Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? (1500 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services / UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! / Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? by abbyode(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2011
Hello Guys,

This has been on my mind for some time now.
Why do we have such a high level of BAD customer service in Nigeria?
For instance, I have sent an email to a customer care contact of an organisation for the past 10 hours and there is no response up till now. Not even an acknowledgement has been received.
WHY? WHY?? WHY??

Do you experience such?
Re: Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? by richerdex: 12:49am On Nov 04, 2011
I am not in Nigeria at the moment. in fact I haven't been there for a couple of years. But when last I visited Lagos, the first thing I noticed was that everyone was angry. In such an environment, I felt choked.

And it is the problem with Nigeria. Everyone is angry. Until people feel peace there will always be bad everything (roads, customer service, no electricity, etc)

Nigerian leaders are using old ideas to run the country. Tell me why a 70+ year old man will still be contesting elections. That is senile greed in my opinion. What does he think he missed out in his younger, agile days that he can do now when he needs to pee 8 times a day.

He should be retired, But no, we watch as these old men loot money that they may not even be around to spend in a few years, while the young ones get angry but do not react.

Nigeria is a good example of a puppet show.

1 Like

Re: Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? by highland(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2011
Poor staff development and compensation are the major issue.
Re: Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? by Kellygold(f): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
Airtel is the worse of the all. They eat while talking, make background chats, give annoying response that makes you insult the at times and generally bad manner on call. Though they are poorly paid, the company should not keep such incompetency shocked
Re: Bad Customer Service In Nigeria, Why? by Kellygold(f): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
shocked
highland: Poor staff development and compensation are the major issue.

(1) (Reply)

The Business Of Writing (part 1) / International Distributor & Make A Minimum Of 500k Monthly LAGOS RESIDENCE ONLY / Urgent: Price Of Palm Oil At Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.