Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. (15956 Views)

My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice / Is It Possible My Husband Is Sleeping With Our Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by mrjojo: 2:23pm On Jan 01
Ikaeniyan0:
Learn to mind your business.
no , not when it affect you or your family
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Ororocelemi(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01
OP can you pls tell your own mother this and then take her advice, I believe your mom will curse you if you help the useless family.
I believe if that your useless neighbors mom has a boy she would push him to yahoo guys to train him for her. Be careful in that compound since you don't like minding your business and I bet you the stupid family will still continue rapouring with those criminals once they are all released.

E sure me say the young girl is a dirty girl, *spits* tueh

Rich4god:
Greetings to you all...
Pardon me, my write up will be long.

A little intro.
About 3 months ago, we got a new tenant who packed into our compound. A family of 5, three daughters and the parent. One of the daughter is married and the father blind and stays in the village. So we have just the mother and two daughters staying in the compound.
The elder daughter is around 24years and has a job that takes her out of the house, but the junior one doesn't have, she stays at hine 247 and shes about 20-22 years.

There is a guy just opposite our compound and he's group of friends. By just looking at them, you will know that they are upcoming yahoo boys but they never blow. So for me, even though as I see them everyday, I do my best to avoid them.

The main issue.
Not up to 3 weeks after our neighbour packed into our compound, the younger daughter start hanging out with the guys. Almost every minute of the day, the girl and the guys will be seated right in front of the compound for hours even late into the night.

At time, they will stand right in front of our gate, of someone wants to come out of the compound, the won't shift for you. You will have to be telling them to move or you just pass by "dodging" them.

I was actually concerned about their relationship, because me I see to those boys as criminals and that girl isn't supposed to be relating with them. If say them done blow, I for understand, maybe the girl is getting some money from them, but those guys have nothing to offer. Not even meaningful advice.

One day I came back from work, they were at the front of our gate. I have to wriggle my way in as I don't want to start having any form of conversation with them. Then as I entered, I saw her mum seated in the compound and I jokingly said to her "Aren't you worried that your daughter is always standing outside with these boys"... and she said to me, "when you married your wife, was she always inside house, abi you no wan make I pikin see husband".... I just laughed it off, but I began to mind my business from that day.

1 Like

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

One Saturday, me and another neighbour just came out from our compound, only to be hearing shout from those boys that "we can't do them anything, that we don't have the right to tell them not to stand at the front of our gate, that if we do anyhow, we go see anyhow". We just neglected them and went away.
Later on, I learnt that our caretaker warned the mother to tell her daughter not to be standing at the front of the compound with those guys. So obviously, the girl went and told the guys about it that's why they were raking.

On the on Friday, 22 Dec, I came back home to hear the news that the girl have been arrested in connection to a stolen item and even though the item have been found, it was found in a bad state and the owner is insisting that they pay him for damages before he can withdraw his case. Police are saying that they can only release the girl if we pay the owner the money his requesting for,as the boys claimed the item spoilt at the girls hand, but for the boys, they will be charged for breaking into someone's residence to steal an item.

Now the mother have been begging us to help her raise money to pay the owner of the item as she doesn't have enough. But our caretaker is saying that none of us should donate a penny to her.

I just feel as though we should help her, but all the other neighbours are buying the idea of the caretaker that we should stay out of the case.
Brother, stay out of the case, like your caretaker and other neighbors suggested, and mind your business. You tried advising the mother but she paid deaf probably if you tried with the girl,she would equally pay deaf ears.
Stay far away from them,or they would drag you into unexpected problems.
People like that have a way of causing problems for others.
At least for your own safety and peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Quebec91(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01
Yes don't help thar stupid mother.. her eyes👁👁go dey clear small small

Shes a bad mother, i will say again, a bad mother, cuz when you approached her at first about her daughter rolling with those boys particularly, her response was not good at all, even if na outside she go find her husband not with guy you called upcoming yahoo boys that have nothing to offer

Infact i am glad that stuff happened and they arrested her with the guys. Stupid people

I hate nonsense in my life

I wish i was in your compound theb i would remind her mother her exact respond the day you came to advise her
Rich4god:
Continued....

One Saturday, me and another neighbour just came out from our compound, only to be hearing shout from those boys that "we can't do them anything, that we don't have the right to tell them not to stand at the front of our gate, that if we do anyhow, we go see anyhow". We just neglected them and went away.
Later on, I learnt that our caretaker warned the mother to tell her daughter not to be standing at the front of the compound with those guys. So obviously, the girl went and told the guys about it that's why they were raking.

