Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Between Parent And Boss - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Parent And Boss (200 Views)

My Last Words Is What I Desperately Want To Tell Every Parent And Parents To Be. / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Parent And Boss by HandsomeHITLER(m): 9:41am On Jan 14
So I was on a call with my Dad and my boss called me for a task, I told my Dad I'll call him back. He said "between I and your boss who is more important?"

My boss was standing at the door... I just ended the call.

Was I wrong? What would you do if it were you?
Re: Between Parent And Boss by immortalcrown(m): 9:49am On Jan 14
Either this is a fiction or you and your dad are highly undisciplined.
Re: Between Parent And Boss by Skyfornia(m): 10:32am On Jan 14
HandsomeHITLER:
So I was on a call with my Dad and my boss called me for a task, I told my Dad I'll call him back. He said "between I and your boss who is more important?"

My boss was standing at the door... I just ended the call.

Was I wrong? What would you do if it were you?

Imagine!! You shouldn't have ended the call, you would have told your boss not to disturb your calls or conversations with your dad. Then slàp your boss if he insisted on disturbing you. Your dad will be very proud of you, and your dad will offer you a new job with private car. World people!
Re: Between Parent And Boss by yomi007k(m): 11:06am On Jan 14
Let your dad know that he is more important than your boss but you presently need the job and he (dad) wont be happy if you were without a job and skill asking him for stipends.

2 Likes

Re: Between Parent And Boss by Fahvvy: 1:36pm On Jan 14
You said your boss was standing by the door, so I'm guessing you were at work undecided...

In a work environment, your work and by extension your boss becomes a priority over things unless in cases of family emergencies undecided...

If I were in your shoes, I would've just laughed it off and be like "daddddy you know that you're my priority and my king, but I need the money to take care of you well na" grin...

"So make I answer my boss before them deny me my salary, I'll call you back okay?" undecided...

That should've done the trick

1 Like

Re: Between Parent And Boss by Emu4u2c: 10:58pm On Jan 14
You were very wrong.. first thing you are in your work environment.. you should not be with your phone..

If you were working in a bank would you have time for family calls?

You set yourself up and ask if you were wrong..

(1) (Reply)

My Sister-in-law Doesn't Care What You Think! | A Fun Day With The Girls / Miracle At 68: Woman Welcomes First Child / My Home Garden Is Flourishing | My Mother-in-law Is More Fit Than I Am!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.