not obtainable where she come from.
It depends...
My wife is a Yoruba and I am Yoruba too. My wife is a good cook mhen.

One of her side hustle apart from being a fashion designer and a teacher is to cook for people and I can tell you for free that majority of her customers are igbos.
Contract cooking is a trending business in abuja for women that can cook.
She makes more money cooking for people than any other business and most of her customers are igbo women and bankers.

I can cook too and I use to think I am a very good cook until I met her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Bleh🤮🤮

That is not ewedu,it is èfó riro and it is more delicious than any of your soups.
Ewedu is the most popular because it is very medicinal and it is mainly gotten in the streets than any other Yoruba soup.

A lot of people from other ethnic groups now know that it is a healthy,medicinal and spirit lifting soup.
When my mum cooks it,she always puts something that makes me love it so much.I later found out that it is egusi rolled into small balls.

It seems like ewedu has been the driving force making Yoruba the foremost black people in the world.

They have the highest number of Grammy award winners.
Highest number of best and richest black musicians in the world and the list goes on.

There are some Yoruba food that are not only healthy and nutritious, but also very delicious and appealing to the palate.
My favorite is Èfó riro and Iyan. cheesy

We have:
Bitterleaf soup.
Waterleaf soup.
Marugbo..basically from Ondo.Eat it and you will never want to eat anything again.So delicious cheesy
Ila alasepo...Most Igbo soup I eat in canteen are basically ila alasepo to me because they are the same draw and some orisirisi.
Egusi Soup
Ishapa Soup.
Luru Soup.

Some other delicacies...
Asun...Delicious garnished meats.
Ifokore...Ijebu rewa cheesy
Egbo- A breakfast food made from corn.
Moimoi- that a lot of people now love.
Akara- Bean balls also relished by many.
Jogi- a moi moi like food, but I think usually made from egusi.
Wẹ also have Ojulofun, Ekuru, etc.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Cook The Best Food In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 7:21am On Dec 31, 2023
domipreeque:
Definitely not Afonjanistans.
Gbegiri is poison.
KwuoteYourFada:

Bleh🤮🤮

This is how you people start war here on Nairaland, then go on twitter to start crying that Seun is a tribalist. See what you turned a topic that's supposed to be interesting to? Fuuls

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Some Weird Things You Have Seen In Other People's Kitchen / Crazy Food Mixtures You Have Tried Out / How To Make Your Nigerian Yam Porridge With A Rich And Creamy Consistency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.