Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To (2583 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Female Banker For Alleged N462 Million Fraud (Photo) / Return £7.3m Or Face 10 Years In Jail, Court Tells Ex-banker, Who Helped Ibori / Banker Who Was Killed By Robbers Two Weeks After Wife Gave Birth, Buried. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 12:21pm On Jan 13
IT is no longer news that a female banker identified as Ms Amarachi Ugochukwu left her seat leaving her phone on the table for the bank's toilet where she eventually committed suicide.

SOJ WORLDWIDE reported on Thursday that her colleagues who traced her to the toilet when her phone was ringing endlessly forced the door open where they saw her lifeless body on the floor, a bottle of sniper, her suicide note by her side.

New details emerge that Amarachi was a Marketer with a new generation bank, Globus Bank Limited, Ikorodu branch, Lagos State.

One of the reasons she decided to take her life includes the bank's target, as a Marketer, she wrote, "my figures are low." It is banking 'slang' of not meeting ones target.

This could be frustrating when her colleagues are meeting theirs.

A close source quoted her mother saying, "she has been complaining that husband is not coming at her age."

This is another major reasons why this beautiful lady still searching for husband at 32 committed suicide when some of her age mates have stopped child bearing.  But can these reasons justify her suicidal mission? No.

Amarachi Ugochukwu was said to have combined shoe making to her stressful marketing job.

A concerned resident in Lagos identified as Foluso Adebisi said her son usually patronise her shoe business.

"Tiwalade, My Son woke me up this morning to a terrible news trending online about a young lady Amarachi Ugochukwu, a staffer of Globus Bank Ikorodu Branch committing suicide. Amarachi was a friend to Tiwalade and Customer of his business, Donetsk Footwear Limited.

I had met Amarachi on few occasions when she came for Deliveries at Donetsk footwear during the festive year.

Amarachi was a young lady, friendly, amiable and hardworking, a lady cobbler that combined her stressful job of a Banker with another stressful business of shoe making and marketing.

I read she left a suicide note complaining of hard life, hard economy etc.
Rest well Amarachi, another Star fell to a wrong System, another youth consumed by defective Government and poor leadership in Nigeria.

Though committing suicide and taking your life should not have been the option but GOD Almighty knows the best.
SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS Wins Award Of Excellence
My family and I pray that your Soul will find favour with GOD Almighty and your parents the fortitude to bear this loss.
Rest in Peace Amarachi Ugochukwu."

Amarachi managed to write her suicide note before she drank the poisonous substance and gave up the ghost,

“Nothing is working in my life. My figures are low. My brain is clogged up. The economy is getting harder. My decisions are wrong. My mind is messed up. The future doesn’t seem bright at all. I see extreme hardship. I can’t bear the pain anymore.”

WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS - Osun Online Influencing Platform Of The Year (2023) Courtesy Osun Online Publishers (OOPA).
FOR your Advert Placement, Press Release, Press Conference, Interviews, Media & Publicity.

FOR News Updates visit: www.sojworldnews.com
SOJ WORLDWIDE...an ONLINE NEWS with a difference.

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by OGwales(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13
The one just wasted herself 😭😭😭
Everybody can't be rich 🤑
Everybody can't be married 😭

Live your own life 🧬🧬🧬

No follow another person timing ⌚

Know this and know peace ✌️

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by DONFRANSKID(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13
This life is not for the weak and faint hearted

3 Likes

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Dikastan: 3:01pm On Jan 13
Suicide is never an option

3 Likes

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by talk2hb1(m): 3:59pm On Jan 13
Job no be by force, marriage no be by force.
If any parent pressure you, abeg pressure them back. I just dey pity girls at that age looking for husband, they are just very vulnerable to chop and go guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Bluntguy: 4:13pm On Jan 13
Life no balance, life no balance but suicide has never been an option, is not an option and can never be an option.

3 Likes

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by InstanetTV: 4:18pm On Jan 13
Defective system has made suicidal thoughts now a common life style of an average Nigerian, it's only a matter of time before it aggravate into the very act itself.

Be kind to people you meet on the daily, your actions towards them might be the stressor that pushes them to life or to their death.

