Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Where Has Our Outrage Gone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Has Our Outrage Gone? (340 Views)

Lady Sparks Outrage As She Pierces Her Baby's Nose (Photo) / A Pregnant Woman's Maternity Photoshoot Sparks Outrage On Facebook (Photos) / Outrage As Boy Dances With A Big Lady. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by twilliamx(m): 6:35am On Feb 01
The other day on Nairaland I read of how an 8 year old girl was kidnapped from her school in ogun state, her body was later recovered with her feet and hand chopped off.
This broke my heart so much because she is about the age of my daughter. The next day I expected it to be on many news medium, I expected people in her ogun to rise and protest but nothing of such happened! She was just another number in the statistic. We are now so used to horrible news that our natural human emotion/reaction of rage and pain and sorrow has eroded away with just the stroke of a finger on our phones " on to the next".
The sight of that little girl laying in the bush really brought great sorrow to me, I could imagine her last moment when she finally realizes that her captor viewed her just like a goat and the value of her life whether she wanted to become a doctor, lawyer or an engineer meant nothing to him/her. She was just a means to a very cheap end. I hope the beast had decency to at least snuff her life out before dismembering her.
This is a wake up call to all parents/decent human being, we need to bring back our outrage and we as a people need to fight this evil that lurks amongst us, we need to come together to become a formidable force and be ready to bear arms to defend our kids against this demons in human skin that see our lives and that of our precious kids as a means to an end. We need to take the battle to them, We need to be "all for one and one for all"
That could have been anybody's kid in any part of the country, our children should not be afraid to live their lives,
The little angel just wanted to go school and become somebody, all the nurture and love spent on her by her parents snuffed out like a candle in the wind. Left alone in the forest. She would have been screaming for mommy and daddy but no came to her rescue from the beast. We need to start identifying the beast in our communities and snuff them out. We have allowed this fester for too long. We have become too lilly livered. Our ancestors will truly be ashamed of us.
I cry as I write this on how cheap the precious life of a child has become, I cry because my people are failing to see that if we do not band together and stop this now. We won't even be able to walk on our streets anymore. Evil can never overcome good, we need to reignite the warrior spirit of old , which abound in our ancestors! They will die defending their homes, community ,family and lifestyle, they will not sit back and fold their hands while their homes burnt.
We need to call for the right to bear Arms. The situation right now demands that we are always armed. No one is safe and no where is safe.
May God protect us from the evil that watches us while we are not watching..
Excuse my typo. Am writing from a place of pain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by talented321: 6:55am On Feb 01
Interesting writeup..
Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by Free2Fly: 7:22am On Feb 01
twilliamx:
The other day on Nairaland I read of how an 8 year old girl was kidnapped from her school in ogun state, her body was later recovered with her feet and hand chopped off.
This broke my heart so much because she is about the age of my daughter. The next day I expected it to be on many news medium, I expected people in her ogun to rise and protest but nothing of such happened! She was just another number in the statistic. We are now so used to horrible news that our natural human emotion/reaction of rage and pain and sorrow has eroded away with just the stroke of a finger on our phones " on to the next".
The sight of that little girl laying in the bush really brought great sorrow to me, I could imagine her last moment when she finally realizes that her captor viewed her just like a goat and the value of her life whether she wanted to become a doctor, lawyer or an engineer meant nothing to him/her. She was just a means to a very cheap end. I hope the beast had decency to at least snuff her life out before dismembering her.
This is a wake up call to all parents/decent human being, we need to bring back our outrage and we as a people need to fight this evil that lurks amongst us, we need to come together to become a formidable force and be ready to bear arms to defend our kids against this demons in human skin that see our lives and that of our precious kids as a means to an end. We need to take the battle to them, We need to be "all for one and one for all"
That could have been anybody's kid in any part of the country, our children should not be afraid to live their lives,
The little angel just wanted to go school and become somebody, all the nurture and love spent on her by her parents snuffed out like a candle in the wind. Left alone in the forest. She would have been screaming for mommy and daddy but no came to her rescue from the beast. We need to start identifying the beast in our communities and snuff them out. We have allowed this fester for too long. We have become too lilly livered. Our ancestors will truly be ashamed of us.
I cry as I write this on how cheap the precious life of a child has become, I cry because my people are failing to see that if we do not band together and stop this now. We won't even be able to walk on our streets anymore. Evil can never overcome good, we need to reignite the warrior spirit of old , which abound in our ancestors! They will die defending their homes, community ,family and lifestyle, they will not sit back and fold their hands while their homes burnt.
We need to call for the right to bear Arms. The situation right now demands that we are always armed. No one is safe and no where is safe.

