Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,923 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Hopefully I Start - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hopefully I Start (81 Views)

High Stakes Let's Play, Hopefully We Win / I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? / Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hopefully I Start by MrCounselor: 10:48am On Jan 09
I am in the process of starting up a tech company with a colleague. Hopefully this is the year after so much distractions!
Immense funding would be needed but it is not my focus at this point as it could paralyse the process.
Tangible product must hit the ground before soliciting for funding.

I love this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2181066/tech-start-up-journey). I found it few minutes ago and will make it a part of my learning resources/guides.

I want to make this into a journal of our progress. I hope to finally get that enough discipline to see this through and update this thread as often as possible, with tangible progress only.
Re: Hopefully I Start by MrCounselor: 11:26am On Jan 09
The Beginning

In 2012 during my youth service, a colleague made mention of rendering just any service that fetches you a mere N1 from every Nigerian and in turn fetches them even more value as well. At that time, I just watched "The Social Network" movie which inspired me to begin learning to code (I was not fully into programming until years later). No, he did not describe anything in particular - he was only thinking out loud. I keyed into that thought-process as I do not fancy going into any 9-5 job after NYSC.

However, before the end of my NYSC I had coded the hundreds of static HTML pages comprising of Nigeria States and Local Government areas before I realised I could use achieve dynamic pages with proper backend languages. I actually packaged what I had then and visited many target companies in the state capital and suburbs but I had limited time and my solution was sub-par. I was an amateur coder! I'd wanted to pay to learn but the dude who could teach was charging crazy amount to teach.
Re: Hopefully I Start by MrCounselor: 11:27am On Jan 09
The Idea

A variation and more encompassing version of my initial idea stick to my memory through the years and has matured even more with experience in different fields and all. I wrote a rough prototype as far back as 2019 but work and other distractions took over.

At this time, I am willing to dedicate everything (time, skills, finance) within the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2024 to the technical progress of this start-up. I have always had it at the back of my mind that I'm going to create something of value (hopefully it turns great).
Re: Hopefully I Start by MrCounselor: 11:39am On Jan 09
Co-founder

I have an even more technical friend who has agreed to work on this with me as a co-founder, a worthy CTO! We have been good friends for years and both started tech journey together from the scratch. I hope we can weather the storms together and make good on this journey. This would test and grill us in so many ways, but I believe we can achieve success.

Like @1k001 stated, "...but the general trend i find from my reading is the recommendation that founders be friends(ly) prior to founding the venture"

(1) (Reply)

Be Serious This Year 2024 Like Mr. Sunday... / Banks Push Nigeria’s Stock To World’s Second Best-performing Spot In 2024 / Help With Reference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.