Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million (795 Views)

Protest In Osogbo As SARS Officers Chase 3 Suspected Fraudsters To Death (pix) / New Trick Used By Kidnappers And Fraudsters To Implicate Unsuspecting People / ATM Analyst Connived With Fraudsters To Steal Over N20m From Customers(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Triton1996(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03
TRIXX NG reports that digital bank merchant; Moniepoint MFB has sent one of its customers to a new year of worries with a nonchalant customer service attitude, leading to the loss of a whopping N9.6 Million belonging to the customer.

It was an unfortunate incident that was borne out of a technical copulation between Moniepoint MFB and men of the underworld; the banking merchant was reportedly unavailable when they were needed to prevent dare-devils from accessing the customer’s account, thereby, rendering assistance to the invaders technically.

According to an X (formerly twitter) user who spoke to the customer, Usman Bankkole Olajuwon, the sad event happened on 27th of December when his phone was stolen with the balance of N9.6 Million naira in his Moniepoint MFB account. Immediately, He sent mails to Moniepoint MFB to block his account but none was attended to.

While the customer was unable to get any response from Moniepoint MFB, men of the underworld were able to reset his password and withdraw his money gradually. He proceeded to the bank the following Monday but as we speak, nothing has been done to it.

Apart from the failure of the bank’s customer service, this confirms that Moniepoint MFB isn’t capable of securing customer’s funds.

Below is the narration and proofs of deducted funds

https://trixxng.com/how-moniepoint-mfb-assisted-fraudsters-to-steal-customers-n9-6-million-video/

1 Share

Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by progressb4andno: 12:26pm On Jan 03
Why didn't he dial their ussd code or app or even enter the bank himself.
Mails takes time to work.
Anyway if it was me no need for too much talk i would just walk into the bank and drive away with the manager's car or go straight to the cashier desk and pick up some bundles of cash.
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Kingosytex(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03
I don't even know who to blame on this.
Moniepoint never asked them to steal your phone, you all should share the blame.
The account were the said funds entered should be tracked.
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by jamesversion: 3:05pm On Jan 03
To steal my phone is one thing.

To unlock my sim code is another thing altogether.

Any phone you insert my sim will not boot. grin

4 Likes

Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Chicagograduate(m): 1:08am On Jan 04
Upcoming blogger
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Pinicop(m): 2:21am On Jan 04
jamesversion:
To steal my phone is one thing.

To unlock my sim code is another thing altogether.

Any phone you insert my sim will not boot. grin

Really? How can I do that in order to protect myself?
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by jamesversion: 6:38am On Jan 04
Pinicop:

Really? How can I do that in order to protect myself?

Ok, I use a Samsung Phone. I belive the process might be same on other android phone. It goes thus:

Open settings>>> go to Security & Privacy>>> choose other security settings >>> choose setup Simcard lock>>>> activate simcard lock option.

It will require you to choose a 4digit Simcard pin. Input the 4digit pin and then reconfirm the pin. That's it.

Whenever your phone is switched off or restarted or your Sim is inserted into another phone, you are required to input the pin, else the phone will not start up. So anyone without access to your pin cannot initialise the phone in the first instance before they even contemplate moving your funds.

NB: please input a pin you can remember, else, you can no longer access the sim anymore without visiting your network provider.

1 Like

Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Houseontherock1: 7:30am On Jan 04
When you keep money in naija banks, you must learn how to pray for protection for the money join undecided

1 Like

Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Pinicop(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04
jamesversion:

Open settings>>> go to Security & Privacy>>> choose other security settings >>> choose setup Simcard lock>>>> activate simcard lock option.

NB: please input a pin you can remember, else, you can no longer access the sim anymore without visiting your network provider.

Thank you so much for the info.

1 Like

Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by jamesversion: 10:02pm On Jan 04
Pinicop:

Thank you so much for the info.

Anytime.
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Edoreborn: 1:15am On Jan 05
jamesversion:

Ok, I use a Samsung Phone. I belive the process might be same on other android phone. It goes thus:

It will require you to choose a 4digit Simcard pin. Input the 4digit pin and then reconfirm the pin. That's it.

Whenever your phone is switched off or restarted or your Sim is inserted into another phone, you are required to input the pin, else the phone will not start up. So anyone without access to your pin cannot initialise the phone in the first instance before they even contemplate moving your funds.

I just put my 4digit no,,they said incorrect and remaining two more attempt,,so I stopped..make dem no block me
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Reelmii: 9:34am On Jan 06
For this January wey long pass 3rd mainland bridge...na wah o
Re: How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million by Reelmii: 9:38am On Jan 06
For this January wey long pass 3rd mainland bridge...na wah o...

But does moniepoint have an outlet...if yes...he should have walked in to their office immediately his phone was stolen so that they can block the line...

(1) (Reply)

62-year-old Woman Jailed Over N17.5m Fraud / Visas / Anti-bullet Charms And Armed Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.