Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Is The Church Now A Joke? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Church Now A Joke? (1772 Views)

Photo: Apc Church Now In Aba / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Church Now A Joke? by MSItachi: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
I saw this in abuja yesterday and I had to just stop to snap them.

Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by MSItachi: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
Another one

Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by omobadan(m): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2011
lol ;d
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2011
MSItachi:

I saw this in abuja yesterday and I had to just stop to snap them.
Pastor Rambo!!! Part 1.
Coming 11-11-11, BE THERE!!!!!!!

This is hilarious and what makes it even more absurd is that people are actually going to go and give him their money.

God punish the devil with koboko. Jesus needs to come back on his flying unicorn and save his black sheep from these "end of days" false prophets.

Christianity= Metaphysical Comedy!
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by ranlaen: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2011
sad sad
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

Pastor Rambo!!! Part 1.
Coming 11-11-11, BE THERE!!!!!!!

This is hilarious and what makes it even more absurd is that people are actually going to go and give him their money.

God punish the devil with koboko. Jesus needs to come back on his flying unicorn and save his black sheep from these "end of days" false prophets.

Trust you fallacy believer to come and land a cheap shot. grin

You obviously know that the majority of Christians on Nairaland and the world at large do not fall for these sorts of gimmicks.

For now continue looking for meaning in life , you might just get there before you die. cool
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2011
frosbel:

Trust you fallacy believer to come and land a cheap shot. grin
You obviously know that the majority of Christians on Nairaland and the world at large do not fall for these sorts of gimmicks.
For now continue looking for meaning in life , you might just get there before you die. cool

lol, this is not a cheap shot because majority of christians do fall for these gimmicks. Why do Adeboye, Bonnke, Oyaks, Oyedepo, Fire man( grin f#cking ridiculous), Td Jakes, Creflo Dollar, the pope, archbishops, TB joshua, your pastor, Ashimolowo, osteen etc all command huge followings? Because majority of christians are ignorant buffoons.

e.g Joagbaje and the CEC gang, Frosbel( always calling other people's beliefs fairy tales when yours is just as ridiculous and you are sa anctimonious douche because you don't even see that what you accuse other people of is actually in your big book of bad ideas), HISChild etc
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by plappville(f): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2011
No the church is not a joking place, so its not and cannot be a joke.!
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
plappville:

Evidence suggests otherwise.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by alaper: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

lol, this is not a cheap shot because majority of christians do fall for these gimmicks. Why do Adeboye, Bonnke, Oyaks, Oyedepo, Fire man( grin f#cking ridiculous), Td Jakes, Creflo Dollar, the pope, archbishops, TB joshua, your pastor, Ashimolowo, osteen etc all command huge followings? Because majority of christians are ignorant buffoons.

e.g Joagbaje and the CEC gang, Frosbel( always calling other people's beliefs fairy tales when yours is just as ridiculous and you are sanctimonious douche because you don't even see that what you accuse other people of is actually in your big book of bad ideas), HISChild etc

Religious people NEED their beliefs to give their lives a meaning.  That is why they hold on to it firmly like a drowning man.  No matter how ridiculous it looks, there is this big hole in their lives which religion fills. And all other religions are false!   Have you noticed how 'miracles' in one religion are viewed with scepticism by adherents of another religion, or even a different strand of the same religion.  But if it from the same sect------  Oh!! signs and wonders are happening!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
alaper:

Religious people NEED their beliefs to give their lives a meaning.  That is why they hold on to it firmly like a drowning man.  No matter how ridiculous it looks, there is this big hole in their lives which religion fills. And all other religions are false!     Have you noticed how 'miracles' in one religion are viewed with scepticism by adherents of another religion, or even a different strand of the same religion.  But if it from the same sect------  Oh!! signs and wonders are happening!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

True! People have a right to believe in whatever helps them deal with the absurdities of life but these monotheists tend to shove their BS down everyone else's throats. Believe whatever makes you sleep at night but when you insist on demonizing other people's beliefs because of some primitive ideas in a work of fiction, you deserve to be ridiculed and mocked.

Some ignorant christians in Mississippi are trying to declare a fertilized egg as a human and outlaw abortion because of their beliefs while ignoring that not everyone drinks their particular brand of kool aid. Just one example out of many concerning the joke called christianity.

