Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Help Me With Land Measurement Please - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me With Land Measurement Please (196 Views)

Units Of Land Measurement In Nigeria / Let's Talk About Land Measurement And Sizes In Nigeria / Understanding Land Sizes & Measurement In Nigeria Real Estate Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Land Measurement Please by concho(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11
I have this piece of land I want to sell please .

The four sides are unequal. They said the correct measurement for a plot here is 50ft by 100ft . In this case , it can’t be determined easily since the widths and the lengths are not equal

How do I measure how many plots that is in this piece of land please??
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by jmoore(m): 9:02pm On Jan 11
concho:

The four sides are unequal. They said the correct measurement for a plot here is 50ft by 100ft . In this case , it can’t be determined easily since the widths and the lengths are not equal

Measure all sides na.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by Chicagograduate(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11
Tape
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by Mrdellychy: 10:31pm On Jan 11
concho:

I will teach you here but you must send my consultancy fee after selling the land wink .This is the way to go about it. It's a simple arithmetic that you will apply. You will need to compare and contrast the area (the space under the given piece of a Land) of the standard plot of land in your locality to the area of your own land.
You said a standard plot in your locality is 100 by 50 ft. So the standard area= length x breadth=100ftx50ft= 5,000 square feet .

But you said your all the sides of your land are not equal thus, your land is not rectangular in shape, so you can not [/b]use the above formula to arrive at the total area of your land.
I can view your land as a [b]trapezium
(an unequal 4 sided shape) check the attached rough sketch.

So we are going to use the formula of the area of trapezium to find the area of your land. Here we go...
Area= [(a+b) h] ÷2
a and b are the two major sides of your land and...
h is the straight distance/gap between them.
1* Use you tape, You will first measure the two major sides(a and b) in feet and add them together.
2* Measure the straight gap (h) between them, then use this h you got to multiply the addition you got in 1* above. Note the result after the multiplication.
3* divide the result by 2. Your final result is the area of your land in feet squared.

Let's do the real maths... assuming the measurements below are all in feet.
a=130
b=150
h=100

Area of your land= (130 +150) x 100, let's solve this first b4 dividing by 2...

280x100=28,000 , now divide by 2 according to the formula above

28000÷2= 14,000 square feet.

14, 000 is the total area of the plot of your land .

Lastly compare and contrast this value to the standard value of a plot in your location.
If the standard area of plot in your location is 5,000 Sq ft, and comparing it with your land space of 14,000sq ft, this implies that u can get roughly 3 standard plots of land from your land.

N.B
Standard size of a plot of land varies from one location to another. In Lagos/Ogun, its usually 120ft by 60ft, meaning that their standard area is 120x60= 7,200 Sq ft

Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by Mrdellychy: 7:25am On Jan 12
concho:

If your land do not conform to the above shape, you can give a rough sketch of the land and let's look at it from another dimension.
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by concho(m): 9:37am On Jan 12
Mrdellychy:

I will teach you here but you must send my consultancy fee after selling the land wink .This is the way to go about it. It's a simple arithmetic that you will apply. You will need to compare and contrast the area (the space under the given piece of a Land) of the standard plot of land in your locality to the area of your own land.
You said a standard plot in your locality is 100 by 50 ft. So the standard area= length x breadth=100ftx50ft= 5,000 square feet .

But you said your all the sides of your land are not equal thus, your land is not rectangular in shape, so you can not [/b]use the above formula to arrive at the total area of your land.
I can view your land as a [b]trapezium
(an unequal 4 sided shape) check the attached rough sketch.

So we are going to use the formula of the area of trapezium to find the area of your land. Here we go...
Area= [(a+b) h] ÷2
a and b are the two major sides of your land and...
h is the straight distance/gap between them.
1* Use you tape, You will first measure the two major sides(a and b) in feet and add them together.
2* Measure the straight gap (h) between them, then use this h you got to multiply the addition you got in 1* above. Note the result after the multiplication.
3* divide the result by 2. Your final result is the area of your land in feet squared.

Let's do the real maths... assuming the measurements below are all in feet.
a=130
b=150
h=100

Area of your land= (130 +150) x 100, let's solve this first b4 dividing by 2...

280x100=28,000 , now divide by 2 according to the formula above

28000÷2= 14,000 square feet.

14, 000 is the total area of the plot of your land .

Lastly compare and contrast this value to the standard value of a plot in your location.
If the standard area of plot in your location is 5,000 Sq ft, and comparing it with your land space of 14,000sq ft, this implies that u can get roughly 3 standard plots of land from your land.

N.B
Standard size of a plot of land varies from one location to another. In Lagos/Ogun, its usually 120ft by 60ft, meaning that their standard area is 120x60= 7,200 Sq ft

Thanks a lot bro . I used trapezium and got 2 plots .

I used area in square foot of two different rectangles and still got 2 plots

Thanks
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by Mrdellychy: 10:27am On Jan 12
concho:

Thanks

Glad to know the hint was helpful.
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by concho(m): 1:19pm On Jan 12
Mrdellychy:

Glad to know the hint was helpful.
I will buy you orijin when I sell
Re: Help Me With Land Measurement Please by oranget(m): 5:59pm On Feb 17
concho:

Thanks
You should have consulted a Surveyor to avoid any error.

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales - 4bedrooms Fully Detached Duplex / Office Space For Let @ Lagos Island. / Affordable Offer!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.