Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47038 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by egorov(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

Highly ridiculous. My wife spent about 300k, and she got most basic things the baby needed. My baby is now 6months and we still use some of those things.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by XOGBADO(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11
bigiyaro:
after spending 400k on baby things, nothing else is coming later, except the medical bills. Even pampers for the first 1 months is covered.

It's really pathetic
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by gudugudumeje: 8:01pm On Jan 11
@larryUG - I believe you must be out of ur mind to guess a N1million would be what a firs/ baby care set should be for. Obviously you mean to destroy the future for upcoming young couples. And humanity will never forgive you. Nor would you ever stop having recompense and nemesis paying you and your children's children.

Except you repent, you will reap inhumanity.....

As for the one being extorted by his mother-in-law and his wife, you must stupid to keep mute in the face of such tyranny and extortion....

Stop giving them money. Go to the market and ask the baby product market seller to stuff you average list. Or, a nearby maternity... And give it to her on near D-Day..... Protocol to extortion unbreached.... Then after that baby stop having baby from her.... Period.... Or else, you would fall for remote control and when you are finished you will be deserted and left to rot away....
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 8:02pm On Jan 11
Manuella4ace:

I bought both from jumia, once you put my son there he'll wake up.

Baby bed is just waste of money. They never sleep on it. My baby prefers the main bedroom which is big enough to accommodate all of us to her baby bed.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by olusamuel01: 8:03pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

You’re a really bad listener. I feel like you just went to talk so that you can be heard. Someone said they spent 400k without buying the basic things the baby needs. Keyword “BASIC

I had my baby in June 2023 and spent 400k too on baby things. We bought way more than basic things. In fact we’re still using most of them till now including clothes:

The wife is either simply wasteful or just siphoning money from her husband

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by egorov(m): 8:04pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.

I didn't want to reply that guy.manual breast pump is 6-8k. Electric is 12-25k.

She stopped using the breast pump at 4months, waste.
Baby rocker was 40k, my baby doesn't even like the rocker. That one dey there.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by albert2512: 8:07pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

If you like, you can spend as much as you wish on baby things, like your case, you can decide to buy gold plated baby bed if you wish but we are talking about basic things and 400k is more than enough. We bought breast pump(12k(check Jumia)) which we never used till date.

Even 150-200k can even work for some people.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Akalia(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.
Don't mind the pedantic fellow. Going by his submission it would seem as though preparing to welcome a baby is only meant for the rich.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Simonsmg: 8:09pm On Jan 11
It won’t be bad idea if you go to the market with your wife next time ! She’s your wife .
A Good Samaritan should help , final yr university student, have been the one training myself singlehandedly, my condition is very bad at the moment, no food stuffs nothing! Surviving by God’s grace 🙇🙇🙇 2060152871 nothing in small pls , God bless you 🙏
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Oyithemilkman2: 8:09pm On Jan 11
You have to step in and assert your authority unless you have excess money to throw around.
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by BodyCount: 8:10pm On Jan 11
1Sharon:
You can buy the baby things yourself since you know better. She doesn't have to buy them.
Or deh
Coming from some they're still feeding...
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by vatiqan(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11
Your mother in law is very wicked. My own dry fear me like plague! Just confront both of them
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Hezmatosky: 8:13pm On Jan 11
Hmmm you haven't seen anything. Na everyday i dey thank God say i don hang boot grin
In the first place, you have fault. Your first child, you supposed to be more active in running the whole parol. You were given list when you register in the hospital abi? This for the baby, things for the mother shey? And things to be used in the hospital ba? Now see your fault here. You should be closer to your wife at this time more than anyone. Na both of you suppose dey run the package of buying things for the baby, the one you buy you mark, that's the joy there o.
Maybe you be Yahoo guy wey no dey stay house, because i wonder wetin her mother dey do for your house when your wife never put to bed. Anyway just focus, leave them. Even the drinks wey you go buy for bobos las las pass the money grin
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Kdgal(f): 8:13pm On Jan 11
Make her write a list of what is remaining to be bought. Then take from there either to give her the money for it or you go with her.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by stevups(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

That mom will scatter your marriage if care is not taken. Active your fighting spirit
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ibrahim55(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11
Request for the list of items needed…buy them your self don’t give her any more money to buy items her self your wife and her mum are definitely diverting the money for some other things
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You don't need any baby bed, they grow so fast.
Some of the other things can come later.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Afedotcom(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11
No gree for anybody.. cheesy
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by otokx(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11
PastorOku:

Baby bed is just waste of money. They never sleep on it. My baby prefers the main bedroom which is big enough to accommodate all of us to her baby bed.

