Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge (1245 Views)

Where In Nigeria Is Pank Shin? Truecaller App Keeps Giving That Location. / Help!! My Bb Shows Gsm Instead Of Edge. / Mtn Blackberry Plan Is Now N1000 A Month- instead of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by ayolinger(m): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
I use a BB 8520 and I recently switched to Glo from MTN; But my Network Status keeps dropping back to GSM instead of the Normal EDGE and this makes me experience some interruption in my browsing and i have complained to Glo CC but all i got is my complain has been forwarded and will be resolved in the next 48hrs; don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing although this is my first time of using Glo for BIS!; and if there is an alternative solution rather than me waiting for Glo CC that i feel are confused when i put the problem to them, Please don't hesitate to share abeg!.
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
Your problem may not be unique. GSM signals are susceptible to interference of all sorts maybe something has changed at your location. I used to get 3G signals before now its constantly on EDGE but when I am at my friends place I get full 3G.

Change location at see.
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by benzion72(m): 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
Glo service is at the lowest ebb now both internet services and BIS. It is like they do not have the capacity for the COmonth they introduced. I too tried it I have to abadon the package and go back to MTN
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by ayolinger(m): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
@Lord; I think its a Location problem, i went to their office and it worked fine there except for my browser and no that am back home, my BBM only work once in 20 minute and its really annoying am even thinking of switching back to MTN!,
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by ayolinger(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
benzion72:

Glo service is at the lowest ebb now both internet services and BIS. It is like they do not have the capacity for the COmonth they introduced. I too tried it I have to abadon the package and go back to MTN
Sure i think thats the best option; they really do not have the capacity and i have since noticed something as well, that the network work more in Lagos state region than Ogun and i stay at the outskirt of Lagos!, I just hope it work better before monday or i rather switch back to MTN!,
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by benzion72(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
Lagos is not different. I stayed in Ipaja side, I checked in Ikeja, even on the island the comonth is rubbish. I don't know of other package but even the 200MB my wife is using that will expire 11th of this month is still there because of the frustrating experience
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by ayolinger(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
benzion72:

Lagos is not different. I stayed in Ipaja side, I checked in Ikeja, even on the island the comonth is rubbish. I don't know of other package but even the 200MB my wife is using that will expire 11th of this month is still there because of the frustrating experience
Its just a waste of money then cos its very annoying, i talked to 5 Customer Care reps. and they sound incompetent, i was furious and had to go to their office today; met someone and all she told me was that my configurations are not correct, she tried something which i wasn't aware of, she told me to do a hard reboot, which i did and Only BBm worked and Yahoo Messenger, facebook not working, even twitter nor browser, told her , she said i should be patient that its gonna work, now have been home for over 5hrs and its only BBM thats working!; i think they shouldn't invent what they are not competent of doing, its really a mess
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by RapidBTS: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: My Glocomonth Bis Keeps Dropping Back To Gsm Instead Of Edge by walcolm(m): 6:29am On Jul 13, 2012
ayolinger: I use a BB 8520 and I recently switched to Glo from MTN; But my Network Status keeps dropping back to GSM instead of the Normal EDGE and this makes me experience some interruption in my browsing and i have complained to Glo CC but all i got is my complain has been forwarded and will be resolved in the next 48hrs; don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing although this is my first time of using Glo for BIS!; and if there is an alternative solution rather than me waiting for Glo CC that i feel are confused when i put the problem to them, Please don't hesitate to share abeg!.

maybe you should upgrade your BB operating system to a more recent version..that will resolve any issues you are having

GLO BIS is definitely not the problem because there are millions of people using it all over and not having that problem

(1) (Reply)

Selling Itunes And Android Accounts / Asus Padfone: An Amazin Gadget (video) / Lg Optimus L7 Ii Dual P715

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.