Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. (106 Views)

Why Do People Change / Does Our Personality Change When We Are Online / Why People Smoke In Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. by golbe1972: 3:30pm On Jan 01
Since I was a kind I've always heard this complain of people who ordinarily are known to be " good and kind hearted" amongst his/ her siblings and friends travelled out of the country and suddenly becomes this person opposite of what he/she is known to be. In reality it might be the case but people fail to put into consideration what you're going through , and because of this culture of entitlement we fail to understand that at the end of the day it is all man for himself and God for us all. It might sound mean but it is the reality . It is not that those people that travelled have changed in terms of their heart of kindness but rather the new society have so shaped them to only Cather for themselves. That is the way the economies in Europe are structured. They're not structured in such a way to be working so hard and be a good Samaritans to those who just sleep and wake up back home, and waiting for the friend or family members abroad to send money.
People abroad didn't change but the society they now found themselves changed them to now see that working hard can only put food on your table not lazing around. If you're abroad and you have to go through all the hard legal means of survival and you look back home and realised some people are just waiting for you to send money , it makes you more unkind as you used to be.
So I want to believe this has answered to the question " why do people change when they get abroad"?
Re: Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. by coputa(m): 3:37pm On Jan 01
golbe1972:
Since I was a kind I've always heard this complain of people who ordinarily are known to be " good and kind hearted" amongst his/ her siblings and friends travelled out of the country and suddenly becomes this person opposite of what he/she is known to be. In reality it might be the case but people fail to put into consideration what you're going through , and because of this culture of entitlement we fail to understand that at the end of the day it is all man for himself and God for us all. It might sound mean but it is the reality . It is not that those people that travelled have changed in terms of their heart of kindness but rather the new society have so shaped them to only Cather for themselves. That is the way the economies in Europe are structured. They're not structured in such a way to be working so hard and be a good Samaritans to those who just sleep and wake up back home, and waiting for the friend or family members abroad to send money.
People abroad didn't change but the society they now found themselves changed them to now see that working hard can only put food on your table not lazing around. If you're abroad and you have to go through all the hard legal means of survival and you look back home and realised some people are just waiting for you to send money , it makes you more unkind as you used to be.
So I want to believe this has answered to the question " why do people change when they get abroad"?
It individualistic,I remit a percentage of my income back home every month.my family is all I have
Re: Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. by Powerbando(f): 3:44pm On Jan 01
golbe1972:

i know somewhere in the abroad where they used to pluck money for free
your opinion doed not pertain to everybody

(1) (Reply)

Free TV Decorder Options / 5 Bedroom Duplex Design / Iphone 11 Mini 128GB For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.