1 Like

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Seunpapa65: 5:47pm On Jan 13
talk2hb1:
Job no be by force, marriage no be by force.
If any parent pressure you, abeg pressure them back. I just dey pity girls at that age looking for husband, they are just very vulnerable to chop and go guys.
If she doesn't have a job how is she going to foot her bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by talk2hb1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13
Seunpapa65:

If she doesn't have a job how is she going to foot her bill
Job and Bills Still Continue when she is no more

1 Like

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Seunpapa65: 5:51pm On Jan 13
talk2hb1:

Job and Bills Still Continue when she is no more
True Sha nothing is worth dying for
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Nicepoker(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13
They say men are scum yet some people are leaving their families behind because of lack of man. RIP before them Jezebels tag me a sadist. grin

1 Like

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by GGIA: 7:51pm On Jan 13
OGwales:

Live your own life 🧬🧬🧬

may you be content with poverty. AMEN
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by stacyadams: 9:10pm On Jan 13
GGIA:

Siofra, magnolia and some others I am yet to mention are just bitter modern day prostitutes that survive through hookup.

Case closed cheesy
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Buharidgeneral: 9:17pm On Jan 13
SojWORLDWIDE:

IT is no longer news that a female banker identified as Ms Amarachi Ugochukwu left her seat leaving her phone on the table for the bank's toilet where she eventually committed suicide.

SOJ WORLDWIDE reported on Thursday that her colleagues who traced her to the toilet when her phone was ringing endlessly forced the door open where they saw her lifeless body on the floor, a bottle of sniper, her suicide note by her side.

New details emerge that Amarachi was a Marketer with a new generation bank, Globus Bank Limited, Ikorodu branch, Lagos State.

One of the reasons she decided to take her life includes the bank's target, as a Marketer, she wrote, "my figures are low." It is banking 'slang' of not meeting ones target.

A close source quoted her mother saying, "she has been complaining that husband is not coming at her age."

This is another major reasons why this beautiful lady still searching for husband at 32 committed suicide when some of her age mates have stopped child bearing.  But can these reasons justify her suicidal mission? No.

Amarachi Ugochukwu was said to have combined shoe making to her stressful marketing job.

A concerned resident in Lagos identified as Foluso Adebisi said her son usually patronise her shoe business.

"Tiwalade, My Son woke me up this morning to a terrible news trending online about a young lady Amarachi Ugochukwu, a staffer of Globus Bank Ikorodu Branch committing suicide. Amarachi was a friend to Tiwalade and Customer of his business, Donetsk Footwear Limited.

I had met Amarachi on few occasions when she came for Deliveries at Donetsk footwear during the festive year.

Amarachi was a young lady, friendly, amiable and hardworking, a lady cobbler that combined her stressful job of a Banker with another stressful business of shoe making and marketing.

Rest well Amarachi, another Star fell to a wrong System, another youth consumed by defective Government and poor leadership in Nigeria.

Though committing suicide and taking your life should not have been the option but GOD Almighty knows the best.
My family and I pray that your Soul will find favour with GOD Almighty and your parents the fortitude to bear this loss.

Amarachi managed to write her suicide note before she drank the poisonous substance and gave up the ghost,

“Nothing is working in my life. My figures are low. My brain is clogged up. The economy is getting harder. My decisions are wrong. My mind is messed up. The future doesn’t seem bright at all. I see extreme hardship. I can’t bear the pain anymore.”

WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS - Osun Online Influencing Platform Of The Year (2023) Courtesy Osun Online Publishers (OOPA).
FOR your Advert Placement, Press Release, Press Conference, Interviews, Media & Publicity.

Wasted pussy.
@op you ended saynothin

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Buharidgeneral: 9:18pm On Jan 13
SojWORLDWIDE:

Wasted pussy
@op you ended saying mothing
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Rickmann: 10:03pm On Jan 13
SojWORLDWIDE:

She yielded to societal pressure.
It's a pity.

May God rest her soul.
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Mystery2020: 2:15am On Jan 14
People laughed when I shared my experience working in a bank.
Mystery2020:
"They finally employed you. I hope you have a strong shoe", she said. I did not understand what the teller meant.

I had spent about a quarter in this new generation bank, I was ridiculed, insulted and bullied by the head teller and cash officer who is a Unilag graduate, the branch manager (BM) who once accused me of stealing, and my new supervisor who just got back from maternity leave.

This new supervisor, Fatima, was a curvy ebony naturalised Hausa-Fulani woman. One day, she asked if I have a lover. Then told me to come along with her for a drink. She wanted to take me out after the naming ceremony of the head teller's new baby, but I refused to attend. The following week, she began telling other staff members that I am stubborn. This was the genesis of my problem with her.

A lot of flirting used to happen in that place. Only two of the women out of eight were spared; one Yorubanised Hausa woman and maybe the CSM. Even the CSM gave me flirty looks several times. One of the tellers once called me gay. Asking if I don't have erections.

