Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me (3732 Views)

Look What Palmcredit Sent Me / I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Rayymond: 10:29pm On Jan 01
Hello everyone, please I need help and guidance on this whole issue with Palmcredit loan app. I will provide as much information as possible. I will be grateful if it can be taken to front page for maximum exposure and help.

Sometimes, last year around April 2023, my phone was stolen by a one chance korope bus. The phone was a major tool for my office work, so I had to get another about three days later. I was not expecting to spend on phone but the lost of my phone made me bought a phone in one of the slot shop where there was EASYBUY ....I paid 30% and allowed to pay instalmental payments for 4 months. I had no issue paying back the loan as I was in a paid employment. I paid back as and when due.

Little did I know that EASYBUY is same as PALMCREDIT, the name of the company is NEWEDGE FINANCE LIMITED but they have different loan apps that they manage.

I assumed that EASYBUY gave my data to Palmcredit which I have also used before. They started calling me to take loans. I believe the calls ware due to my prompt payment for the phone I bought without defaulting in the instalmental payments.

Fast forward, in late October 2023, I was no longer in a paid employment as I had resigned from the company I work for. I needed a small amount of money to complete a payment so I downloaded PALMCREDIT LOAN APP, they already have my information, I'm sure it was given to them by EASYBUY, their sisters company where I bought a phone. In the loan app of Palmcredit, there was a pop up that showed I qualified for N78,000 - N200,000 loan.

This is quite above the average loan given to Nigerians. Note, I was not employed at this time. So the first question was, what did I need the loan for? I chose Business.....

Immediately, I received a pop up message which stated congratulations your loan of N200,000 is on its way.

I was shocked. I have not indicated how much loan I wanted, I have not checked the interest rate and I have not check the time to repay and the loan was disbursed to one of my old account that I had used the last time I used the app about two years ago or so.

Immediately, the loan was disbursed to my account, the app went BLANK. Nothing was clicking, NO information about repayment nor interest rate. (I made a screen record of this)

After about 1 hour, the update came that the repayment is 3 months (28 days interval) and that with the N200,000, I would payback 303,000.

How could I pay back 303K for a loan I didn't even request for. I am not stupid to collect a loan of 200K in this economy and pay back 303K....that's over 50% .

This PALMCREDIT pushed their loan on me...now I'm struggling to payback....and for each passing day...they are increasing the loan balance for me.

This is a daylight robbery, I didn't request for N200,000.

I even asked their loan collector where their office is, whether I should visit them....she refused to tell me.

I am being blamed for keeping their money when they sent it to me....that I should have sent it back to them?

But as soon as they send it, their app went blank and I could not reach their customer service representative.

I did a little research and I realized that this loan app intentionally gives loan to some people without them requesting for such amount, because they know they have good records.

Please I need your advice. I have paid back the money sent to me but they are disturbing me to pay the full loan with interest.

How can I give free 100K to loan app when I didn't even use the loan for my personal gain.

Please I need professional advice
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by 1TrippleCee: 10:35pm On Jan 01
Some people are looking for such loans and will repay within the time frame.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Zaheertyler(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01
Owing isn't a crime
Accept the reality and pay back when you can.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by urbobo20(m): 10:41pm On Jan 01
go change your ATM card and throw that sim away
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:
use your head please. Is he part of the people looking for such loans ? I wonder why some of you are so insensitive and talk carelessly especially when people are facing problems.

Op, I suggest you get any Central Bank of Nigeria contact and send them a detailed complaint, I'm sure they'll take it up. You can also involve the consumer protection council and alternative dispute resolution department of any high court in your state of residence. I'm not an expert in these things but there's no harm in trying your luck

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by shawante(m): 10:44pm On Jan 01
urbobo20:
Best advice..

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Rayymond: 10:44pm On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:

What kind of low risk genuine business gives 50% profit within 3 months

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Rayymond: 10:50pm On Jan 01
MASTAkiLLAh:
use your head please. Is he part of the people looking for such loans ? I wonder why some of you are so insensitive and talk carelessly especially when people are facing problems.

Op, I suggest you get any Central Bank of Nigeria contact and send them a detailed complaint, I'm sure they'll take it up. You can also involve the consumer protection council and alternative dispute resolution department of any high court in your state of residence. I'm not an expert in these things but there's no harm in trying your luck
Thanks for your advice. I will consider it

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by oguns222: 10:51pm On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:

He is not some people. He is an individual not in need of such a loan.

Imagine the kind of response vomit from your brain. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by EquitableTech: 10:55pm On Jan 01
Rayymond:
Hello everyone, please I need help and guidance on this whole issue with Palmcredit loan app. I will provide as much information as possible. I will be grateful if it can be taken to front page for maximum exposure and help.

Sometimes, last year around April 2023, my phone was stolen by a one chance korope bus. The phone was a major tool for my office work, so I had to get another about three days later. I was not expecting to spend on phone but the lost of my phone made me bought a phone in one of the slot shop where there was EASYBUY ....I paid 30% and allowed to pay instalmental payments for 4 months. I had no issue paying back the loan as I was in a paid employment. I paid back as and when due.

Little did I know that EASYBUY is same as PALMCREDIT, the name of the company is NEWEDGE FINANCE LIMITED but they have different loan apps that they manage.

I assumed that EASYBUY gave my data to Palmcredit which I have also used before. They started calling me to take loans. I believe the calls ware due to my prompt payment for the phone I bought without defaulting in the instalmental payments.

