Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle (9626 Views)

NG Eagle Begins Flight Operations With Leased Aircraft / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Flight Disruptions Loom / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by opribo(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07
Stargangz:
What of Nigeria Air? grin grin
That is sai baba voodoo and nothing can happen case is closed forever.
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by youngrichnigga: 10:51pm On Jan 07
I alluded to this disregard of our officials earlier on when the news about the delayed baggage broke. I don't know why my comment on this was hidden by nairaland where I said why should the minister visit the Egypt Air operations manager in his office rather than summoning him with a query to explain reasons for that happening.
Trust me, nothing will come out of this and passengers won't get any compensation.
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by candygist: 11:08pm On Jan 07
tunjijones:
The way those airlines treat Nigerians with contempt. And most times nothing will happens.

Delay flights, flights of 8am and by 4pm you are still at the airport. Most times they do this with impunity. Flight scheduled for 11am will leave by 10am making several passengers miss the flight.. most times nothing happens.

Nigeria is filled with corruption and wickedness in every sector.

Bro I wokr in the aviation industry. NCAA is just making noise and telling stories. The airlines management will pay NCAA management off and the matter will continue. NCAA just dey do like say them dey work but then no dey work. Once the airlines bribe them. Case will close and passengers will keep suffering. Nigeria problem is not just the govt. We the citizens are too greedy and we don't love each other. We just want to make money by all means to go and drink beer, eat chicken, build houses, by cars, look rich, carry olosho, travel etc. Everyone Nigerian living and working in Nigerian no get love. I drop the mic

1 Like

Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by Originalsly: 1:45am On Jan 08
Should NCAA be threatening? ... or taking action? And we wonder why the airlines do what they do here .... but not in other countries.
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by Jamesclooney: 12:37pm On Jan 08
candygist:

Bro I wokr in the aviation industry. NCAA is just making noise and telling stories. The airlines management will pay NCAA management off and the matter will continue. NCAA just dey do like say them dey work but then no dey work. Once the airlines bribe them. Case will close and passengers will keep suffering. Nigeria problem is not just the govt. We the citizens are too greedy and we don't love each other. We just want to make money by all means to go and drink beer, eat chicken, build houses, by cars, look rich, carry olosho, travel etc. Everyone Nigerian living and working in Nigerian no get love. I drop the mic

Since you’re insider, can you give reasons why local flights are delayed daily? Same airline. Same route. Multiple hours delay. Every day. Why?
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by candygist: 8:57pm On Jan 08
Jamesclooney:

Since you’re insider, can you give reasons why local flights are delayed daily? Same airline. Same route. Multiple hours delay. Every day. Why?

Flight delays are not intentional. That's what's many passengers don't know. Just like your cars, aircraft develope issues without any signs or warning. Now for the safety of passengers, when a flight takes off and lands in its place of destination, before the aircraft takes off again, technical checks will be carried out by the engineers and if the engineers find any little issues, no matter how little the case may be, the passengers life can not be risked. So the engineers insure that everything is properly fixed before the flight takes off and if it can't be fixed the flight will be cancelled. In the aviation world, safety comes first.
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by Jamesclooney: 9:06pm On Jan 08
candygist:

Flight delays are not intentional. That's what's many passengers don't know. Just like your cars, aircraft develope issues without any signs or warning. Now for the safety of passengers, when a flight takes off and lands in its place of destination, before the aircraft takes off again, technical checks will be carried out by the engineers and if the engineers find any little issues, no matter how little the case may be, the passengers life can not be risked. So the engineers insure that everything is properly fixed before the flight takes off and if it can't be fixed the flight will be cancelled. In the aviation world, safety comes first.

Thanks for your response. Is it only Nigerian aviation that conducts checks per landing? What of Ghana, Rwanda and Ethiopia? Don’t their local flights also go through the rigors of these checks. Whatever it is, it doesn’t make sense. I also know the airports are inefficient in processing passengers amongst other things like VIP shutting down runways to fly private jets. I just wanted confirmation from an insider source, because it’s very embarrassing in 2024 the kind of massive delays Nigerian domestic flights experience.
Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by candygist: 11:08pm On Jan 08
Jamesclooney:

Thanks for your response. Is it only Nigerian aviation that conducts checks per landing? What of Ghana, Rwanda and Ethiopia? Don’t their local flights also go through the rigors of these checks. Whatever it is, it doesn’t make sense. I also know the airports are inefficient in processing passengers amongst other things like VIP shutting down runways to fly private jets. I just wanted confirmation from an insider source, because it’s very embarrassing in 2024 the kind of massive delays Nigerian domestic flights experience.

In the aspect of VIP shutting down runways, thata canr be possible. To fly or land dosnt take more than 10 mins. So what do you mean by shutting down runways ?
The only time flights are not allowed to land or take off for about 30 mins is when a president or a vice president is about to land or take off.

1 Like

Re: Flight Disruptions: NCAA Threatens To Sanction Egyptair, NG Eagle by BluntCrazeMan: 6:11am On Jan 13
ijustdey:

https://leadership.ng/flight-disruptions-ncaa-threatens-to-sanction-egyptair-ng-eagle/
Achimugu - Lion-Of-Jadda..

Now the Director kini-kan kini-kan..

Atiku no go like this news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ryanair Airline Booking In Nigeria / Uae Embassy In Lagos / Nigerians In Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.