Wish I was told this earlier, it is just a waste.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by tallfish145(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
shut up. Babaolowo
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Aplaudez(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11
EriMma1:
400k for baby things shocked. Even if she's buying designer wears and bottles 🍼 she won't spend more than 20k.

If I take her to mother care at balogun market she'll buy enough quality baby stuff and even some for herself and still bring back enough change. My brother forget Dem don use you cash out. Wetin?

Now, why buy baby drawer when you already have. Tell her to return it and use the to buy the remaining things. Abi you dey fear her?

How can somebody be wasting money in this kind of economy you come home here dey talk small small.

Too bad if her Mom is actually aiding her in such dubious venture.

You seems to know a lot about Balogun market, I work in tradefair can we meet ?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Acidosis(m): 8:30pm On Jan 11
Esthered:

You ehn. Investigator extraordinaire. You dey dere?
The thing is when women go baby shopping and they're not the ones responsible for the funds, it becomes a shopping spree.

No mind me 🤭

I know right. He needs to open up to his wife about the state of his finance.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Prince202020(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11
Omo na me and my wife follow go market o, she is also due this month, 150k was enough to get almost all neccessary items including hospital items, clothes wan full one rice bag (including first grade oks and ready made). So 400k is more than enough.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Focusmind: 8:39pm On Jan 11
I didn't even spend up to 20k during my own first child. We got all children's things during my wedding. Lots of baby gifts ranging from bed, sets of feeding bottles, cartons of pampers, baby carseater, Player and bicycles. After the birth, those coming to see the new born came with Lots of things. I was at the peak of my banking career then, so office people came with their own loads of baby things, friends, alma matre, church societies and town union. At least, I visited those before me to present gifts to them , so, most came to repay back the gifts I gave them during their's .

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by HopeSpencer: 8:46pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You mean those that don't even have what they will eat next week are not giving birth? Be deceiving yourself.

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:48pm On Jan 11
It's funny how although I'm not married nor expecting, I diligently read through the thread and have learnt a lot about the do's and don'ts of baby shopping, alongside important things to get and things to forgo

Seun, thanks for bringing Nairaland back

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by KillahPriest: 8:49pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

you're the man of the house, the moment you show any sign of fear that is when women will use you and do mugu. Ask your wife in the presence of her mother what happened to the money you gave her for shopping or if she thinks you're an armed robber abi yahoo boy. Tell her you're not bringing out one single naira again so if she knows where she hid the money you gave her, she should bring it out then walk out without waiting for explanations from any of them
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Ashirioluwa: 8:50pm On Jan 11
Don't allow your mother-in-law to take control of your household; you won't like the end result if you do.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Pweetyccee(f): 8:53pm On Jan 11
Your wife and her mum are wicked and greedy. Pls go and get those things your self
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by saphiere(f): 8:53pm On Jan 11
XOGBADO:
Your wife and her mother are definitely playing a fast one on you. 400k in this economy should be enough to buy basic things, the rest can come later.
Wow! The economy is so friendly even 50 naira is enough
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by maasoap(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11
ppogba:
You did not provide enough details.

Kindly state your home address so that Nairaland eldes council can send a delegation.

I wonder the type of topics you people bring to this forum.

What type of topics would you like people to bring to this forum?
Na by force to click on the threads you don't like? Hypocrite
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Esthered: 8:55pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:

No mind me 🤭

I know right. He needs to open up to his wife about the state of his finance.
Apt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) / Guys Can You Do This? (photos) / My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.