Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) (2545 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / 16 Famous Nigerian Airlines That No Longer Exist / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Chibrownz: 10:39pm On Jan 21
History’s got its twists, and some countries had their time in the spotlight, but they’re no longer on the map. Let’s dive into the tales of 8 countries that waved goodbye:

1. Prussia

Once a Euro powerhouse, Prussia faded away after World War II. The treaty of Potsdam split it between Poland, the Soviet Union, and now it’s part of Germany.

2. Yugoslavia

Born after World War I, this union of Slavic pals in Southeast Europe didn’t last. In the ’90s, ethnic tensions split it into countries like Serbia and Croatia.

Number 6 And 8 Will surprise you

Read More: https://africalevel.com/8-countries-that-no-longer-exist/
Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Omoboricash(m): 1:30am On Jan 22
La xlick la die

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by imagrg(m): 5:19am On Jan 22
I don't want to read further for fear of seeing Naija on the list grin

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 6:59am On Jan 22
Omoboricash:
La xlick la die

What if you now mistakenly clicked on it?
Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Mcmichaelin1: 8:24am On Jan 22
Many people don high in this country
Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by favour32(m): 8:25am On Jan 22
La click la mumu.
Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by ITbomb(m): 8:34am On Jan 22
Most countries in Europe have all split along ethnic lines, but they will send weapons to Nigeria to keep Nigeria one because of oil

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by PonzlHater(f): 9:24am On Jan 22
Here:

3. The Ottoman Empire

Once ruling like a boss, the Ottoman Empire called it quits after World War I. Now, its lands are shared by Turkey, Iraq, and Syria.

4. East Germany

From 1949 to 1990, East Germany was a communist gig. When the Berlin Wall fell, so did it, merging back with West Germany.

5. Czechoslovakia

Formed after World War I, Czechoslovakia united Czechs and Slovaks. But in ’93, it split due to tensions, giving birth to two separate nations.

6. Rhodesia

A Southern African British hangout, Rhodesia went solo in 1965. Ignored by the world, it fizzled out in 1980, turning into today’s Zimbabwe.

7. Republic of Texas

In 1836, Texas said, “Adiós, Mexico!” forming the Republic of Texas. But in 1845, the U.S. said, “Howdy, Texas!” and it became a state.

8. Confederate States Of America

During the Civil War, some southern states went, “We’re out!” forming the Confederacy. But post-war, it bowed out of the stage.

Countries come and go, but their stories stick around, weaving the tapestry of our past.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by thesicilian: 10:19am On Jan 22
There's one that exists purely online, it has a flag, a president and two Prime Ministers (one in jail, one in exile), no parliament and no currency

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Olachase(m): 10:34am On Jan 22
thesicilian:
There's one that exists purely online, it has a flag, a president and two Prime Ministers (one in jail, one in exile), no parliament and no currency
make god no allow them kill you grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by GreatChizzy: 11:18am On Jan 22
thesicilian:
😆 🤣 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Omoboricash(m): 11:33am On Jan 22
Westerhoffe:

What if you now mistakenly clicked on it?
never. I am a very detailed person
Re: Unbelievable: 8 Countries That No Longer Exist (photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22
Omoboricash:
never. I am a very detailed person

OK…
Good for you.

(1) (Reply)

Bored! Is There Any Young Nigerian In Baltimore, MD Area? / Ielts For Ukvi 10 July 2021 Results Withheld / From Owerri To Calabar, I Learnt A Very Big Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.