Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! (223 Views)

Where to ReFill AC Gas Cheap in Abuja / Sea Gold Car Battery 75ahm For Sale Now 07062764235 / My Car Often Stalls Especially After Gas Refill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! by DZTech: 5:41pm On Jan 06
The acid level is low on the SLA (sealed lead acid) battery and I need to add distilled water.
How do I do so? Cos apart from the indicator well that unscrews (see pictures), there's no way to open the cells.
Gurus in the house, kindly help.
Mods, any ideas?
God bless 🇳🇬

modified-
I can't upload pics. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! by Aonkuuse(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06
Just go to a battery repairer/charger, he knows what to do..... He will Manually make holes on top of the battery and fill the acid, they also have covers to cover the hole after everything. They will then charge it. That's all.
Re: Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! by DZTech: 6:54pm On Jan 06
Aonkuuse:
Just go to a battery repairer/charger, he knows what to do..... He will Manually make holes on top of the battery and fill the acid, they also have covers to cover the hole after everything. They will then charge it. That's all.
hmm...
I've had bad experiences with these battery chargers o...
several damaged batteries.
I think they don't have chargee regulators for their devices.
Re: Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! by Aonkuuse(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06
Yeah that's true but just look around,
I believe you will see a good one... Although acid refilling is not a guarantee that the battery will come back to normal because sometimes the cells will be weak... Just look for a good one around.
DZTech:
hmm...
I've had bad experiences with these battery chargers o...
several damaged batteries.
I think they don't have chargee regulators for their devices.
Re: Help! How Do I Refill My Sealed Car Battery?! by DZTech: 1:07am On Jan 07
Aonkuuse:
Yeah that's true but just look around,
I believe you will see a good one... Although acid refilling is not a guarantee that the battery will come back to normal because sometimes the cells will be weak... Just look for a good one around.
how does one know the good ones tho?

(1) (Reply)

Toks Toyota Camry 2013 / 2015 Nissan Almera Bought Brand New All Documents are Available @3.2m. / Very Clean Toyota Avalon 2008 3.750m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.