Then the muslims in northern nigeria that insist on being ignorant cave dwellers.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
alaper:

Religious people NEED their beliefs to give their lives a meaning.

And what is wrong with that.

That is why they hold on to it firmly like a drowning man.  No matter how ridiculous it looks, there is this big hole in their lives which religion fills.

It depends on what you mean by hole.

Rather drown with faith than die a FOOL.

And all other religions are false!   Have you noticed how 'miracles' in one religion are viewed with scepticism by adherents of another religion, or even a different strand of the same religion.  But if it from the same sect------  Oh!! signs and wonders are happening!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only one can be right , think about it.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by alaper: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
Obviously, that will be your own!!!!!
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

True! People have a right to believe in whatever helps them deal with the absurdities of life but these monotheists tend to shove their BS down everyone else's throats. Believe whatever makes you sleep at night but when you insist on demonizing other people's beliefs because of some primitive ideas in a work of fiction, you deserve to be ridiculed and mocked.

Some ignorant christians in Mississippi are trying to declare a fertilized egg as a human and outlaw abortion because of their beliefs while ignoring that not everyone drinks their particular brand of kool aid. Just one example out of many concerning the joke called christianity.

Then the muslims in northern nigeria that insist on being ignorant cave dwellers.

And behold here was Martin, the most enlightened one, his followers asked him, dear Martin, what is the purpose of life and what shall happen when we die.

Sharaaaaap, replied Martin, what do I know and what do I care , live for now, we are no better than animals , see that ape down the valley , well that’s what we were and we are not much different today.

Surely enlightened one, his followers replied, if we are no less than animals, what is it you have that we should desire  undecided . We called you enlightened one, because you sound so intellectual and seemed to have the answers to all the questions of life , but now we think otherwise.

No more shall we call you the enlightened one, more like the deluded one, Bye Marin they all chanted in unison.

I could care less said Martin, bagger off, the lot of you , let me carry on living a meaningless life, better that than believing in God the almighty.

hope you liked my little made up tale grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2011
frosbel:

And behold here was Martin, the most enlightened one, his followers asked him, dear Martin, what is the purpose of life and what shall happen when we die.
Sharaaaaap, replied Martin, what do I know and what do I care , live for now, we are no better than animals , see that ape down the valley , well that’s what we were and we are not much different today.
Surely enlightened one, his followers replied, if we are no less than animals, what is it you have that we should desire undecided . We called you enlightened one, because you sound so intellectual and seemed to have the answers to all the questions of life , but now we think otherwise.
No more shall we call you the enlightened one, more like the deluded one, Bye Marin they all chanted in unison.
I could care less said Martin, bagger off, the lot of you , let me carry on living a meaningless life, better that than believing in God the almighty.
hope you liked my little made up tale grin grin grin grin

Bunkum.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

Bunkum.

Good , now go away and let Christians debate a Christian article cool
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Kay17: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
@frosbel
you are a man of fallacies! If life is actually meaningless, does that mean its not true? NO! So please avoid fallacies of consequence!
Besides, what's the importance of a man to the entire universe?
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by plaetton: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
plappville:

It is a joke. It has always been a joke. The Europeans who brought this religion to our land were, at least, bit more circumspect with regards to their overall agendas. But the desperately greedy Nigerians have no need for pretence anymore. Christianity is out of the closet. We can all see her unclothedness.
But pius fraud is nothing new. Pope Leo X,in th 15th century is on record as having said thus " This myth of christ has served us most profiatbly".
@frosbel:
Far majority of Nigerians fall these kinds of crap. Its a joke for those that by the crap and its a serious business of money and power for those that sell the crap.

Are you a buyer or seller?

@K17, Frosbel is woman. Can't you read through her?
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by HISchild: 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" -1 Pet 4:17-18

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her." - Rev 18:4-8
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
HISchild:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" -1 Pet 4:17-18

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her." - Rev 18:4-8

Oct 21 has come and gone, why are you still alive? Did  your sky daddy miss the deadline again?
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by mazaje(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

Oct 21 has come and gone, why are you still alive? Did  your sky daddy miss the deadline again?

I wonder why he keeps posting here. . . .I thought he vowed that the world will end this year?. . .
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2011
plaetton:

It is a joke. It has always been a joke. The Europeans who brought this religion to our land were, at  least, bit more circumspect with regards to their overall agendas.