Fast forward, in late October 2023, I was no longer in a paid employment as I had resigned from the company I work for. I needed a small amount of money to complete a payment so I downloaded PALMCREDIT LOAN APP, they already have my information, I'm sure it was given to them by EASYBUY, their sisters company where I bought a phone. In the loan app of Palmcredit, there was a pop up that showed I qualified for N78,000 - N200,000 loan.

This is quite above the average loan given to Nigerians. Note, I was not employed at this time. So the first question was, what did I need the loan for? I chose Business.....

Immediately, I received a pop up message which stated congratulations your loan of N200,000 is on its way.

I was shocked. I have not indicated how much loan I wanted, I have not checked the interest rate and I have not check the time to repay and the loan was disbursed to one of my old account that I had used the last time I used the app about two years ago or so.

Immediately, the loan was disbursed to my account, the app went BLANK. Nothing was clicking, NO information about repayment nor interest rate. (I made a screen record of this)

After about 1 hour, the update came that the repayment is 3 months (28 days interval) and that with the N200,000, I would payback 303,000.

How could I pay back 303K for a loan I didn't even request for. I am not stupid to collect a loan of 200K in this economy and pay back 303K....that's over 50% .

This PALMCREDIT pushed their loan on me...now I'm struggling to payback....and for each passing day...they are increasing the loan balance for me.

I even asked their loan collector where their office is, whether I should visit them....she refused to tell me.

I am being blamed for keeping their money when they sent it to me....that I should have sent it back to them?

But as soon as they send it, their app went blank and I could not reach their customer service representative.

I did a little research and I realized that this loan app intentionally gives loan to some people without them requesting for such amount, because they know they have good records.

Please I need your advice. I have paid back the money sent to me but they are disturbing me to pay the full loan with interest.

How can I give free 100K to loan app when I didn't even use the loan for my personal gain.

Do not pay back that money....they did the same to me back in 2022...i tried all i could to reach back to them immediately, all efforts proved abortive and they started contacting me a week before the due date with over 50% interest. I cursed the lady that called me with anger and reported them to CBN and consumer protection agency.
Till date, they stopped calling me. I am sure either CBN or the consumer protection council get back to them and they chickened out.

How on Earth couldyou ask for over 50% interest on a loan you forced on peolpe?

@ OP if u allowed them to harrass u and u paid...shame on you.

7 Likes

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Artiiclebeast: 12:12am On Jan 02
Ignore them if you pushed the money back to them immediately.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by dauntless15(m): 12:46am On Jan 02
They'll keep increasing it bro, I have repaid 200k for a loan of 50k before, they add 1200 everyday, the more I keep making deposits to decrease it the crazier they get with the additional intrest, I paid and at the end I paid over 150k intrest for a loan of barely 60k.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Vickyphil(f): 2:37am On Jan 02
dauntless15:
They'll keep increasing it bro, I have repaid 200k for a loan of 50k before, they add 1200 everyday, the more I keep making deposits to decrease it the crazier they get with the additional intrest, I paid and at the end I paid over 150k intrest for a loan of barely 60k.
You Bleep up big time
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by MrFourSHIRTS: 3:05am On Jan 02
1. Do everything to pay back the money
Or alternatively
2. Stop paying back anything and let them do their worse.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Goalnaldo(m): 4:23am On Jan 02
Me that needs this type is 5k they give me
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Whatisurproblem(m): 4:38am On Jan 02
Rayymond:

What kind of low risk genuine business gives 50% profit within 3 months
he's thier agent, they're everywhere

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Foodqueen(f): 5:16am On Jan 02
If u are sure you've paid the 200k, ignore them.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Gadafii: 5:33am On Jan 02
You said you have used the app before but kept insinuating it was the easy buy that gave them your info for them to sell loan service to you, was it easy buy that also gave them your account number they credited

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by LOVEGINO(m): 6:49am On Jan 02
MrFourSHIRTS:
1. Do everything to pay back the money
Or alternatively
2. Stop paying back anything and let them do their worse.
no 2
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by westlius(m): 10:19am On Jan 02
urbobo20:
Smart bro
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by progressb4andno: 11:43am On Jan 02
1TrippleCee:
Shut up, you must be among the creemenals giving people daylight robbery loan.
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by progressb4andno: 11:46am On Jan 02
Don't worry, i have collected and eaten lots of loans from all these company and i have no intention of paying back shishi, just throway your atm card and get a new one that's all.
When they call you on the phone you rain curses on them!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by EbenezerTriumph: 1:25am On Jan 04
urbobo20:
exactly what I did and experienced peace of mine
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by jeswinner: 11:35am On Jan 28
EquitableTech:

Do not pay back that money....they did the same to me back in 2022...i tried all i could to reach back to them immediately, all efforts proved abortive and they started contacting me a week before the due date with over 50% interest. I cursed the lady that called me with anger and reported them to CBN and consumer protection agency.
Till date, they stopped calling me. I am sure either CBN or the consumer protection council get back to them and they chickened out.

How on Earth couldyou ask for over 50% interest on a loan you forced on peolpe?

@ OP if u allowed them to harrass u and u paid...shame on you.

how did you report to Efcc, cbn and consumer protection council?
Re: Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me by Obierika(m): 3:53pm On Jan 30
Rayymond:

I really think you should have sent back the money immediately, by holding on to it it means you accepted the terms of the loan.

However, try and see if you can get their customer care email or number and make an official complaint

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Airtel Unlimited Blackberry Plan On A Non-blackberry Device(tested An / Whiteboard Animations and Explainer videos: LEARN & DESIGN for your business! / Can N 1,000,000. 00 Naira Start A Business in Nigeria. Please Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.