Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

My Experience At Work Today - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience At Work Today (14589 Views)

How Did You Get To Work today as a result of the removal of subsidy? / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:42pm On Jan 10
Emma1Oj:
These could be any of the reasons

1. They sees you as threat to their job
2. Them no like your presence in that office
3. Maybe they are jealous of you
4. Maybe your I too know to much
5. Maybe your excuses is becoming too much.
6. Maybe Oga wan use connection fill the post.
7. Your supervisor has confirmed negative things about you to the boss.
8. If na, ndi ofe ma nu? Don't bother, na their ways. Gossip, eyes service, runs in their blood.

In all, dust your CV and keep applying. You go get job.
I suspect the bolded, some of these people are from the pit of hell. He or she could have told the main boss something else
Re: My Experience At Work Today by pek(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10
captaininiobong:

Move ahead. If you appeal for an excuse, don't beg another job is coming. Keep searching.

It's only in Nigeria we don't value human life. I once thought taught in a school and it was about time for exams where students won't be doing much again. I took permission because I was seriously I'll on malaria which use to be my worst illness.

My HOD was like am I sure I'm sick? Then I was like, will I lie to you of an illness?

If it's some advance places they use to have medical center that will take care of you.i wish you a better job.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:44pm On Jan 10
E be like say u never see crazy bosses. All these na story for people like that
westlius:
Next time pls send a text
And tell them your parents is sick
U are the one who takes care of them
Thats works better
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:48pm On Jan 10
You need no one to tell you that person you quoted is definitely one of those demons tormenting others at their workplaces.
remiopash:

That is wrong.Chest pain is a medical emergency ,in a sane clime. What about if anything happens to him before he got to work ? The same people would blame him knowing full well that ,he wont be there to defend himself.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:50pm On Jan 10
Some do, although not common
Sermwell:

So you think a company that fired him just like that will call to beg? Dey play
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:51pm On Jan 10
Seriously, that employer supposed to be sued
Angelfrost:
Laying you off was wrong.

They've probably been looking for an excuse to do that.

This is why I talk about the glaring absence of enforceable Labor Laws to protect workers in public and private sectors of this nation.

No employer will try such nonsense abroad...!

Nigeria is such a lawless country!
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:53pm On Jan 10
What's the difference between that person you quoted and your boss? Learn to pass next time
flakkypastries:

It wasn't easy, I couldn't manage myself to work, I was unable to sleep throughout the night.
I might collapse at work
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Angelfrost(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10
sherylbaky:
Seriously, that employer supposed to be sued

Most Nigerian employers behave like that... Like emperors and dictators.

They believe an average Nigerian is too poor or downtrodden to sue.

The next best option is to deal with them via social media... Unfortunately, they will wreck the person with lawsuits.

What a country!!!

Strong labor laws would put an end to such wanton acts of victimization.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by studycenter: 12:54pm On Jan 10
Next time, manage to report at work first (if it's not that bad). Then take permission. The system we have here in Nigeria is messed up.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rhozabeth(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10
God wanted to remove you from bondage, thats why you lost that job! You fohrear ween if you had continued that job!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:59pm On Jan 10
nedekid:
I do not think the whole story has been told. Hear from the companies side before making comments.
You obviously do not know what these startups could turn out to be
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Patented: 1:01pm On Jan 10
what does your contract say about termination without notice as they have just done?
flakkypastries:
I got a job with a small micro finance company some months back.
And I have been doing my job effectively without any complain

I notice I was having chest pain throughout Sunday, so I had to call my supervisor that I will be late to work on Monday morning because I needed to visit the doctor...
I'm not the type that take permission from work
I was at the hospital when my supervisor called me that the manager said I shouldn't bother to come to work again on that day , I thought maybe they wanted me to rest

Lo and behold, I got to work this morning, my boss said I should handover all the companies properties with me that I have been relief of my job.
I pleaded to him but he wouldn't listen to my pleas

Thank God he paid me January salary and gave me 3 rubbers of rice.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by WhereMyLoud: 1:22pm On Jan 10
captaininiobong:

Move ahead. If you appeal for an excuse, don't beg another job is coming. Keep searching.

It's only in Nigeria we don't value human life. I once thought in a school and it was about time for exams where students won't be doing much again. I took permission because I was seriously I'll on malaria which use to be my worst illness.

My HOD was like am I sure I'm sick? Then I was like, will I lie to you of an illness?