Now this is what I call funny, the Europeans did indeed amongst their ranks have genuine believers of the gospel who had no ulterior motives for their assistance to the native peoples.

And just for the records , can we kindly try and sound more like researchers and not bandwagonists who just parrot everything they hear such as 'Christianity is the White man's religion'. Not  true. Christianity at its inception was made up of mostly Jews, over the decades it spread across the whole middle east and even into Africa. Please read history.

We should be thankful for Christianity , many of us will not be where we are today if it was not for the Christian missionaries , their strict discipline, grammar school education and introduction to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our parents were trained in these schools, in turn they were able to train their children more effectively.

Let us look at the good side, no more witch burning ( a few cases far and between ) , no more killing baby twins, no more female mutilation ( a few cases far and between ) , an almost total eradication of superstition etc etc . the list is endless. Be grateful.

And you do have to be made aware that the brand of Christianity the true disciples brought was not this nonsense and madness practised in Nigeria today. It was real practical Christianity with no label of church or special MOG.

It is our individual responsibility to find out the truth and real purpose in life.

But the desperately greedy Nigerians have no need for pretence anymore.

Not all Nigerians are desperate and not all desperate Nigerians are greedy. Many of us have a good education , good jobs and live a contented lifestyle. You do not have to be desperate to know God, that is a lazy man's argument, but then again most atheists are lazy  grin

Christianity is out of the closet. We can all see her unclothedness.

False Christianity is out in the closet, there is no doubt about that. This is perhaps the most damning statement Jesus made against the end time worldly , materialistic brand of Christianity.

To the Church in Laodicea

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
   These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16[b] So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth[/b]. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and Unclad. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful unclothedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

But pius fraud is nothing new. Pope Leo X,in th 15th century is on record as having said thus " This myth of christ has served us most profiatbly".

Indeed as I have often said , the Catholic church is a fraud, if you want to know Christ read the bible and stop this lazy attitude of looking for God in men or things.

Far majority of  Nigerians fall these kinds of crap. Its a joke for those that by the crap and its a serious business of money and power for those that sell the crap.

Indeed, it is.

Are you  a buyer or seller?

neither

@K17, Frosbel is woman. Can't you read through her?

Woman  undecided
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
mazaje:

I wonder why he keeps posting here. . . .I thought he vowed that the world will end this year?. . .

mazaje aka last one standing , as one of your colleagues recently said, grin
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by justhappy: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2011
@martian and @Mazaje With all jokes aside, @HISchild is a perfect example of the delusion and hypocrisy that he claims are in the churches. He LOVES to talk about how he the churches are under God's judgment. But HISchild will never say what judgment he and his leader Harold Camping are under. Harold Camping has even now said May 21 and Oct 21 were wrong dates. @Hischild claims the May 21 judgment did occur and that the world will end this year. How is he any different from Fraudulent churches he speaks against? He claims we should flee the churches and read the bible on our own. But we can clearly see from @HISchild what reading the bible on one's own and creating one's own interpretations leads to. Religion is quite dangerous in the things it can lead people to believe and do and @HISchild is the perfect example.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by MSItachi: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2011
Let Alll men be fully convinced in their minds. We have false prophets amongst us
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by mazaje(m): 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2011
frosbel:

Not true. Christianity at its inception was made up of mostly Jews, over the decades it spread across the whole middle east and even into Africa. Please read history.

Pls stop bandying this lie, christianity at its inception was the religion of the gentiles, believers according to the bible where first called christians in Antioch(Turkey) not in Jerusalem. . . .If the Romans had not adopted christianity it would have died long ago. .The romans made it what it is today. . .
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2011
mazaje:

Pls stop bandying this lie, christianity at its inception was the religion of the gentiles, believers according to the bible where first called christians in Antioch(Turkey) not in Jerusalem. . . .If the Romans had not adopted christianity it would have died long ago. .The romans made it what it is today. . .

Christianity started after the resurrection of Christ whatever your contrary accusation maybe.

The fact that they were first called Christians in Antioch means nothing.

Romans politicised Christianity hence the catholic church,  through the fake conversion of Emperor Constantine.

However the main body of Christ over the past millennia has  survived   persecutions, massacres , ostracization , ridicule and all sorts of rejection , but they have marched on and laid their lives down for their love for God and mankind.

