Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,199 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Shouldn't Nigerians Embrace Dashboard Cameras? Will It Help Insecurity? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shouldn't Nigerians Embrace Dashboard Cameras? Will It Help Insecurity? (169 Views)

Ten Reasons Nigerian Youths Shouldn't Engage In Fraud (yahoo Yahoo) / Ogun Hotel Rooms With Hidden Cameras Uncovered (Video) / LCC: Security Cameras Were Not Removed From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shouldn't Nigerians Embrace Dashboard Cameras? Will It Help Insecurity? by Raylight2(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01
I have been thinking lately that the adoption of dashboard cameras could help fight insecurity to an extent. you'd agree with me that most of the kidnappings happens in the presence of a few more cars around. If those cars are equiped with dashboard cameras, live images of the perpetrators of those crimes can be captured and used for police investigation. It could also be used to trace the direction of those kidnappers when they flee into the bush. I think this would be helpful.

I wish the mod would push this to front page.
@Seun
Re: Shouldn't Nigerians Embrace Dashboard Cameras? Will It Help Insecurity? by finallybusy: 2:08am On Feb 02
CCTVs do more work than dashcams. Dashcams are more for insurance purposes. Their work is to show that an accident legitimately took place so insurance companies don’t lose money. They don’t provide high enough detail to identify assailants nor do they show which specific location they went. Yes, they can provide recorded images of what the attackers did. What if they came from behind the vehicle and never went to the front? All we’ll hear is audio if lucky. Police checkpoints are the best means to fight insecurity.

(1) (Reply)

FOUR Exceptional Policemen Reject N8m Bribe At Taraba Police Checkpoint (WATCH V / Kwara NSCDC Arrests 28-year-old Man For Alleged Impersonation And Fraud / Land Grabbing In Enekakk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.