On the on Friday, 22 Dec, I came back home to hear the news that the girl have been arrested in connection to a stolen item and even though the item have been found, it was found in a bad state and the owner is insisting that they pay him for damages before he can withdraw his case. Police are saying that they can only release the girl if we pay the owner the money his requesting for,as the boys claimed the item spoilt at the girls hand, but for the boys, they will be charged for breaking into someone's residence to steal an item.

Now the mother have been begging us to help her raise money to pay the owner of the item as she doesn't have enough. But our caretaker is saying that none of us should donate a penny to her.

I just feel as though we should help her, but all the other neighbours are buying the idea of the caretaker that we should stay out of the case.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Fiscus105(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01
MrDoGood:

Read very well, op is not talking about dating the girl.

I think minding his business will be better because it clearly shows that we read meaning to someone trying to help.

He might just be concerned and don't want her to mix with bad boys. Same thing any good big brother will do.
But almost everyone is telling him the girl won't agree to date him.

Wahala

If you read OP silent character, he is been jealous seeing the girl with so-called bad guys and he is being pained that the street guys are having upper hand on the girl.

He wants to *come-in now, to rescue the teen girl, "just to be seen as Messiah" and used that opportunity to have upper hand in the battle of contest between him and bad boys.

He is a type of guy who normally pretend to be morally upright, in which they would be dying in silent for what their body desired.
Instead for him to have convinced the girl and occupied her heart from very beginning in which the street boys wouldn't have had opportunity to near the girl, not to talk of becoming rival, he let it slipped away from his grip , having seeing his potential prey in the midst of his rival/competitor, he now resulted to name calling.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by jwax: 2:32pm On Jan 01
A compound of busy bodies

First you guys have gotten yourself a headache called a neighbor.

Both the girl and her mom are useless and that’s what you get when the father is no longer in the picture (may God help him regain his sight)

Una for that compound na aproko and why Una go let caretaker decide for Una who to help and who not to help
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by stuffs4me(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01
LilMissFavvy:
Why should the thoughts of helping her even cross your mind? I thought you should be happy to do as the caretaker says, so that she can spend a longer time in cell, and learn a lesson. You should be much more concerned about how the caretaker can do everything possible to frustrate/ evict them when their rent expire$. You are sounding like you have interest in the girl or her family undecided

The guy has interest in the girl.

cc: Rich4god
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by johnog4sure: 2:34pm On Jan 01
Foodqueen:
Mind your business.

I can't imagine that u actually went to say that to her mother. Isn't she aware about what's going on before

No matter how much you try, that girl no go ever look your side, there are some girls that are destined to date bad boys, she's one of them.

U thought cos u are a cool guy, she should av been chilling with you ba

If u like part with your money cos u av the hope that she might start dating you. OYO.

Mind your business before them naked you for that house.
complete advice, if u like ignore this advice
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Sirchiboy: 2:44pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

If you can convince other neighbours to help then do so but if they refused and you can help please do so.
Don't blame the girl.
she is still naive.
If the neighbours refused to help then you can go and help them then give the mother a stern warning never to disclose to anyone that you help them.
Advise the mother to tell the girl to learn work or if you can connect her with job please do so.
But be wise in all your doings because some people are wicked and ungrateful.
God bless your heart.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Deogratiasfx: 2:51pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

If they are remorseful and u want to help, fine go ahead. Give the one u can and don't try to convince ur co neighbours to join u.
Just ensure u mind ur business as much as u can.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Ikaeniyan0: 3:08pm On Jan 01
[
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Fearyourcreator: 3:12pm On Jan 01
UnfairLife7:
Jesus

I don't believe a mother can say that...

seems this world is truly coming to an end o
See this my brother ooo ... It's what is happening now .. especially if the father is not staying with the family,very easy ...
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by skywalker240(m): 3:13pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

As a wise man, you should stay out of the case
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Nonywendy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

You told the mother and the mother gave you a savage response. What other response do u want from us here? Or are u interested in the said girl
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Nonywendy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 01
ikeno:
Just contribute your own potion of the money and help the mother. Children of this generation no dey hear word. Am sure when she comes out she go don get small sense for that her kolo head.