As we speak , in middle east, Asia , parts of Africa, Christians are still been killed for their faith and love for God.

Most of what you see in Nigeria is not Gospel but fraudspel.

This remnant still exists today in the millions scattered across the globe.

On a more serious note, I am worried for Nigerians like you who think it is cool to be an atheist , copying the recent development in godless Europe ( white man's atheism religion ) . Let me tell you , it does not make you an intellectual , rather in the eyes of GOD you are proud deceived fellow who needs to repent urgently before it is too late.

I say this out of LOVE .
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by plappville(f): 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2011
plaetton:

It is a joke. It has always been a joke. The Europeans who brought this religion to our land were, at  least, bit more circumspect with regards to their overall agendas. But the desperately greedy Nigerians have no need for pretence anymore. Christianity is out of the closet. We can all see her unclothedness.

I will not agree with u, nor argue with u. But know ye that christianity/church is no joke.
Christians are to dedicate themselves to greater service to the Lord and to truly experience the Joy of their salvation. Whosoever that try to toy with the lord toys with his/her life.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.(Ephesians 4:29)

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.(Ephesians 5:4)
This is the word of the lord concerning this thread.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by joyuchesun: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
Church is not a joke. Some people have learned how to use it to exploit others, but you can find this in any area of life business, relationships, etc. Human beings are behind churches and so some human beings are just corrupt. The institution of church does many great things in the community and for its congregations. So, it is wrong to make this false conclusion.
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by mazaje(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2011
frosbel:

Christianity started after the resurrection of Christ whatever your contrary accusation maybe.

The fact that they were first called Christians in Antioch means nothing.

It means a lot cos the people that started the movement and made it what it has become today are NOT Jews but Gentiles. . .All of the NT were written in Koine Greek not in Aramaic. . .

Romans politicised Christianity hence the catholic church,  through the fake conversion of Emperor Constantine.

You are a christian today ONLY because the Romans adopted the christian religion and proselytized it all over their territories. . .The people that brought the religion to your fore fathers were not Jews. . . .

the main body of Christ over the past millennia has  survived   persecutions, massacres , ostracization , ridicule and all sorts of rejection , but they have marched on and laid their lives down for their love for God and mankind.

Which is the main body of christ? Those that subscribe to your own version and interpretation of the bible?. . .No such thing exist. . .Even the writers of the bible had different ideas and conception of who their God weas to them hence the many contradictions that abound in the book. . . .The same missionaries that brought the religion to your fore fathers where the same people that enslaved them, no? Talk about love of God and humans. . .Your bible is full of your chosen men of God enslaving and killing others because of their lands or because they worship other Gods, no?. . .

As we speak , in middle east, Asia , parts of Africa, Christians are still been killed for their faith and love for God.

Christians have killed many for practicing other faiths as well, so what are you saying?. . .

Most of what you see in Nigeria is not Gospel but fraudspel.

This remnant still exists today in the millions scattered across the globe.

Your own opinion. . .

On a more serious note, I am worried for Nigerians like you who think it is cool to be an atheist , copying the recent development in godless Europe ( white man's atheism religion ) . Let me tell you , it does not make you an intellectual , rather in the eyes of GOD you are proud deceived fellow who needs to repent urgently before it is too late.

I say this out of LOVE .

I am not an atheist because its cool to be one. . .Some years ago I was just like you, just found out that I was deceived all along. . . .In the eyes of you and those that wallow in your bubble of delusion I might be proud or deceived but the REALITY is that you are the one wallowing in the bubble of delusion. . .
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^

I can only conclude ,as I have again and again that atheists are mentally lazy.

If this is what you have come up with after a so called research, then I need to help you do some proper investigative work grin
Re: Is The Church Now A Joke? by plappville(f): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2011

I am not an atheist because its cool to be one. . .Some years ago I was just like you, just found out that I was deceived all along. . . .In the eyes of you and those that wallow in your bubble of delusion I might be proud or deceived but the REALITY is that you are the one wallowing in the bubble of delusion. . .

With ur post, it shows u are a backslider, and ur reason was because u were decieved, How? and Who decieved u all along?

(1) (Reply)

The Lies Of My Pastor / Have You Seen A Witch Before? / The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.