A new girl was hired. She was an introvert like me, but from Enugu state and a graduate of ESUT. Coincidentally, one of the Yoruba staff and a Business Administration graduate of OOU served in her village. This young lady, an Anglican, can be mistaken as the daughter of the Nollywood and Yoruba language actress popularly known as Lanre Hassan.

She made it known to management that she prefer to be in operations. However, she was brought to marketing. She said they told her point blank at head office HR that all employees in our cadre must first work as a marketer regardless of their qualifications. She had no choice but to accept the offer, so I decided to help her adjust and settle down.

The BM is a Catholic, who once forgot to attend Ash Wednesday mass despite always wearing a rosary. He is the temperamental type who takes first impression seriously. He is the first child of his family, and was often tasked with carrying the ladder up and down the streets of Nnewi for NITEL technicians when they're trying to fix the family's landline. His first car, a Honda "baby boy" Accord was stolen at gun point.

The BM, owns a shell company with address in Lekki where proceeds from dubious deals are laundered. Some of these proceeds he shared among the operations staff headed by one pretty lady; a charismatic Catholic & graduate of Ekpoma. I was told by a teller that this lady (CSM) once approached the manager to give her and the boys 'something'. This teller lives in a 'selfcon' in Surulere, which he inherited from his grandmother.

They tested me withing my first week of resumption. They sent me to a customer; a Micro Finance bank in Ikeja, with a t-fare double the required amount. When I returned, I wanted to return the balance but they all ignored me. They sent me to the MFB again the following day. I simply used the balance from the previous day. I thought I did the right thing, not knowing that they only wanted to know whether I came to Lagos to "count bridge". A question the 'Surulere' teller eventually asked me rhetorically.

They lied to me that I can not request for a t-fare lower than what I got previously again, because they will be queried by internal control. A lady in the customer care unit who attended FGGC Calabar, tried to ginger me not to answer them, but I gave in and continued to accept the bogus t-fare. Months later, the OOU graduate told me to stop behaving like a saint, that even my then supervisor who is married to an Mbaise woman collects double of that figure.

Just before the ESUT lady resumed, the manager withdrew the branch car from me, then gave me a target to open 80 accounts, sell 40 cards/POS, and mobilise ₦40 million, all within a month among other tasks. He was also using me as his P.A. and 'man Friday' for his exportation business & family Charity.

The manager refused to give the ESUT girl targets. He played a smart one by asking her, "Do you know what your target is"? She answered "no". While walking away & pointing to me, the manager said to her, "Ask him". I responded like an imbëcile; 80 accounts, 40 cards/POS, ₦40million monthly. To add salt to injury, the branch car was made available to her most times.

She was given tasks that will make her develop faster as a banker. While I was left to roam about the streets of Lagos on foot like a lunatic, who is possessed by a legion of vagabond spirits recently rendered homeless by D.K. Olukoya of MFM. Three months later, our mate in another branch told me he never go on errands without their branch car, and that he even took driving lessons with it. Na dis kind people fit the industry. Lol.

This new girl almost made the same 'first impression' blunders I made that earned me the title of "the laziest staff the manager as ever seen". I was there for her at every step, mentoring her and teaching her how to deal with them (other staff members). I will defend her in her absence whenever they speak ill of her, and always advise her on how to correct these bad impressions. I never knew that I myself had become the topic of their gossips. They gossip me even with cleaners, drivers and security men.

There was a day I came late due to an accident in which my knees were bruised. They were still in the morning meeting when I got there. The BM queried "why are you just coming? who died?". "I will make this place unbearable for you if you don't sit up".

Then the scheming against me began to heat up. She joined them to gossip me. There was a time I caught three of them by the elbow; Fatima, ESUT girl and CSM. The Ambrose Ali lady (CSM) quickly lied that the manager was asking of me. I knew she was lying but just had to leave the room. I was thinking the ESUT girl will gist me later. I am still waiting for the gist as I type this föölish epistle.

Then ESUT girl started mocking me codedly. "You are going again?" She will ask with a sadistic smile whenever I am about leaving for marketing.

For six months they tried to destroy me psychologically. I will save what they did for later. My mates in V.I., Apapa, Nnamdi Azikiwe, and somewhere else in Lagos Island which I won't mention got similar toxic treatments, but with different flavours.

Their breakthrough came during an arranged MPR meeting where I was thoroughly mocked by all the staff. The BM even called me a slowpoke. ESUT girl laughed at their insults to my dismay. Then the manager noticed my mood has changed, & sensed the opportunity to go in for the kill. Stand up!", he shouted at me, I refused. They all shouted, stand up! even the ESUT girl. Then the head teller said in Yoruba, what the hell is wrong with this boy?" That got me really pissed off. I scanned the room, my previous supervisor was biting his lips and smiling slightly. The manager snapped his fingers at me, making the impression of 'I will deal with you'.

