Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS (5567 Views)

Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS / Lagos State Tops In Telephone Voice Call In Third Quarter Of 2019 – NBS / Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by FreeStuffsNG: 10:21pm On Jan 12
Lagos and Ogun States are the top states with mobile Internet subscriptions in Nigeria in 2023.

Kano, Bayelsa and Zamfara ranked third, fourth and fifth respectively.

The National Bureau of Statistics revealed this on its official website on Thursday, in a report titled, ‘Telecoms Data: Active Voice and Internet per State, Porting and Tariff Information (Q2 2023)’.

The NBS stated that the total number of active internet subscribers was 159,498,826 in Q2 2023 from 151,332,090 reported in Q2 2022.

“In Q2 2023, the total number of active internet subscribers stood at 159,498,826 from 151,332,090 reported in Q2 2022, showing an increase of 5.40%. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, this grew by 1.24%.

“On state profile analysis, Lagos State had the highest number of active voice subscribers in Q2 2023 with 26,423,757, followed by Ogun with 12,976,190 and Kano with 12,129,536. On the other hand, Bayelsa recorded the least with 1,601,675, followed by Ebonyi and Ekiti with 1,911,606 and 1,992,640 respectively.

“In addition, Lagos State had the highest number of active internet subscribers in Q2 2023 with 18,868,376, followed by Ogun with 9,471,170 and Kano with 8,768,199. On the other hand, Bayelsa recorded the least with 1,156,994, followed by Ebonyi and Ekiti with 1,335,968 and 1,512,952 respectively,” the statement read in part.

It added that the five states topped active voice subscribers in Q3 2023.

“The total number of active voice subscribers in Q3 2023 was 221,769,883 from the 212,201,578 reported in Q3 2022, indicating a growth rate of 4.51%. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, this rose by 0.76%,” the report added.

The NBS revealed further that MTN garnered the highest number of subscribers in Q2 of 2023.

The statement read further, “Also, however, MTN had the highest share of subscriptions in Q2 2023.”

In 2o22, Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, and the Federal Capital Territory were the top five states with mobile Internet subscriptions in Nigeria. https://punchng.com/lagos-ogun-kano-lead-nigerias-internet-growth-nbs/#:~:text=Commenting%20in%20its%20’Telecoms%20Data,9%2C206%2C614%20and%20Kano%20with%208%2C470%2C131.

The five states accounted for 33.52 percent (51.90 million) of the total number of mobile subscriptions (154.85 million) in the country in 2022 with Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Zamfara, and Gombe states being the least five states.

https://punchng.com/lagos-ogun-top-2023-internet-growth-nbs/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by FreeStuffsNG: 10:21pm On Jan 12
In 2022, Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, and the Federal Capital Territory were the top five states with mobile Internet subscriptions in Nigeria.

“In addition, Lagos State had the highest number of active internet subscribers in Q2 2023 with 18,868,376, followed by Ogun with 9,471,170 and Kano with 8,768,199.

These kind of data are indicators of where in Nigeria you have the high population and truly robust commercial activities.
Clean data that support where the real population strength lies in Nigeria. Well done NBS. We expect the total data for 2023, I will not be surprised it goes to the same top 5 of 2022.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Richtaiwo: 10:37pm On Jan 12
Expect some jaundiced explanation on why some states don't come close to the figures.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Seunpapa65: 10:42pm On Jan 12
Okay
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by ILoveNG: 11:15pm On Jan 12
The steady increase in the total number of active internet users is an indicator of something good.

My only worry is that it appears that network providers have stop selling data to billionaires. It’s indeed true that money can’t buy everything, not even the presidency of an ordinary zoo.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 12:19am On Jan 13
Most of these datas are flawed

If am browsing in Bayesla, my IP address normally shows port Harcourt
If am in Niger state, it will show Abuja
If am In uyo it will still show pH
Sometimes you might be in Edo and it will indicate that you are somewhere around Lagos or ibandan,
If you're browsing in zaira
It will show Kano

But outside country is not like that
If you are in Huston texas it will show Huston taxes,
Every city is equally indicated

In Nigeria here, the service providers (i.e MTN,glo e.t.c) are logining us in from any city the seems fit at any time the deem fit
But as usual
Some people will still want to gloat over it

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Blackfire(m): 1:43am On Jan 13
Indicating that we are above 200M in Nigeria

But na statistics we go chop

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by KwuoteYourFada: 2:21am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

Sometimes you might be in Edo and it will indicate that you are somewhere around Lagos or ibandan,
It will show Kano

I noticed it while I was at elemebiri in Bayelsa State some years back . My IP shows PH or Omoku

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Odogwuzack: 2:43am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

It will show Kano

😂

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Armaggedon: 4:45am On Jan 13
Richtaiwo:
Expect some jaundiced explanation on why some states don't come close to the figures.
NBS has to give us explanations first on how Ogun has ACTIVE internet and voice subscribers that is DOUBLE of it's population. So, the data itself is jaundiced.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by zuchyblink(m): 4:52am On Jan 13
My IP shows PH while I'm in Imo State

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 5:02am On Jan 13
Armaggedon:
NBS has to give us explanations first on how Ogun has ACTIVE internet and voice subscribers that is DOUBLE of it's population. So, the data itself is jaundiced.

