Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery (44975 Views)

Femi Otedola Spends His Democracy Day At Dangote’s Refinery / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ntyce(m): 10:47am On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

Exactly. That's what I'm waiting to see.

What use is it to Nigerians if it won't reduce the cost of purchasing fuel at the pumps. These APCNig goons are just trying to latch unto anything to show a semblance of progress in their government of decay.

Even to the extent of hyping a man's private business undecided Very sad.

A grown up asking of what use is a company that will employ thousands of Nigerians, reduce our dependence of FX to import fuel.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Tayorshd87: 10:48am On Jan 13
Nonybb:
Ndiara. This evil man Dangote would not still bring down the price of petroleum. If he can't bring down the price of Cement with his monopoly, is it the price of petroleum he would bring down?

Am confused too
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by bdon12: 10:49am On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:
Cooking Lagos and Lagosians slowly but deadly

Una go hear hhwenn from dis boiling toxic pollutants

On top of that......still pay him trillions for doing it

Him go carry the trillions go Kano
Not true...flaring goes on in many places around d world

4 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by ConfidentialDoc: 10:50am On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

What use is it to Nigerians if it won't reduce the cost of purchasing fuel at the pumps. These APCNig goons are just trying to latch unto anything to show a semblance of progress in their government of decay.

Please where did you ever read or hear dangote refinery is for the common man ?

3 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by bdon12: 10:50am On Jan 13
Biodun556:

A gas flare, alternatively known as a flare stack, flare boom, ground flare, or flare pit, is a gas combustion device used in places such as petroleum refineries, chemical plants and natural gas processing plants, oil or gas extraction sites having oil wells, gas wells, offshore oil and gas rigs and landfills.

Flare stack at the Shell Haven refinery in England
In industrial plants, flare stacks are primarily used for burning off flammable gas released by safety valves during unplanned overpressuring of plant equipment.[1][2][3][4][5] During plant or partial plant startups and shutdowns, they are also often used for the planned combustion of gases over relatively short periods.

At oil and gas extraction sites, gas flares are similarly used for a variety of startup, maintenance, testing, safety, and emergency purposes.[6] In a practice known as production flaring, they may also be used to dispose of large amounts of unwanted associated petroleum gas, possibly throughout the life of an oil well.[7]
Its too much of an xpensiv alternative

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by fitinwell: 10:51am On Jan 13
Magnetic010:
If this Dangote refinery doesn't in any way reduce the price of petroleum products in the country then it is of no benefit to the common man....

Make Dangote case no end like betta edu own oo..

Nigerians no go gree for anybody this year...

Make you warn person wey care to know...

Boys are not smiling
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Harrykaro(m): 10:56am On Jan 13
We are good to go...

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by GeneralDae: 10:56am On Jan 13
DARLINGTON869:
When the world is fast moving away from fossil oil, we are just beginning
The world is not moving away anything. Forget that story.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Malawian(m): 10:57am On Jan 13
After burning those 60kg of gas cylinder they positioned there for "eko for show", the "Refinery" will develop "fault" and another turnaround maintenance will resume.

Mumu no dey tire una?

Even Dangote no talk say him "Refinery" don dey work, but FG come here dey shalaye.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Ironbull: 10:57am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

Tell us when Dangote came to the east and which state did he go to? Make una take am easy to dey lie.

I know that East mentioned will be your only headache, anyway pls Google is your friend.

We all read it here and heard about it so please go and Google it or ask Seun to dig out the topic that discussed about it here for you. Ok.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Paraman: 10:57am On Jan 13
Opmic:

He's just stating facts bro. Why are you so bitter with the truth
What truth is he saying on a thread about Dangote refinery.. is the refinery not existing in Lekki?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by deenee: 10:59am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

I feel for you. Why would Dangote buy feedstock at international price? That is the first problem, if he signed a supply agreement with NNPC to supply feedstock from their allotment for local production. Because that is where the issue lies.

Nigeria is a member of Opec and bound by their rules. Including international pricing

Secondly the supply is payment for the equity stake of nnpc in Dang refinery

Educate yourself

2 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Godfullsam(m): 10:59am On Jan 13
Armaggedon:
One of the reasons Lagos will soon become completely unliveable.

There countries where Nigeria has bn importing refined cude oil for donkey years, is the places not liveable?

Lagos will only become unliveable for the igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 11:00am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

grin

If you were a businessman, and you were selling yam you bought from farmer at N1500 per tuber, will you sell that same tuber at N200 per tuber to help the poor breathe? To help the masses breathe?

You will not, because your business will die.

Dangote needs to pay salaries(at the rate that his workers would not jakpa), pay taxes, pay for crude at international prices, pay for maintenance costs, etc etc. Expecting him to do all that and then sell fuel at N200 per liter because of the masses is a big joke.

Businesses are not charities. They exist to make profits, and to make more profits. They do not care about the masses, because if they let the masses set their prices, they would crash. If the masses were allowed to set MTN and Airtel prices, they would crash well well.

Hopefully, it would reduce the pressure on dollars, and hopefully this means the cost of transporting fuel falls. But the era of cheap fuel is over. NNPC is even now a private company self.