The CSM called me for a chat, she pretended as if she cared. But her opening statement gave her away. "What you did was very rude", referring to the MPR incident. She wasn't present. Her, the first teller who asked me if I have a strong shoe, the FGGC Calabar lady, and one other teller, a man from Kwara, left the room to attend to a matter before the attack happened.

She kept going round in circles, asking stupid questions like do I have problems convincing people to open accounts? Asking me if anyone in the branch offended me. Asking me to tell her what they did wrong so that they can avoid such mistakes in the future. I was now convinced it was an exit interview. I got to know they planned the whole thing a couple of months before.

By 12 noon I got a one-page query for insubordination and two other offences; the third was a serious one. He copied the HR Business Partner who was a graduate of English Language, and 2 other executives. I won't be surprised if he did a Blind Carbon copy to the entire banking group. I replied in three lines. Business partner said I should report to a particular HR staff on Friday of that week.

On Monday, I reported to head office, HR staff has gone on leave. It was another HR officer who attended to me. A short lady, she covered her ID card so I didn't see her name. She asked, "What did you do to them that made them write all those things against you?" I did not do anything, I replied. "And they wrote all those things", she said. "They can not all be bad people", she continued. She said I showed too much anger in my reply to the query. She then went on to give me a lecture on anger management. I kept looking like mumu.

Worried about my calmness, she asked me what the problem was. I told her I have become addicted to painkillers. She asked what my future career plan is, and I told her. Of course it was not banking. She said there are more mad people in that particular sector. She said they will get back to me.

My system password was about to expire the week of the incident, but I didn't reset it. I came around Tuesday morning to know my fate, nothing.

On Wednesday, BM showed me a letter from HR Business Partner dated Tuesday, indicating that I was done. "This is what I have been telling you", he said. He asked me to login and send my handover note but I told him I can't. He was trying hard to hold his laugh.

A month later, I was getting strange calls from unknown numbers. Maybe they wanted to know if I have committed suicide. By the grace of God I am gainfully employed.
https://www.nairaland.com/7242281/experience-banker

1 Like

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:50am On Jan 14
I know say marriage must join.such a fine lady.
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by skedman(m): 6:51am On Jan 14
It is the society that killed her with their unnecessary expectation which is depressing sometimes

Most parent are guilty of this

If you are not married they we ask you and begining to monitor you everyday why you are not married

If you are married they will start to check your stomach to know wether you are pregnant if not question will start

If you give birth to one they will ask question

If you use a car for long they will ask question

They don't want to know wether you are facing any challenge at all

They know them self

If you give birth
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by MrBroke(m): 7:50am On Jan 14
OGwales:

Live your own life 🧬🧬🧬

That's just it. People who follow or set their targets or goals to the trend of society when said goals or targets are not meant becomes unhappy.

Person like me, no get time. Life is vanity so I don't care about shit, if I get am I get am if I no get am i don't care na so I dey since I small

1 Like

Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by OGwales(m): 7:57am On Jan 14
GGIA:

may you be content with poverty. AMEN

Amen and you too... May you not lose your life trying to impress others 🙏
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by ReacherSaidNoth: 11:33am On Jan 14
If suicide is not an option why do people take it then?

We come into this harsh and horrible world with no choice in the matter, having the ability to end it all whenever we like is a small mercy.

Having said that, it should only be a last resort when our situation is truly terrible and without hope, unfortunately the mind can paint things to be worse than they really are.
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by ReacherSaidNoth: 11:35am On Jan 14
Mystery2020:
People laughed when I shared my experience working in a bank.

https://www.nairaland.com/7242281/experience-banker
Rickmann:

She yielded to societal pressure.
It's a pity.

May God rest her soul.
There's no need to quote the entire bloody post.
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by VaginaAcademic: 11:43am On Jan 14
Reasons for committing suicide may seem shallow but when you add clinical depression to it, it becomes worse and culminates in suicide. Always seek medical help when signs of depression show up there are medications and therapy for it, ake your mental health seriously.
Re: INSIDE LIFE: LATEST Updates On Female Banker Who Committed Suicide In Bank's To by Kajaard: 2:06pm On Jan 14
This is very sad.

The pressure the Nigerian society places on unmarried women is terrible. Too sad.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Steal From Husband, Rape Wife At Gunpoint / Two Ladies Fights Dirty At The Airport (photos) / The Travails Of Mr. Igwe Dennis Nwokpara: Robbed Abroad, Denied Justice At Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.