It's usually the fault of service providers,the group everyone wherever and Which ever city the like,
If you are browsing from zaira the would log you in from Kano
If you are browsing from Bayesla your browser will indicate pH
Delta to dey show pH most times,
Ask yourself
How is it possible that ogun has more figures than Kano?
People thinking this
Is a basis to lay some population claims
are actually uniformed

This has nothing to do with actually population
Unless you haven't traveled to any city up north/ south east/ south south with an active internet subscribtion

Even those Nigerians residing in Benin Republic with Nigeria service providers on roaming are being login as Ogun, same with some part of Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 5:09am On Jan 13
KwuoteYourFada:

I noticed it while I was at elemebiri in Bayelsa State some years back . My IP shows PH or Omoku

Seems like internet activities all over many part of South South/ south east
Is ascribe to rivers state
While those in some part of Delta/ Edo/ondo is ascribed to oyo
Then Nasssawra,kogi,niger e.t.c Abuja

Those trying to gloat over this
Are uneducated about how this things works

As usual the see everything as agenda grin

For ogun to have more internet subscribtion that is more than twice above it population ahead of Kano,oyo and Delta/Edo/ rivers (the headquarters of internet fraud in Nigeria) should tell you more

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nonny95: 6:38am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

For ogun to have more internet subscribtion that is more than twice above it population ahead of Kano,oyo and Delta/Edo/ rivers (the headquarters of internet fraud in Nigeria) should tell you more

You're very right.

The last time I visited Port Harcourt, my IP address was still having Owerri.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SoNature(m): 7:08am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

It will show Kano

In Nigeria here, the service providers (i.e MTN,glo e.t.c) are logining us in from any city the seems fit at any time the deem fit
But as usual

This is very true. I was shocked when I logged onto a website and Google sent me an email, informing me that someone accessed my account from Port Harcourt. Meanwhile, I wasn't anywhere close to PH. Nigerian ISPs should do better.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Neatest: 7:22am On Jan 13
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos, Ogun top 2023 internet growth- NBS
12th January 2024

By Adetutu Sobowale

Lagos and Ogun States are the top states with mobile Internet subscriptions in Nigeria in 2023.

Kano, Bayelsa and Zamfara ranked third, fourth and fifth respectively.

The National Bureau of Statistics revealed this on its official website on Thursday, in a report titled, ‘Telecoms Data: Active Voice and Internet per State, Porting and Tariff Information (Q2 2023)’.

The NBS stated that the total number of active internet subscribers was 159,498,826 in Q2 2023 from 151,332,090 reported in Q2 2022.

“In Q2 2023, the total number of active internet subscribers stood at 159,498,826 from 151,332,090 reported in Q2 2022, showing an increase of 5.40%. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, this grew by 1.24%.

“On state profile analysis, Lagos State had the highest number of active voice subscribers in Q2 2023 with 26,423,757, followed by Ogun with 12,976,190 and Kano with 12,129,536. On the other hand, Bayelsa recorded the least with 1,601,675, followed by Ebonyi and Ekiti with 1,911,606 and 1,992,640 respectively.

“In addition, Lagos State had the highest number of active internet subscribers in Q2 2023 with 18,868,376, followed by Ogun with 9,471,170 and Kano with 8,768,199. On the other hand, Bayelsa recorded the least with 1,156,994, followed by Ebonyi and Ekiti with 1,335,968 and 1,512,952 respectively,” the statement read in part.

It added that the five states topped active voice subscribers in Q3 2023.

“The total number of active voice subscribers in Q3 2023 was 221,769,883 from the 212,201,578 reported in Q3 2022, indicating a growth rate of 4.51%. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, this rose by 0.76%,” the report added.

The NBS revealed further that MTN garnered the highest number of subscribers in Q2 of 2023.

The statement read further, “Also, however, MTN had the highest share of subscriptions in Q2 2023.”

