Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: (1033 Views)

A Documentary On Nairaland--- In Pictures!! / Is There An Increasing Number Of "Well Dressed Beggars" In Lagos Recently? / Implication Of Obama's Approval For Offshore Drilling In America On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: by NovellP: 5:34am On Nov 05, 2011
For True Documentary fans and for your Knowledge,

For your interest.  If it happens you are not into Documentary on cities across the World, for example like Lagos, Nigeria (the biggest city in Nigeria) as mentioned here, please disregard this message.  My sincere Apology.

I must admit, I recently saw a show just few days ago on the Documentary network station about the streets of Lagos City.  The Documentary is entitled, "Louis Theroux - Law and Disorder in Lagos."  It seems to have been shown on the BBC network TV station last year.  It's a documentary hosted by a British Journalist visiting Lagos in 2010 (last year), that shows who has the control of streets in Lagos.  Louis Theroux also spends time with the Area boys gang and the Government's Paramilitary task force.  I am happy to have recorded it.  It is almost exactly one hour in length and it is commercial free.  Guess what?  You too can also watch the whole documentary online.  To view the whole documentary, please feel free to view the link below and just click on the play Icon red button on the video for the video to start and to play for almost one hour.

http://documentaryheaven.com/louis-theroux-law-and-disorder-in-lagos/ (link to watch the whole documentary)

Oshodi, Lagos is shown during the Documentary.  They even showed a detailed walk inside the mansion of the Boss of the Area boys gang residing at Lagos, Nigeria.  He seems to be their boss.  As quoted on the link below, "The main income for the Area Boys is an arbitrary and unofficial form of taxation, extracted from local businesses and commercial drivers. Louis gets to know the rich and glamorous Area Boy leader MC, a former street youth himself, who has now become a friend of the most powerful men in the city."

http://louistheroux.com/programmes/lagos.php (on Law and Disorder on the Streets of Lagos City --- It also shows links to other cities across the World on your right hand side)

After watching the Documentary, MC doesn't even talk much.  His assistant is the one talking and answering all the questions on behalf of his boss known as MC.  The Documentary really enlightens one about the streets of Lagos city.  No question about it, there are some filthy rich people living at Lagos, Nigeria.  And then it shows how unfair some shop owners have to go through in owning a business on the streets of Lagos city.  I was amazed to see the Paramilitary task force destroying some shops with their heavy machines.  The reason given, were because the owners of the shops were warned in advance and they had no documents of whatsoever to show their building is legal to be built on the land. 

Just thought it will be great to share to you this recent Documentary which was broadcasted on the Documentary network.

Feel free to spread the words out.  Thank you.

Peace and God bless,

(1) (Reply)

Which Nairalander's Posts Do You Look Out For And Why? / Mysterious Flying Object Crashes Into Home In Ibadan / “I Enjoy Killing People” Says Ogwuche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.