Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

People Fall Into Three Categories: - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / People Fall Into Three Categories: (14948 Views)

Intercession Has Categories: / Categories Of Martyrs In Islam - Shayk Sulaimon Amubieya / 10 Categories Of Muslims You Will Find In The Mosque During Tarowiyy (Aasamu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Fall Into Three Categories: by akinsmail51: 8:56am On Jan 01
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: People fall into three categories:

The rich, who have more than they need;

The poor, who are not able to earn enough to meet their needs;

And the third category, which is those who have just enough to meet their needs.

Hence there were some prominent Prophets, Messengers and people among the early generations (namely the Sahaabah) who were rich, such as Ibraaheem al-Khaleel, Ayyoob, Dawood, Sulaymaan, ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan, ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, Talhah, az-Zubayr, Sa‘d ibn Mu‘aadh, Usayd ibn al-Hudayr, As‘ad ibn Zuraarah, Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari, ‘Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit and others who were among the best of mankind, such as Prophets and siddeeqs (those who are strong and true in faith).

And among them were some who were poor, such as the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam, Yahya ibn Zakariyya, ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib, Abu Dharr al-Ghifaari, Mus‘ab ibn ‘Umayr, Salmaan al-Faarisi and others who were also among the best of mankind, Prophets and siddeeqs.

And among them were some who alternated between the two; they were rich at some times and poor at other times. Thus they were able to attain the virtue of those who are rich and charitable, and the virtue of those who are poor and have patience, such as our Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), Abu Bakr and ‘Umar.

End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (11/124).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by dopedan(m): 10:43am On Jan 05
How does this get me a job in 2024?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by Johnmattee(m): 10:43am On Jan 05
Barka Jimoh! to all muslims both home and abroad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by Dimaya: 10:46am On Jan 05
To know who rules over you, note the person's you're not allowed to criticize .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by Adewabdul: 10:48am On Jan 05
It may not get you a job in this world, but listen to the message will surely give you everlasting joy and peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by chillychill(f): 10:49am On Jan 05
Jazakumllah khayran.... Jumah Mubarak.

Which one me I come dey like dis

4 Likes

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by abobote: 11:36am On Jan 05
He didn't say anything new

1 Like

Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by YourGFsnatcher: 11:51am On Jan 05
Bullish
Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 12:35pm On Jan 05
Not sure

Muhammad the rapist.... embarassed
Re: People Fall Into Three Categories: by Kingrshd3: 12:39pm On Jan 05
dopedan:
How does this get me a job in 2024?

😂 My brother I tire OOO

(1) (Reply)

A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah / Discovering Our Roles In The Society - By Mufti Menk In Kaduna, Nigeria. / Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.