Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,243 members, 7,846,143 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Abrahamovich Was A College Dropout And Mechanic. There Is Hope! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abrahamovich Was A College Dropout And Mechanic. There Is Hope! (834 Views)

The College Dropout Billionaire Who’s Revolutionizing Medicine / Meet The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire, A College Dropout And Medical Geni / From university dropout to ICT millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abrahamovich Was A College Dropout And Mechanic. There Is Hope! by scribble: 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
Roman Abrahamovich owner of Chelsea FC, and multi billionaire in dollars, euro and sterling was a college dropout. He started work as a mechanic.

Chei see humble beginnings o.

We’ve taken a few key passages from Ambramovich’s witness statement that show his rise to power.
Humble Beginnings

“I am a Russian citizen, residing in Russia. I was born in Saratov in the former USSR, as it then was. I lost both parents at at a young age and was brought up by relatives, initially in the Komi Republic and then later in Moscow. I consider Moscow as my motherland.”
An Education Halted By Military Service

“After graduating from high school, I was admitted to the Industrial Institute of Ukhta in the city of Ukhta. During my studies there, I was drafted into the army and returned to school upon discharge; however, I never graduated and went into business in 1987.”
The Beginnings Of An Empire

“My business career began in 1987, when I was employed as a mechanic in the construction office No. 122 of Mosspetmonstazh. It was at the time that the Soviet government under Mr. Mikhail Gorbachev announced the start of “perestroika”, allowing for the establishment of small businesses known as “Co-operatives”.”

“I was one of the country’s early entrepreneurs, serving from 1989 through 1991 as chairman of the cooperative “Uyat [Comford]“, which specialized in the manufacture of plastic toys for children.”
Ambramovich’s Current Business Interests

“Business-wise, I am a portfolio investor at the moment, and also pay considerable attention to athletic and charitable projects and support artistic causes. Inspired by my love of football, after acquiring Chelsea Football Club in 2003, I established in 2004 the National Academy of Football (“NAF”), a foundation that seeked to help promote football among children.
He Explains His Discomfort With The Court Case

“The claims in these proceedings have virtually no connection with England. I instructed my lawyers not to challenge the jurisdiction of the English courts in this case because Mr Berezovsky had been granted refugee status in the UK, having been convicted of defrauding money from he Russian company Aeroflot.

“My understanding was that it would not have been practically possible in those circumstances for him to bring the proceedings in Russia or attend to give witness evidence at any trial that took place there.”
On His Relationship With Berezovsky

“Mr. Berezovsky has said that there was a time when I was his trusted and close business colleague. With the benefit of hindsight, I hesitate to call him a former close “friend” although I felt a strong emotional bond to him and I had previously always respected him.”

“For the reasons I explain below, our relationship may not qualify as friendship or regular business association. He did not regard me as an equal. Our relationship was a peculiarly Russian relationship typical for a Russia’s post-communist history. The Russian word to describe the nature of his relationship with me is “krysha [roof]“ A person providing krysha to another man was a person who acted as his protector. Kryshna could take the form of political or physical protection.”

On Doing Business In Russia In The 1990s

“It was not possible to achieve [my business interests] in Russia at that time without the help of a person who had the appropriate political connections.

“Additionally, it was also necessary at that time to have “physical” protection as anyone having access to businesses capable of generating strong cash-flows was vulnerable to criminal interference, including potential violence.”

you can read the rest of it here, i don tire to copy and paste

http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/11/03/roman-abramovichs-london-case-with-berezovskyh/
Re: Abrahamovich Was A College Dropout And Mechanic. There Is Hope! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
It's an open secret that acquiring a college degree will not make you rich.

If you also intend to work for somebody all your life, forget about being rich.

(1) (Reply)

Need Safety Boots / I Need Live Reviews About Accentforex / Financial Assistance In A Convenient Manner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.