Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? (2056 Views)

SOLD! Bought Brand New Honda City '08 @1.250m / »»» Brand New Honda HRV 022 @ N11.9M Negotiable ««« / Why Is Corolla Overpriced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 5:24pm On Jan 05
Second time in a week I'll be seeing the Toyota Corolla loose guard on motion like this

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 5:25pm On Jan 05
So much for the famed reliability

6 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by Ireportlive: 5:30pm On Jan 05
Strange things happening

I have never in my life seen a Corrola breakdown on the road

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 5:31pm On Jan 05
Ireportlive:
Strange things happening

I have never in my life seen a Corrola breakdown on the road
Last one I saw a week ago was a 2015 Corolla with broken wheels

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by westlius(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05
Fake parts
And our brothers is responsible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 5:51pm On Jan 05
westlius:
Fake parts
And our brothers is responsible
Can you be more specific?
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by budaatum: 6:36pm On Jan 05
searchng4love:

Can you be more specific?

Explain that you need to maintain the "famed reliability" instead of expecting it to just last forever?

We Naija people are very funny. Only we would expect an inadequately maintained 10 year old plus vehicle with subpar parts to have "famed reliability" on our jagajaga roads.

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 6:59pm On Jan 05
budaatum:

Explain that you need to maintain the "famed reliability" instead of expecting it to just last forever?

We Naija people are very funny. Only we would expect an inadequately maintained 10 year old plus vehicle with subpar parts to have "famed reliability" on our jagajaga roads.
Just like the Honda Accord

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by alpharoyalty: 7:16pm On Jan 05
Quack mechanic and fake/refurbished spare parts are to be blamed.

6 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 8:28pm On Jan 05
alpharoyalty:
Quack mechanic and fake/refurbished spare parts are to be blamed.
Same setup behind the CNG conversion in Nigeria
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05
Normal levels naa.... Been seein Toyota breaking down back to back recently

3 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by Onyeka90210(m): 9:55pm On Jan 05
Any car can loose guard due to lack of maintenance, the Only difference between Toyota and Honda with respect to maintenance is that Toyota can take more abuse before loosing guard.
That’s why Nigerians prefer Toyota.
That’s all.

6 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by Timagex(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05
The Corrola weh go soon become 10 million..

😂😁

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by id4sho(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05
I saw Peugeot 504, I couldn't believe my eyes shocked
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by Angrigowt: 1:53am On Jan 06
Any car can have balk joint failure. I've seen tacoma,4runner,lexus es350,camry big daddy,lexus is250,rav4...all had ball joint failure. Most na bad roads dey cause am.esp pot holes

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 2:56am On Jan 06
Angrigowt:
Any car can have balk joint failure. I've seen tacoma,4runner,lexus es350,camry big daddy,lexus is250,rav4...all had ball joint failure. Most na bad roads dey cause am.esp pot holes
All Toyota
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by NwaliE01: 4:12am On Jan 06
searchng4love:

Just like the Honda Accord

I have never seen Honda leg pulled abroad or are we having a different Honda in Africa?
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by madscientist88(m): 5:04am On Jan 06
thats an old car looks 2005 -2006 we are in 2024 ,when things like this happens it means the car has done 200k mileage which is its life expectancy.im no fan of toyota tho and honda engines are great.

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by culkid: 11:10am On Jan 06
searchng4love:
So much for the famed reliability

That is a 15 year old car with probably more than 300k kilometers on it’s odometer. No car beats Toyota when it comes to reliability and easy maintenance.
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by searchng4love: 11:12am On Jan 06
culkid:

That is a 15 year old car with probably more than 300k kilometers on it’s odometer. No car beats Toyota when it comes to reliability and easy maintenance.

I don't know. My E class is older it's yet to loose guard like this boxes

My Honda Civic of same age is not loose guarding like this overpriced box
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by culkid: 11:18am On Jan 06
NwaliE01:

I have never seen Honda leg pulled abroad or are we having a different Honda in Africa?

It is a combination of very bad roads, used/inferior car parts and of course the quack mechanics.
Re: Is Corolla Becoming The New Honda Accord? by NwaliE01: 2:15pm On Jan 06
culkid:

It is a combination of very bad roads, used/inferior car parts and of course the quack mechanics.
I agree with you 💯%

(1) (Reply)

Looking For End Of Discussion 2004/2005 / I Have 450,000k I Need A Honda Accord(halla)NAIJA USED / Strictly For Gbogbo Bigz Boys & Galz.... 07 Audi A8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.