Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Investment In Agriculture - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Investment In Agriculture (241 Views)

Strawberry Farming: The New Goldmine In Agriculture. / Nigeria Could Lead Africa To Innovative Future In Agriculture By Approving GMO / Missing Student Of University Of Agriculture Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment In Agriculture by Jaizy: 2:20pm On Jan 24
Hello!

I am a Nigerian, passionate about Nigeria and the growth of Nigeria. I am very well aware that agriculture is an integral sector for the sustainable growth and development of any society. I have come to realise that many Nigerians do not like farming, do not like to produce, but rather want to consume. Sadly, we cannot grow this way as a country, and even more sadly, unemployed and underemployed Nigerians still do not see agriculture as an option. How bad if you ask me.

Growing up as a kid, farming was something I really enjoyed doing. I was actively involved in the cultivation of beans, corn, groundnut and potatoes. Several times, produce from the small farm in my family compound saved us from hunger. In the mornings, I will stroll to the farm at the back of the house, harvest some potatoes, go to the kitchen, wash the potatoes, peel off the back, wash it, fry it, and breakfast is served!

Right now, due to the nature of my work, I cannot directly be involved in farming, no matter how hard I try. As a result, I have thought to support (by investment) local farmers who are highly passionate about agriculture (prefereably someone with a degree in the Agricultural sciences or related field) and has some experience in agriculture. A degree in agriculture may not be needed if the person can prove that they have at least 3 years of continuous experience in agriculture.

If you are (or if you know anyone who is) highly interested in agriculture (whatever type - but prefarably cocoa, rubber, palm oil, diary, or similar high value agro products), kindly invite them to contact me on whatsapp They should say what they are currently doing, provide pictures of their farm if possible, and say why they need investment in their business.

Modified:
1) I am interested in funding a young person interested in agriculture.
2) I am not interested in funding an already established company or corporation.
3) My target is young entrepreneurial Nigerians with interest in agriculture.
4) I am not interested in someone who is actively seeking some other form of employment - who will abandon the farm when they get a job somewhere.
5) I am not interested in funding someone who is actively making plans to migrate from Nigeria and abandon their farm.
6) Previous nairaland posts showing interest in agriculture will be an added advantage.
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:
If interested, kindly share your profile, and pictures of your farm (if you have).

Whatsapp Zero Eight Zero Six Four Five Five Three Five Six Five
Re: Investment In Agriculture by Jaizy: 5:20am On Jan 25
Re: Investment In Agriculture by siant: 10:07am On Jan 25
I suspect you're a scammer. Why using different monikers? Why moved from agriculture section to family?

Re: Investment In Agriculture by Alooone: 7:09am On Jan 27
Hello am interested please
Re: Investment In Agriculture by Jaizy: 12:16pm On Jan 30
A
Re: Investment In Agriculture by akinfemio: 8:45am On Feb 01
Don't get interested oo,this guy is online scammer I swear

(1) (Reply)

If You Buy 1gb Internet Data For 229 Naira, This Is NOT For You! / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your State? / A Stress-free Service For All Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.