Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! (96 Views)

What Power Does The Devil Have? / Coronavirus Is Changing The Way Muslims Worship Across The World / What Power Draws People To Christian Crusades? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Imka: 5:49am On Jan 21
I was studying the bible yesterday and I felt I was seeing thing's when I came across this verse:

‭‭Luke‬ ‭17:34‭-‬35‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[34] I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. [35] Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

I was pretty sure that the Bible I know and have been reading since childhood NEVER stated the above. " two men in one bed" ? Oh come on now

"Two women grinding together" ?? Yeah right

Interestingly, I also found changes in the parable of the old wine skins:

‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:37‭-‬38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

[37] And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. [38] But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

For as long as I can remember, the above verse has always been about putting new wine Into old wineskins. How come about bottles now?

Interestingly the NKJV of the bible maintains integrity and has the verses correct still, and a few other versions as well, but for how long......? Shockingly my trusty old print version of the KJV reflects these changes as well. what in the CERN is going on?
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by funshint(m): 5:57am On Jan 21
It's your mind that's the issue here. Grinding together means actually grinding wheat or any other cereal. It's a common thing back then
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by LEARNPYTHON(m): 6:04am On Jan 21
grin
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by chiommy123(f): 6:05am On Jan 21
New versions of the bible trys to break words, sentences into simpler terms for better understanding
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Imka: 6:44am On Jan 21
funshint:
It's your mind that's the issue here. Grinding together means actually grinding wheat or any other cereal. It's a common thing back then

I hope you're not dumb. Did you actually read , or you just cannot comprehend.
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Natbrowny: 6:53am On Jan 21
funshint:
Lets assume u r right

Op is right too on many grounds

They have changed all the English u know.

To them they r making it simpler (that's a lie)
To others, ur orientation about it changes after reading too many times

U cant read that verse more than 10 times and not developed a meaning in todays world

THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGING THE BIBLE SINCE 1990.
They have a mission to erase the words and create a new meaning.

Not a conspiracy theorist but look around

Gayism and lesbianism approved
Male n female and now others, approved too
Television and media doing sh*t in pushing agendas
Most Disney cartoons now have pedophilic logos ingrained in them
Vaccinated people in covid are still dying while unvaccinated are alive n well
Wars are planned n engineered to reduce population
A new disease may probably come again and it won't be another 100 years. Its soooooon.

They r playin the role of a creator
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 7:08am On Jan 21
Imka:
I was studying the bible yesterday and I felt I was seeing thing's when I came across this verse:

‭‭Luke‬ ‭17:34‭-‬35‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[34] I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. [35] Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

I was pretty sure that the Bible I know and have been reading since childhood NEVER stated the above. " two men in one bed" ? Oh come on now

"Two women grinding together" ?? Yeah right

It is your perverted mind at work. In bed together means to work with a person or organization.which is shown by the women grinding.
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by ITbomb(m): 7:28am On Jan 21
It has always been there. I have an old Bible my father used, and I confirm it.

In view of modern reality, your brain has attached a new meaning to an otherwise interpretation

1 Like

Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Righthussle: 7:40am On Jan 21
Tr
Re: What Power Is Changing Verses In The Bible ??!!!! by Iamanoited: 7:52am On Jan 21
"UNDERSTANDING DISCERNS LIFE".

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Scammers: Protecting Yourself In Whatsapp Spirituality Of Brotherhood / The Knowledge Of God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/02/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.