If it's some advance places they use to have medical center that will take care of you.i wish you a better job.
From your write up i thank God you quit teaching. My worry is that i hope it wasn't ENGLISH Language you were "thoughting" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10
westlius:
Next time pls send a text
And tell them your parents is sick
U are the one who takes care of them
Thats works better

They'll still relieve him of his work and can even tell him to face his ailing parents... No b Nigeria we dey
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Houseontherock1: 1:29pm On Jan 10
Queenmark:

I feel there is more to this story than what you are sharing. No organization especially microfiance is willing to let go of a hardworking staff because one day absence.
No employee protection in Nigeria - they fire and hire at will
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rejouir: 1:39pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

I notice I was having chest pain throughout Sunday, so I had to call my supervisor that I will be late to work on Monday morning because I needed to visit the doctor...
I was at the hospital when my supervisor called me that the manager said I shouldn't bother to come to work again on that day , I thought maybe they wanted me to rest

Lo and behold, I got to work this morning, my boss said I should handover all the companies properties with me that I have been relief of my job.

This mumu is happy he atleast got 3 rubbers of rice, and January salary.

I see why, when it comes to election you all brain begin to malfunction. Terrible suffering.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by flakkypastries: 1:44pm On Jan 10
Rejouir:

I see why, when it comes to election you all brain begin to malfunction. Terrible suffering.

What if he had not paid anything for January?
You expect me to be sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rejouir: 1:47pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

You expect me to be sad
there are things you don't talk about as a compensation, anyways probably your life experiences made you see 3 rubbers of rice and January salary as a benefit.

This is just a clear indication, that people are really suffering in this country. So sad to even read.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 1:53pm On Jan 10
Rejouir:

It's not that deep oga
Re: My Experience At Work Today by ekelebeXstunner: 2:24pm On Jan 10
Whatever you do, don’t frequent Nairaland. This place is a waste of time.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by thatigboman: 2:26pm On Jan 10
omolola100:

I'm not surprised
Issue like this happened where I work, there is a woman who has been having miscarriage due to stress, she had miscarriage twice , and when she got pregnant again, she took permission to see the doctor and they told her to rest for two days, when she came back to school the Proprietor sacked her without even paying her..the most funniest part of it is that there is no replacement yet for her
that's the issue working with 1 man organisations.
In my organisation, a woman had miscarriage and when she took in again, she was given 9 months bed rest. And she delivered twins - a boy and a girl. And is back to work. Our organisation can even give a woman 4 years leave of absence if her husband win election and renew it for another 4 years if the man win re-election. Same for a man whose wife wins election.
There was a day I called in sick, went to the hospital was asked to take 1 week bed rest. After 1 week, I was told to take another week. My office people had to come and check on me if I was truly sick. After 2 weeks I resumed when I was fully recovered and work goes on. How will u punish someone for being sick?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by thatigboman: 2:34pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

You expect me to be sad
I feel for u. So sad u lost your job due to illness.
And u can't even seek redress. The microfinance company will just find one allegation and lay on you.
Monday and Friday are not good days to call in sick. If it had like on Tuesday or Wednesday and u are at work and complain and take permission there to go to the hospital, I believe they would not have sacked you.
Look for another job, another micro finance or a bank. If you get the ones that have HMO, the better.
All d best.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by easzypeaszy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10
captaininiobong:

It's only in Nigeria we don't value human life. I once thought in a school and it was about time for exams where students won't be doing much again. I took permission because I was seriously I'll on malaria which use to be my worst illness.

same ppl like Kuda will go n gv sombdy 2M, meanwhile der workers are suffering everyday n dey knew n see it

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by OvertheTop(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Experience At Work Today by LagosSuperStar: 4:19pm On Jan 10
captaininiobong:

Is this how you adress issues by calling people you don't know before as stupid? It only tells me your level of maturity/responsibleness. You are not responsible at all.

YOU ARE STUPID
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rejouir: 5:40pm On Jan 10
sherylbaky:
It's not that deep oga
why would it, when someone pays your bills.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Obierika(m): 7:12am On Jan 11
sherylbaky:
You obviously do not know what these startups could turn out to be

Where did he sat it's a start up business?!
Re: My Experience At Work Today by captaininiobong(m): 2:08pm On Jan 11
easzypeaszy:
same ppl like Kuda will go n gv sombdy 2M, meanwhile der workers are suffering everyday n dey knew n see it

It's marketing strategy na.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by captaininiobong(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11
LagosSuperStar:

YOU ARE STUPID

You don't have any level wiseup.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by DonroxyII: 1:31pm On Jan 20
flakkypastries:

Humanities must be Injected into Capitalism if not ... we shall destroy ourselves with mere "Profit-Oriented" Courses!
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Daviestunech(m): 11:43pm On Jan 20
sherylbaky:
I suspect the bolded, some of these people are from the pit of hell. He or she could have told the main boss something else

That same no 7 u bolded is also wat happened to me that I lost my well paying job last week Friday..

Despite she even requested i got promoted ND my salary being increased .

Would have share my story but I'm kinda feel lazy to type right now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Write A Resume That Gets You Hired: 6 Common Resume Mistakes To Avoid / President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.