Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced (717 Views)

QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 12th April 2015 / Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by HighChief4(m): 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has hailed QPR as the toughest opponents they have faced away from the Etihad stadium so far this season following a hard-fought 3-2 win over Neil Warnock’s men.
Rangers took the lead through Jay Bothroyd before being pegged back by a Dzeko strike and clever David Silva goal, but they grabbed an equaliser themselves in the 69th minute thanks to Heidar Helguson.

Back came Roberto Mancini's side though, and Yaya Toure secured the win with a header 16 minutes from time.

Despite beating Warnock’s side, Dzeko had nothing but admiration for QPR, claiming City haven’t had a harder match away from home so far this term.

"It was a really tough match but in the end we can be happy,” the Bosnian told ESPN.

"I think this is the best team we have played against away from home this season and I want to give my compliments to Queens Park Rangers.

"I was really surprised with how well they played, especially in the first half and then later on in the second half with the way they came back after we had gone ahead."

After a fairly tame first half effort from City, Toure claimed the aim at half time was to dig in and continue to work hard, while the Ivorian also spoke about how he is enjoying his current goal-scoring form.

He said: "At half-time the message was to continue to play hard because it is difficult to play away from home and especially with QPR and the way they were playing made the game very tough.

"They put us under pressure in the first half which was difficult but that is a fantastic result for us in the end.

"The team is working well and I'm very happy with what I have done for the team but the most important thing is the team as a whole and if we can continue like that it will be fantastic."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/05/2744627/edin-dzeko-believes-qpr-are-the-best-team-manchester-city
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by HighChief4(m): 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
Yeah, we all know Man United was the easiest grin grin grin
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by Brisingr(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2011
city needs to be humbled.
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by HighChief4(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^They must have humbled your team b4 rite
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by Brisingr(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2011
yeah utd
am sure u must be a chelsea fan so just chill city is comin for u.
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by HighChief4(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^Thought you wanted someone to humble them, it could be chelsea you know
Re: Dzeko: Qpr Are The Best Team We Have Faced by KayDee4: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
. . . . .wait till you meet ARSENAL

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal To Sign Nigerian Star U17 International Players / Hilarious Caption Of Akin Alabi... / Chelsea Vs Arsenal 3-1 2017 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.