Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria (16455 Views)

NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Antoeni(m): 4:12am On Jan 05
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has listed 58 illegal universities operating in Nigeria.

The names include those claiming to be affiliates of foreign universities in the country.

Also, nine degree mills are currently undergoing further investigations and/or court actions.

The development followed the suspension of degree certificates from two Francophone West African countries after an undercover journalist detailed how he acquired a degree from a university in Benin Republic under two months and was deployed for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

In the list below, institutions that have “other campuses” are indicated with “others”; those ‘”operating anywhere in Nigeria” have “anywhere” as suffix. They are as follows:

University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State, or any of its other campuses; University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses; University of Applied Sciences and Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Blacksmith University, Akwa, or any of its other campuses; Volta University College, HO, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Royal University, Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, or any of its other campuses; Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State, or any of its other campuses; United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses; and United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra State, or any of its other campuses.

Others are: Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State, or any of its other campuses; UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State, or any of its other campuses; Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Pleateu State, or any of its other campuses; The International University, Missouri, U.S.A., Kano and Lagos studies centres, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Collumbus University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Tiu International University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Pebbles University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria; London External Studies, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria; and Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.

The NUC also listed: West African Christian University, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Bolta University College, Aba, or any of its campuses in Nigeria; JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University), Kaduna, illegal campus; Western University, Esie, Kwara State, or any of its campuses in Nigeria; St. Andrews University College, Abuja, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; EC-Council USA, Ikeja, Lagos Study Centre; Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Concept College/Universities (London), Ilorin, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria; and Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.

Also listed as illegal are: Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo State, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo State, or any of its other campuses in Nigeria; Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria; Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija Anambra State; Open International University, Akure; Middle Belt University (North Central University), Otukpo; Lead Way University, Ugheli, Delta State; Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja; Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam), Ndoki, Rivers State; Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State; Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja; Temple University, Abuja; Irish University Business School, London, operating anywhere in Nigeria; National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State; . University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos–Ibadan Expressway and its annex at 41, Ikorodu Road, Lagos; University of Education, Wenneba Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Cape Coast University, Ghana, operating in Nigeria; African University Cooperative Development (AUCD) Cotonou, Benin Republic, operating anywhere in Nigeria; Pacific Western University, Denver Colorado, Oweri Study Centre; and Evangel University of America and Chudick Management Academic, Lagos.

The others listed as illegal are: Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko campus); Career Light Resources Centre, Jos; University of West Africa, Kwali Abuja, FCT; Coastal University, Iba Oku, Akwa Ibom State; Kaduna Business School, Kaduna; Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State; West African Union University, in collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology, Nigeria, operating anywhere in Nigeria; and Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University, 165 Isolo Road, Cele bus stop, Egbe, Ikotun, Lagos.

In addition to the closure, the following degree mills are currently undergoing further investigations and/or ongoing court actions.

The purpose of the actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.

They are: National University of Nigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa State; North Central University, Otukpo. Benue State; Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu; Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia State; West Coast University, Umuahia; Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State; Volta University College, Aba, Abia State; Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University; and L.I.F.E Leadership University, Benin City, Edo State.

The NUC said anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of the listed illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nuc-lists-58-illegal-degree-awarding-varsities-in-nigeria/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Antoeni(m): 4:14am On Jan 05
A Man Who Doesn't Read Has No.Advantage Over a Man Who Cannot Read

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by TopBanter: 4:25am On Jan 05
Any means a man can device and use to regress himself and his society, Nigerians will always discover it thinking he is being ‘smart’.

Who are we destroying if not ourselves with all these substandard Mushroom University operating from even the bedrooms of individuals in Nigeria?

Today, I would imagine a Nigerian graduate may be one of the most unemployable in the world because of the poor sub-standard level of education he possesses.

Totally unfit to be used as intended by serious employers. Like having a bicycle with square wheels.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Johnbullthe3rd: 5:39am On Jan 05
Tinubu left the WhatsApp Group.

Atiku is Typing….

8 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by smokinloud(m): 5:40am On Jan 05
Mago mago too much for this country

17 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by jhydebaba(m): 5:40am On Jan 05
Rather late than never. Thanks to the investigative journalist. We need to be more proactive than been reactive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by adecz: 5:40am On Jan 05
So, na young journalist boy make
tertiary education system to wake up
to their responsibilities❗️❗️❗️

17 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by iCauseTrouble: 5:41am On Jan 05
grin
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Joesno(m): 5:41am On Jan 05
Na una sabi, as long as my alma mata nr dy among
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by donleo92(m): 5:41am On Jan 05
But wait ooooh..

I still blame the students for even patronizing this kind of university. these are muchroom university that can close anytime soon. I would gladly attend a federal government polytechnic than attend this can of university.

8 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:42am On Jan 05
Well... Even the so-called original ones that we attended, how many of the certificates were valued out here? We're still mostly jobless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by torera12345678: 5:42am On Jan 05
God help us
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by callmevirus(m): 5:44am On Jan 05
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Mosba: 5:49am On Jan 05
As I was reading, I was using part of my mind pray for Atiku's University of America and my prayers were answered, it's not on the list YET.
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by ganye1: 5:53am On Jan 05
The list is not complete without African Thinkers Community of Enquiry campus Operating in Ganye Adamawa State. It is said to be affiliated to Enugu State University of Science and Technology. It operates in a secondary school.

1 Like

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Bluezy13(m): 6:02am On Jan 05
Universities that have been existing for over a decade...

Some of these universities made the illegal list due to failure to renew their licence or one minor stuff or the other of which they'll still be declassified as illegal when clear their names.

5 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Hajokexyz: 6:04am On Jan 05
So many illegal operating universities yet FG keeps approving more more .
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by tutudesz: 6:04am On Jan 05
So NUC was aware of this university and no wan close Dem down undecided
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by stanliwise(m): 6:08am On Jan 05
Mosba:
As I was reading, I was using part of my mind pray for Atiku's University of America and my prayers were answered, it's not on the list YET.
lolz
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by opalu: 6:11am On Jan 05
Fire brigade approach
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 6:12am On Jan 05
Mosba:
Impossible. If that happened to his University, I bet UNILAG will also go.
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by warlordd(m): 6:21am On Jan 05
Since they knew they were illegal, why did NUC allow some of these schools to operate for so long? Infact, our govt is useless.

1 Like

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Oseone1: 6:26am On Jan 05
CHICAGO nko, una no go banned am?
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by emmyN(m): 6:37am On Jan 05
OP, what would it cost you to properly format the list so it's readable?

3 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by SavageMaster: 6:54am On Jan 05
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by ehikwe22: 6:55am On Jan 05
I no see the Lagos universities selling degrees for 3 millions

2 Likes

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Jogs1900: 6:59am On Jan 05
Richmond university still dey?I heard of this university first in 2012 and heard they closed it down sometimes in 2015.
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by Putinofrussia: 7:11am On Jan 05
Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by membranus: 7:12am On Jan 05
As below:

Re: NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:16am On Jan 05
bible skools plenty 4 inside oo!

Dear NL pastor, d gospel is facing one kyne tribulation oo!

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status / ASUU Receives Full Salaries For November And Arrears Withheld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.