Having 2 boys at home who are currently around that age, i was also greatly perturbed and enraged

But how would the yorubas in Ogun state protest or see anything wrong with that when the igbos are their only/major problem in Nigeria??

How/why would they protest when their action would discredit their small god, Tinubu, and makes it appear as though he's not working?

It's terrible and unfortunate, i must tell you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by Cassandraloius: 7:52am On Feb 01
This is nothing but the truth, and nigerian's hate the truth.
They prefer the bad things that are happening, they will just express shock and move on.

1 Like

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by cococandy(f): 8:05am On Feb 01
I feel the same way.
People have become way too numb to things that should anger us and have us demanding for better.

twilliamx:
Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by pocohantas(f): 8:58am On Feb 01
cococandy:
I feel the same way.
People have become way too numb to things that should anger us and have us demanding for better.

I think it is more of a coping mechanism for many. I decided not to open such threads to protect my mental health. I know people that have stopped watching the news because they can't deal with the many killings and kidnapping.

3 Likes

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by Acidosis(m): 9:22am On Feb 01
We are too divided to achieve anything. As a result, many people have sworn never to attend any rally or protest.

When last did you see Mr Macaroni or David Hundeyin tweeting aggressively against bad leadership? Even Rinu has found her way to the U.S. abi Canada. Same as DJ Switch and others. In fact, I would be surprised if they had remained in Nigeria. Can never be me when I'm not m*d.

People would rather crowdfund for kidnappers than call out/support a protest against a failed government and party.

Tinubu is currently in France sealing private deals for Oando and his cousin (according to People's Gazette) and no single outrage whatsoever!

We know exactly what we are doing as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:17am On Feb 01
Really sad experience for a child. I feel for her parents, may they find the grace to stay strong.

The problem of Nigeria is leadership, the president is incompetent. People thought that after Buhari's disastrous leadership, things would get better. They never knew another disaster of a government was waiting to happen.

What's the need of democracy if elections are rigged so that the right leaders never get a chance? In my opinion, it would be better if the military government take over, at least for some years. . Or successful foreigners come in to lead Nigeria.

If a government fails to fix security issues, economic issues, jobs, electricity, etc, then such a government is totally dead and u$eless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by TheWinterBird(f): 11:37am On Feb 01
I missed the thread but I hope the little girl gets her justice. Nigeria is becoming the crime capital of the world, if it isn't already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by Mindlog: 11:45am On Feb 01
Learned helplessness, many have accepted that more of such incidents will still happen, so becoming numb to such news is a means of protecting their "sanity".

2 Likes

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by MercyAluka: 11:49am On Feb 01
We are hiring for the role of *Customer Service Representative* to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels

*Role Title:* Customer Service Representative

*Renumeration:* N85,000

*Work mode:* Onsite (Monday - Friday)

*Requirements:*
- At least 1 year experience in Customer Service or Sales position
- Must be living around Lekki and environs
- Good communication Skills

If you are Interested, please apply using the link: https://forms.gle/pXWiGU4zgpSmpSZVA

Share to people that need this job
Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Feb 01
pocohantas:

I think it is more of a coping mechanism for many. I decided not to open such threads to protect my mental health. I know people that have stopped watching the news because they can't deal with the many killings and kidnapping.
for real
Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Feb 01
Can you imagine
Acidosis:
We are too divided to achieve anything. As a result, many people have sworn never to attend any rally or protest.

When last did you see Mr Macaroni or David Hundeyin tweeting aggressively against bad leadership? Even Rinu has found her way to the U.S. abi Canada. Same as DJ Switch and others. In fact, I would be surprised if they had remained in Nigeria. Can never be me when I'm not m*d.

People would rather crowdfund for kidnappers than call out/support a protest against a failed government and party.

Tinubu is currently in France sealing private deals for Oando and his cousin (according to People's Gazette) and no single outrage whatsoever!

We know exactly what we are doing as a nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Has Our Outrage Gone? by Scholace: 4:44pm On Feb 01
LilMissFavvy:
Really sad experience for a child. I feel for her parents, may they find the grace to stay strong.

The problem of Nigeria is leadership, the president is incompetent. People thought that after Buhari's disastrous leadership, things would get better. They never knew another disaster of a government was waiting to happen.

What's the need of democracy if elections are rigged so that the right leaders never get a chance? In my opinion, it would be better if the military government take over, at least for some years. . Or successful foreigners come in to lead Nigeria.

If a government fails to fix security issues, economic issues, jobs, electricity, etc, then such a government is totally dead and u$eless.
I prefer this though. The country is absolutely nothing to write home about

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy Father's Day. / Waste Valuable Time Only To Discover Months / Allow Experts To Repair, Service And Maintian Your Air Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.