The funny thing is people will call me oppressor now. Ok. If a business cannot set its prices, how would it make profit for shareholders and workers? Shebi government go pay am? Lol.
The prisoner who loves his chains!
Kwantiniu!!

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by coleon(m): 11:00am On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:

Port Harcourt is not Lagos. Lagos is a tiny state with about 35million inhabitants.

Lagos state govt should make him pay 7.5% gas flaring tax.. specially.
Do you know what is called a free trade zone?
Dangote is operating from a free trade zone.Lagos or Nigerian territorial laws don't apply to him.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Realtruth2023: 11:01am On Jan 13
deenee:

Nigeria is a member of Opec and bound by their rules. Including international pricing

Secondly the supply is payment for the equity stake of nnpc in Dang refinery

Educate yourself

This is for internal consumption. OPEC rules don't apply here.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Malawian(m): 11:01am On Jan 13
Where did the "gas" come from?
From crude oil?

Una mumu never do.

honour7:
But this flaring, is there no way to have a gas power plant close to the refinery and channel this excess gases to produce electricity.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by phemray(m): 11:02am On Jan 13
ZKOSOSO:
Cooking Lagos and Lagosians slowly but deadly

Una go hear hhwenn from dis boiling toxic pollutants

On top of that......still pay him trillions for doing it

Him go carry the trillions go Kano

It's fine if it's kano and not abroad after all not heaven. This will go a longer way in building economic bridges, I know what was going on in the border when we were not producing, but now that we are producing. I already imagining the level of profit level for hustlers on the products at grassroot level. Youth should calm down and think ahead, If u know u know, those that are forming am a graduate and waiting for interview can continue to wait for whit collar jobs. Lol

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 11:02am On Jan 13
Realtruth2023:

I feel for you. Why would Dangote buy feedstock at international price? That is the first problem, if he signed a supply agreement with NNPC to supply feedstock from their allotment for local production. Because that is where the issue lies.

that means goverment is already tryin to pay subsidy for you through dangote if he keeps the deal....

but i doubt if its realy that case....
nigerian goverment sellin to a indigenous refiner would make sense because nigeria is havin issues sellin crude in international market....

we are hearin news that nigeria is havin issues sellin their crude....
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 11:03am On Jan 13
obesse:

The prisoner who loves his chains!
Kwantiniu!!

So, for saying a business should have the right to set its prices, I am now a prisioner.

You know what, go and buy yams at N1800 and sell it at N100 to help the poor.

And by the way, grow up. You are not a child. You should have points as to why I am wrong, instead of behaving like a child on the playground.

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by hotspec(m): 11:04am On Jan 13
Biodun556:
grin

The beginning of new era
...of environmental pollution.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by BabaO2: 11:05am On Jan 13
Wont this cause enviromental hazard in Lagos ?
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 11:06am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

So, for saying a business should have the right to set its prices, I am now a prisioner.

And by the way, grow up. You are not a child. You should have points as to why I am wrong, instead of behaving like a child on the playground.

bros....its hard to explain anything to them....

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by Obiedun(m): 11:08am On Jan 13
ConfidentialDoc:

Please where did you ever read or hear dangote refinery is for the common man ?
common man will be employed to work
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by AbgaBallar: 11:09am On Jan 13
There won't be need to import fuel again.

Franking:

You mean while we import fuel Dangote will export his?
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by obesse: 11:10am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:

Everyone on this platform knows your antecedents. Just remember there is something called Karma.
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by justtoodark: 11:10am On Jan 13
Obiedun:
common man will be employed to work

how many common nigerians understand how to operate refineries....??

watch dangote videos....you will see indians and other nationalities....
Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SeeWahala: 11:10am On Jan 13
ntyce:

A grown up asking of what use is a company that will employ thousands of Nigerians, reduce our dependence of FX to import fuel.

You're so quick to forget that Nigerian matters of economics only works on paper and not in reality undecided

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SeeWahala: 11:11am On Jan 13
NOETHNICITY:
What a very dumb post! With a weak mind like this i will be very surprised if you are employed.

The major benefit Nigeria stands to gain is reduced pressure on our nations FX.

Second, hundreds of thousands of people are going to be employed. That value chain will trickle down to hundreds of thousands people if not millions.

Third, FG cannot claim credit for this because it’s a privately built refinery.

Close your mouth. Out of all the policies and services the government introduced how many of them helped the common man on the streets?

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by zionstaar75: 11:11am On Jan 13
SeeWahala:

you are a pathetic ignoramus, do u know how many things will be produced in that refinery?about 100 yet in your small mind it's all about petrol

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 11:11am On Jan 13
obesse:

Everyone on this platform knows your antecedents. Just remember there is something called posterity.

No matter what you think of me, a business must run at a profit to work properly, pay for maintenance, etc etc.

You can threaten me, call me an APC, supporter, call me a PDP supporter, call me all sorts of names, call me a bad person, an evil person, etc etc....it does not change the fact.

Welcome to reality. What we want is not what we get.

(FIN).

1 Like

Re: Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery by SeeWahala: 11:12am On Jan 13
obesse:

Everyone on this platform knows your antecedents. Just remember there is something called posterity.

No mind them. They are the same people that supported buhari from start to end.

Devils 😈

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Type Of Business Can I Start With ₦4M / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.