Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Roadmap To Become A Wordpress Developer In 2024 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Roadmap To Become A Wordpress Developer In 2024 (102 Views)

Wordpress Developer I Need Assistance / I Need A Wordpress Developer! / 9 Common Problems Of A Wordpress Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roadmap To Become A Wordpress Developer In 2024 by Dapo92(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02
Looking forward to become a WordPress Dev in the coming year? Here is the roadmap/guides you can follow.

I have worked as a WordPress Designer for close to 6 years and I just recently concluded my internship as a Fullstack WordPress Developer (I wish I followed the proper roadmap when I started out to become a WP dev). Following these guides mean you will be better than I was 5 years ago if you can be consistent.

What Does WordPress Developer Do?
- WP Developer design and develop custom themes (without using child theme or an existing theme), custom plugins, Fix WordPress bugs, Fetch data from external websites and store on WordPress database, and what have you.

To become a WordPress Dev, follow the guides below:
1. Learn a HTML.
2. CSS/SASS: This should take you like 6 – 8 weeks (if you are consistent).
3. Learn PHP: WordPress is built with PHP. You will need the knowledge of the language to interact with WordPress Core APIs (fetching posts, querying, and so on) in your themes and plugins. This should take you like 2 months.
4. Learn JavaScript/jQuery: This should take you like 2 months .
5. Learn how WordPress works:
6. Learn WordPress Coding Standards: This is VERY important. You MUST ensure your code meets WordPress standards (HTML, CSS, PHP, and Javascript) and how to keep your theme and plugin.
7. Learn the basics of UI design: Just be comfortable with how UI design is and how to translate the design into code and ensure the theme is almost 100% like the UI (pixelperfect).
8. Learn MYSQL: MYSQL is the database WordPress uses.
9. Learn the basics of REACT: If you want to be able to develop custom/Native gutenberg blocks, you will need React.
10. Build projects: You can only become better by building projects.
11. Build your portfolio and search for jobs

If you're already a developer, becoming a WordPress dev won't take you long.

LEARN MORE: https://www.alphawebtips.com/roadmap-to-become-a-wordpress-developer/

(1) (Reply)

Republik...platform That Pays For Social Media Actions / How To Set Up And Include Google Adsense Code On My Wordpress Website. / Cheap And Responsive PHP Scripts Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.