In 2o22, Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, and the Federal Capital Territory were the top five states with mobile Internet subscriptions in Nigeria. https://punchng.com/lagos-ogun-kano-lead-nigerias-internet-growth-nbs/#:~:text=Commenting%20in%20its%20’Telecoms%20Data,9%2C206%2C614%20and%20Kano%20with%208%2C470%2C131.

The five states accounted for 33.52 percent (51.90 million) of the total number of mobile subscriptions (154.85 million) in the country in 2022 with Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Zamfara, and Gombe states being the least five states.

https://punchng.com/lagos-ogun-top-2023-internet-growth-nbs/
Mynd44 nlfpmod
Expected.
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Neatest: 7:29am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

It will show Kano

But as usual
That phone might be a fabricated phone.
Get a real device.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 7:33am On Jan 13
Neatest:

That phone might be a fabricated phone.
Get a real device.

MacBook is now a phone?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by yommen: 7:37am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

It will show Kano

But as usual

I don't think this is about IP addresses. They are very few internet providers/telecoms in Nigeria. The data can easily be gotten from them. If I need update on number of my customers, active or not, I only need to switch on my pc and get it in less than 5 minutes. Those masts you see mounted all around you dont just stand there. They will give you number of internet users connecting through them per time and it's not so difficult at all.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 7:47am On Jan 13
The op is wrong for assuming this can be used as An economic or commercial indicator of Nigeria states

To indicate areas with high commercial activities
One must consider states with high cash inflow transaction, in which according to CBN
Annually
Lagos, rivers, Anambra, kano,Abia and oyo takes they lead
Or states where mostly raw material and finished goods imported into Nigeria ends up at
Which according to Nigeria port authority, NIMA e.t.c
Lagos/Abia and Anambra takes in more than 80% of containers imported from Nigerians port

That's a good metrics for measuring economic viability of Nigeria states
Not this

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 7:53am On Jan 13
yommen:

I don't think this is about IP addresses. They are very few internet providers/telecoms in Nigeria. The data can easily be gotten from them. If I need update on number of my customers, active or not, I only need to switch on my pc and get it in less than 5 minutes. Those masts you see mounted all around you dont just stand there. They will give you number of internet users connecting through them per time and it's not so difficult at all.

So ogun state is now populated than Kano,oyo and rivers state?
Wow
I never knew grin

Like, I said that stuff they op posted if not fabricated should be base on active internet web subscribtion and activities
Which clearly does not show true locations of the users here in Nigeria

Now ask yourself
How come according to the report, there are more internet users in ogun state far more than actual human beings
Are there ghost or invisible aliens using the internet?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by money121(m): 8:17am On Jan 13
Sure
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18am On Jan 13
Very Good Development.
From all of us @MANNABBQGRlLLS :
GOD BLESS SANWO-OLU.

Lagos State : A country within a country.
The State of many Firsts.
God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.

kayusely70:
You're very much in order!
Gbamsolutely!!!

Golan007:

What is true is that Lagos state is enabling environment for businesses borne about by the desire of its citizens to work and create.

This extends to the government of the state because living in the state imbibed a culture.
Another Gbamsolutely!!!
Good news everywhere today.
Happy to be back on 3rd Mainland Bridge.
Welcome back NL.
God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏 ❤️

dollynnn:
My Nairaland is back!
Welcome Back ❤️ 💋 😘

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by ATEAMS: 8:19am On Jan 13
Indeed
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by merits(m): 8:19am On Jan 13
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by inoki247: 8:19am On Jan 13
Anything Low Ekiti dey always show....

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by StrongAlphMale: 8:20am On Jan 13
How exactly is this news?

How will this reduce the price of foodstuff in the market?
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by nairalanda1(m): 8:21am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

It will show Kano

But as usual

To some extent you are right (I have even personally witnessed what you described), but at the end of the day, Lagos is Nigeria's largest urban center, and it does spill over into Ogun...(am sure most of the large data from Ogun comes from the areas adjoining Lagos)

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Pecoleee345: 8:21am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

So to you ogun population is around 4million??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Lanre1st(m): 8:22am On Jan 13
People were questioning Ogun subscription while we always fail to understand some basic things. Many companies, establishments prefer to locate in Ogun because of it closeness to Lagos and they will be operating in other SW state, any line they sale is ascribed to Ogun and any subscribtion on the sim is recorded for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 8:22am On Jan 13
Pecoleee345:

So to you ogun population is around 4million??
So to you Ogun is more populated than Kano, rivers or oyo?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gionee Marathon M4 / Mtn 1gb For N200, 10mb For N2, Everyone Is Eligible / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.