Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons (28497 Views)

The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) / Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) / Olawale John Olukunle, FUTA Researchers Develop Water HYACINTH Harvester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Jemex003: 12:52pm On Feb 02
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Daniluv1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02
Make dem fix drip for the moon na
Na dehydration dey worry am rubbish

Me we never see food chop since morning na wan notice say moon dey shrink?

Make all of una get out jare
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by amakanancy(f): 1:07pm On Feb 02
Bible prophesies will surely be fulfilled
Mark 13:24
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by FireUpNow(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02
Is Tinubu government not shrinking Nigerians? Who cares about the moo ?

1 Like

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by ironheart(m): 1:27pm On Feb 02
Safyqueen:

This dollar issue, I can't understand again ooo. That tribe that always claim academic sophistication over others are now in charge but things are still worsening.
How I wish the economy goes back to those tribe that does early marriage, NEPA bill certificate and child begging if and only if dollar will go back to 400, petrol 220 and diesel 400 per litre.
baba, e no concern me, what i know is that me amd my family will feed well until it comes out of our nose. Since they have refused to vote wisely and its all about tribalism. My brother i love your comment, just get pop corn let us sit back and watch how they play game with the dollar. Shebi there oga dey france already grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by joseph1832(m): 1:30pm On Feb 02
DissTroy:
One looks at the comments on the frontpage of Africa's largest forum then shakes head vehemently in disgust.

The display of unintelligence. No mention of the Moon's influence of gravitation on earth or tides. No comment about how a shrinking moon presents a challenge on our long-held concept of gravitational play on Earth. Even increased cases of coastal region floodings.

Or how we'd have to redesign or rejig our engineering of physical structures to counter the potential gravitational variation.

Just dûmb happy-go-lucky comments littered on such an insightful post.
the most annoying thing, when you speak about such things, these same low budget dullards will rise up and congregate against you, and call you all sort of names. Some will even go as far as wanting to taint or malign your image.

Truly, Nigeria is full of zombies, who don't even know they're zombies. And bro, it is terrifying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by immortalcrown(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02
Lisa290:
Always talking nonsense!!
Always interested in nonsense.
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by pikechukwu6(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02
Better lipsrsealed
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Scholace: 1:38pm On Feb 02
D
CaptainFM1:

It doesn't matter. We just need to start showing concern and be responsible to the world. E no concern you, e no concern me...that's why we are where we are today.
Nigerians are hungry, i don't think they'd want to entertain that discussion

1 Like

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Mubieey: 1:45pm On Feb 02
Let’s solve the problems we have in our world first
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by mrcrabs(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
Na who survive this bad economy dey worry about moon.

no mind them, they just dey whine person, wetin concern person way never chop with moon
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by chipet67(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02
But naira shrink pass moon na
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Greenback: 1:56pm On Feb 02
solmusdesigns:
100 million years
It might give earth a ring...
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Anonimoux: 2:10pm On Feb 02
I have Economic issues to worry about than to worry about one moon that is hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from where I am.

Nor be moon matter go reduce price of Foodstuffs.
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by HighTable(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02
🤣
BULLSHIT!
Well according to recent dataset from people with knowledge of the matter, the moon is not shrinking it is infact EXPANDING. Even the distance between the earth and the moon have expanded considerably over the past few years.
Argue with your keyboard. cheesy
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Showguyz: 2:50pm On Feb 02
Kelvinofficial:
Whatever that means to earthlings ??
Tidical shift soon maybe
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Showguyz: 2:51pm On Feb 02
HighTable:
🤣
BULLSHIT!
Well according to recent dataset from people with knowledge of the matter, the moon is not shrinking it is infact EXPANDING. Even the distance between the earth and the moon have expanded considerably over the past few years.
Argue with your keyboard. cheesy
No the moon is moving away from the earth vice-vasa
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Litmus: 3:06pm On Feb 02
Neoteny7:

Because many natural phenomena on earth are linked with the moon's gravitational effect, such as waves and tides.

My gosh Nigerians are so disturbingly dumb.

I wouldn't say the ones you mean are dumb. They may be suffering from what I term "Mature Mindset".
Mature Mindset syndrome can be found in a scenario such as this: a parent sees thire child taking apart and old table fan in order to get at the electromagnet motor with the intention of making a helicopter out of it. The parent, hollers, " get your backside into the house and do something useful! Your mates are selling moi, moi or helping out at the farm, you are there acting like a child! When will you grow up!'

Childish mindsets lead to Technological advancements. Mature Mindset can't see the importance of rockets, space advancement, AI, the creating of asteroid defence systems. The cost of garri and tomatoes is more important.

1 Like

Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Quebec91(m): 3:10pm On Feb 02
cheesy🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
immortalcrown:
Na who survive this bad economy dey worry about moon.
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Quebec91(m): 3:10pm On Feb 02
cheesy
Chicagograduate:
What is our problem if the moon is shrinking.
cheesy
ironheart:
Na dollar dey worry us. We never eat well to think of moon
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Konquest: 3:22pm On Feb 02
Dbestbrest:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/moon-is-shrinking-and-researchers-reveal-reasons/
Insightful.

Long-term Moon and Mars human settlements will NO MORE be feasible. Time to make the only habitable planet for humans more sustainable in nearly all spheres for the next 1000 years or more.
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by bluefilm: 5:51pm On Feb 02
Wetin kwansign me kwansign moon?

If e like make e shrink; if e like make e expand, e no kwansign me!

Nonsense angry
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Kay25(m): 8:11pm On Feb 02
Coming of Jesus is near....
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by abauhere(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02
I beg na how that one go take reduce the price of rice wey dey go up every day..
Na person wey chop bellefull dey see road take see the size of moon mbok..
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by toygod2: 3:03pm On Feb 03
j
Re: Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons by Bigblessed: 2:26pm On Feb 04
Imagine loosing it for few million years ago yet scientists are able to travel within at ease and naira loosing it just for few months now and millions are groaning and die.

God please have mercy!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator / New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China / Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.