My nephew use to hang out with some upcoming yahoo boys, wey their mama still dey give chop money and he followed them to only godd know where he was stabbed and they left him if not for some good Samaritan that told me and i took him to the hospital where he was treated for his injury. Ever since he was discharged he has totally changed, more focus on his studies and always indoor cause i gave him a stern warning that if i see him with those boys again i will break his two leg and still treat him.
If I contribute one penny make u bend

1 Like

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Fearyourcreator: 3:15pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:

Minding of business is good, but this isn't how we grew up. Back then, even a stranger can correct your wrong doing. Now all we hear is mind your business.
Lolz
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Starships4u(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

Don't pay a dime!
Let her stay there s little to learn her lessons...
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Qatar2022: 3:18pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

Upon everything that woman did you still don't want to mind your business, it seems that you want to sleep with that woman or the daughter
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Qatar2022: 3:19pm On Jan 01
UnfairLife7:
Jesus

I don't believe a mother can say that...

seems this world is truly coming to an end o
Some people can be terrible
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Fiscus105(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01
Foodqueen:
Mind your business.

I can't imagine that u actually went to say that to her mother. Isn't she aware about what's going on before

No matter how much you try, that girl no go ever look your side, there are some girls that are destined to date bad boys, she's one of them.

U thought cos u are a cool guy, she should av been chilling with you ba

If u like part with your money cos u av the hope that she might start dating you. OYO.

Mind your business before them naked you for that house.

Infact, this type of girl and his mother, a hard/bad guy would be sleeping with them, even with knowledge of both the mother and daughter of immortality that is going on. That's is their mentality and little or nothing can good person does, to re-orientate them.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Reigwoken: 3:29pm On Jan 01
You wrote very well and to answer your question this isn't a case of being insensitive.

There is a saying that to be forewarned is to be forearmed, and the mother did not take precautions.

1 Like

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by ceejay80s(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:
Continued....

Oga u owe them nothing.....sebi her daughter don see husband .

3 Likes

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Kevineleven(m): 3:45pm On Jan 01
Don't get involved, you are a kind man but don't waste your kindness on people that will not appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by RepoMan007: 4:01pm On Jan 01
Mind your business or deal her a psychological card by anonymously coming to her aid. That way she won't know who helped her and who to hate on in the future.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:03pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:

I want to believe that you didn't read my post well before you typed this your reply. I have important things to do than to even think of following a lady. This is one of the problem with you ladies, when a guy shows a geniu concern towards your wellbeing, you automatically think that he's trying to "get you".

So if your neighbour sees a family member of yours following criminals, he should just allow her be because correcting her means he want her to be chilling with him. Uwa mmebi.

Lady, not all men follow things under skirt.
Bros don't mind her, she is criminally minded, their type full nairaland remain, their inimical attitude was responsible for the recent shut down of Nairaland.
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Dadatao1998: 4:04pm On Jan 01
Onyiiobi7735:

Brother, stay out of the case, like your caretaker and other neighbors suggested, and mind your business. You tried advising the mother but she paid deaf probably if you tried with the girl,she would equally pay deaf ears.
Stay far away from them,or they would drag you into unexpected problems.
People like that have a way of causing problems for others.
At least for your own safety and peace of mind.
OP, take this advice. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:04pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:

Generally on our part, we don't usually allow people into our compound anyhow. And it seems like these guys are using the girl to gain access and hang around our compound. Within us as neighbours, it became a concern for us but we thought that soon it will stop. But it keep getting frequent. I just asked the mum that question because a concern mother shouldn't allow her daughter flow with people like that.

I didn't know that I will be embarrassed by her.
Don't contribute a dime. They are criminally minded
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01
Look away
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:08pm On Jan 01
Rich4god:

Thank you my brother.... See everyone saying mind your business... mind your business when the result of their action is going to affect everyone.
This is a security threat to OP life & property and the idiots here are telling him to mind his business! ?🙀😡

2 Likes

Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by Dadatao1998: 4:16pm On Jan 01
Sirchiboy:
If you can convince other neighbours to help then do so but if they refused and you can help please do so.
Don't blame the girl.
she is still naive.
If the neighbours refused to help then you can go and help them then give the mother a stern warning never to disclose to anyone that you help them.
Advise the mother to tell the girl to learn work or if you can connect her with job please do so.
But be wise in all your doings because some people are wicked and ungrateful.
God bless your heart.
Wrong advice.
Op, please don't take this advice, it's for your own safety
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by BItt: 4:16pm On Jan 01
Everybody we meet in life is for a reason,
Help them pay the bill if you can, you won't regret it
Re: Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. by duduade: 4:22pm On Jan 01
[quote author=pek post=127726849][/quote]

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bro, thank you for the correction sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B / I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) / Is Chy Mall / Sairui Mall A Scam ? Findout Chymall.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.