Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma (6089 Views)

Visafone Nigeria Introduce Blackberry Services On Their CDMA Network / Configure CDMA Smartphones & Tablets To Work On Visafone - No longer working / I Need A Fone Dat Can Be Configured To Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by odoma(f): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2011
I
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by abariko1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
What I know is you can configure it to GSM services e.g Glo by just buying their sim and they will help you with the rest.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2011
You will have to go to their offices to find out or stick with using Wifi.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by lynxnoon(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2011
very very long thing cool
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by abariko1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2011
Talking about Wi-Fi, How can I configure mine cos mine is not permiting me to browse
Thanks.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
@abari
Make sure you enter the security settings properly. Wifi browsing is actually kooler than 3G but we don't have extensive Wifi networks here in Naija.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by abariko1(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2011
How are the security settings, is there any default pins?
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
I will help you say a prayer about it. grin
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Andrew3(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Yes its possible. Go to their office if you cant find a professional around. You can buy a cheap cdma phone and use advanced cdma
workshop to copy the psn, esn and iccid from the old cdma to your ipad, the previous cdma will have to be kept off then subscribe to data packet.

Note: Advanced cdma workshop may only be available to apple service centers and operator and is highly risky editing your baseband authentification
settings without experience.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by realkola: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2011
[b] I HAVE BEEN SELLING I- PAD PROIDUCTS FPOR THE PAST THREE YEARS NOW.
i HAVE SELL THIS PRODUCT TO INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES ALIKE

AND AS WELL TAKING IT TO MANY TRADE FAIR SHOW I CAN CONFIGURE WELL AS WELL ESPECIALLY WITH WIFI.
IT HAS REALLY TAKING ME ROUND AND AROUND NIGERIA THROUGH TRADE FAIR SHOWS

i WOULD BE BE AVAILABLE MYSELF IN THE NEXT TRADE FAIR SHOW THAT WILL BE IN PORT HARCOURT AND OWERRI
WE ARE JUST DONE WITH LAGOS AND ABUJA TRADE FAIR

ITS ALL FUN IT NICE TO IDENTIFY WITH OUR ROOT HAVE BEEN OUTTA THE COUNTRY FOR SOME TIMES NOW
ANYWAYS DONT MISS IT AS I UPDATE YOU WITH OTHER POSSIBILITY AND PICTURES OF THE TABLET - PC THAT U SHOULD EXPECT AT THOSE TRADE MENTIUONED EARLIER.

IN ANYCASE BE REST ASSURED THAT I LOVE U ALL EXPECT THE PICTURES
CALL FOR MORE DETAILS : 08037717482 , 08026102778 .
[/b]
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by DerMeister: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
If you bought an ipad for verizon/CDMA then you can't use it on a GSM network!, In this country u can only use it on starcomms or visafone networks. Go see their customer care/tech support for more advice.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by sulad82i(m): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
I think the CDMA version of the Ipad should be available as well  undecided cos Verizon's network is based on CDMA
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by sulad82i(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
Maybe u need to talk to them at starcomm
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
Na wa for you guys o.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by dastudent(m): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
Get mobitel aura mifi modem.That is what I am using with my iPad 2.plus it's faster than a typical gsm network.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by davidom: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
It can work on ZOOMmobile Network very well, mine is currently working on ZOOMmobile Network. Just try them. Good Luck.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by JayKid1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
There is really no good tech support anywhere in this country so i suggest u have to stick with wi-fi. wink
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by scopusng(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2011
Only ipad2 AT&T works with gsm why ipad2 Verizon works with wifi. Period.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:05am On Nov 23, 2011
Complex phone=complex problem
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Kc0022000(m): 2:11am On Nov 23, 2011
Unlock and Jailbreak the shit b4 taking it to naija then you shouldn't have any problem using it on
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by softtouch2(m): 6:02am On Nov 23, 2011
realkola:

AND AS WELL TAKING IT TO MANY TRADE FAIR SHOW I CAN CONFIGURE WELL AS WELL ESPECIALLY WITH WIFI.

i WOULD BE BE AVAILABLE MYSELF IN THE NEXT TRADE FAIR SHOW THAT WILL BE IN PORT HARCOURT AND OWERRI

ITS ALL FUN IT NICE TO IDENTIFY WITH OUR ROOT HAVE BEEN OUTTA THE COUNTRY FOR SOME TIMES NOW
ANYWAYS DONT MISS IT AS I UPDATE YOU WITH OTHER POSSIBILITY AND PICTURES OF THE TABLET - PC THAT U SHOULD EXPECT AT THOSE TRADE MENTIUONED EARLIER.

[/b]

iPad came out January 27, 2010. I bought mine 2 months later in Nigeria. So, which iPad have you been selling for the past 3 years?
Fake, fake, fake, fake.
Better go re-polish your lies grin grin or go get better work, una dey spoil Nigerian name everywhere. undecided undecided
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by softtouch2(m): 6:13am On Nov 23, 2011
odoma:

I mistakenly bought and ipad 2 on verizon 3g wirelss for someone . Only to learn later that it works only on CDMA and has no sim slot, does anyone know if it could be configured to work on starcomms or visafone thanks.

Easy way for you is to tether your CDMA connection on Starcomms via Wifi. Then activate wifi on your iPad to get the connection.
How to do wifi tethering depends on your Laptop or Desktop system?. If your are using Apple Mac, the Wifi is inbuilt with wireless router, hence any connection on ur Mac can be turn to Wifi in less than a minute.
But if you are using Normal Laptop, you will need wireless router, a very long way indeed.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2011
soft-touch:

iPad came out January 27, 2010. I bought mine 2 months later in Nigeria. So, which iPad have you been selling for the past 3 years?
Fake, fake, fake, fake.
Better go re-polish your lies grin grin or go get better work, una dey spoil Nigerian name everywhere. undecided undecided

Guy why you dey vex now , he might not be wrong you know. He has been selling I- PAD and not iPad
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by damola1: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2011
a
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by odoma(f): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2011
T
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by AjanleKoko: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2011
odoma:

Thanks for all your responses, am actually using a starcomms mifi to browse on my ipad which is cool for now,just incase anyone wants an ipad from the USA , make sure u specify GSM and that AT & T in the US. meanwhile it seems browsing with wifi has more advantages on ipad in terms od download restrictions and of course the use of Face Time.

I think you just solved your problem yourself.
Basically you can use any of the mifi products from the GSM or CDMA operators to surf. That way you don't need to worry about settings.
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Woke4all(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2011
realkola:

[/b]
Anybody when go dis trade fare no go ever return with him ipad grin cheesy
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by Woke4all(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2011
realkola:

[/b]
Anybody when go dis trade fare no go ever return with him ipad grin cheesy
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by realkola: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE TYPO - ERROR.
I INTEND TO WRITE ONE YEAR.
BUT MISTAKENLY WROTE 3 YEARS.

GREATER APOLOGY TO ALL MY BELOVED BUYERS AND CUSTOMERS OUT THERE
I CAN NEVER BETRAY YOUR TRUST

AND TO THE NAIRALANDER IN SORRY ONCE AGAIN
ITS SHEER TYPING ERROR.

I MEAN ONE YEAR AND NOT 3 YEARS.

RICHARD
Re: Can Ipad Be Configured To Work With Starcomms Cdma by ogbongzky(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
Only if you can connect the iPad to to Starcomm via wifi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Wonder Of This Small Data Cable Called OTG / GLO BIS Working On Android Without Changing IMEI - Practically!!! / Gionee Marathon M6 Full Specification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.