Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? (19949 Views)

I Want My Friend, José Peseiro To Win The AFCON - Jose Mourinho / José Peseiro Profile: Incoming Super Eagles Coach? / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Freshtruth(m): 8:59am On Feb 03
K4daniel:
He has done well. We can't be doing the same thing in same ways for years and still expect to win. He chose the different ways, defensive and counterattack method which is working fine for us.

If you can't score goes don't concede. But if you can score small and still be able to defend it makes a strong team and frustrates any fast-paced opponent. It confuses the strategy of the opponent. Good Coach. Jose morihno will be happy now.
God bless you sir for your honesty some are saying if e wins the cup they should still sack him. The whole thing tire person he be like say Demons they fight this nation they want a new coach to come and start rebuilding again

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 9:04am On Feb 03
phorget:

And that is when you will remind him that he is not a Nigerian, even if God come down to build this country I'm sure you will tell him that he should go back to the heaven cos that is where he belong.

Tribalism kee una.

Out of the abundance of the heart, a bigoted mouth speaketh. Keep wallowing in self inflicted delusion.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Ance4Liverpool: 9:05am On Feb 03
Cmanforall:

Kudos for selecting those defense lineup. Super Eagles defense is strong.

But it was not necessary to invite many forward players (who may never play a match) and he should still be criticised for not having homebased players in the team.
Exactly my point,had it been he is that fantastic he could have brought up some unknown players that will grow through him, this one he went and parked all the foreign players from England Spain France Germany and Turkey

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Judolisco(m): 9:06am On Feb 03
Bahamas95:
He's good defensively but whenever he's in the opposition box he shouldn't hesitate before making crosses. That's what will make him a complete left back.

He had opportunity to cross the ball yesterday to double our advantage but he hesitated and was dispossessed of the ball cheaply.
Na age dey disturb all of dem na... I've been following d zaidu dude since... He was very good back then offensively and defensively... Most of dem dey use fake age
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Emman08: 9:23am On Feb 03
The man is way too defensive.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by MichaelUweh(m): 9:24am On Feb 03
The coach isn't that very good , but the players are trying to prove to Africans that ,they are all super stars, the reason they are giving this Sterling performance.

I pray God to use this afcon to end coach pesiero's trophy less carrier.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:26am On Feb 03
Freshtruth:
God bless u for your honesty some Nigerians just want NFF to sack this man because of his skin colour I repeat since keshi of blessed memory no Local coach has done well. Olishe couldn't qualify Nigeria for Afcon, siasia couldn't qualify Nigeria for 2 Afcon , Eguaveon and Amieuneke combined couldn't win a 2 legged tie against a Ghana team who were in crisis and some Nigeria is here saying even if he wins the Afcon let him go for another rebuilding when world cup qualification is around the corner. Then if anything goes wrong the same Nigeria will start blaming the NFF
Keshi did well because he is well exposed and coached outside Nigeria for years. Eguavon have no tactical sense, he does not know how to convert players and bring the best out of them. Who will ever know that iwobi and Moses Simon can defend? What piesaro is doing is similar to what mouriho did to mickel that made him a world class player. Sometimes players need to leave their natural positions and use their natural talent to enhance other positions. Before now iwobi keep acting like an attacking midfielder which put our midfield and defense in danger because he has no strength to fall back when he loses the ball. But under this coach iwobi is now a defensive midfielder who starts a counter attack and remains where he was and it has worked out fine. No Nigeria coach will every think this way, they even play Simon and chukwuze same time. Who will defend? Who will assist the defend when the ball comes out. Kudos to piesaro

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by lekonso: 9:27am On Feb 03
derolemode:
Nigeria plays with an abysmal performance. We're only lucky to go this far, there's really no quality in the team. Those boys lack confidence in the field of play. So far they've been on the lucky side, as a Nigerian, I hope they find luck till they lift the trophy 🏆 but they can't get past group stage with this kind of show in the world cup and I hope by then they'll be an overhaul of the entire team from scratch.
You are a very bad football analyst
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:38am On Feb 03
Bahamas95:
He has done excellently well most especially in the defense, those guys are very compact. I was surprised how he drafted Bassey in and that guy has been delivering.

The only players am not comfortable with in the starting line up is Zaidu and Iwobi. Zaidu's problem is that he struggles to make crosses into the box. While Iwobi isn't creative enough, he makes senseless passes at times but I noticed improvement in his game yesterday.
Zaidu work rate is highest in that field. He is an all round player. Iwobi is now a defensive midfielder so his role is to keep the ball for a counter. He has no business with creativity. The team has Excel so far because the likes of iwobi were removed from their natural positions. The coach is a genius bro.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Enemiesmasquera: 9:39am On Feb 03
Benwallt:
If he contests Nigeria presidency against Peter Obi, he will win in a landslide
This your comment goes a long way to show how Peter Obi torments your Apc family. Man is a torn on your flesh
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:46am On Feb 03
SirFarads01:

We begin to wonder what quality players like moffi and Chukwueze and Kelechi are doing on the bench but lo and behold he brings in Aribo, Onuachu e.t.c
People like you are the reason Nigeria coaches fails. Thank God this is a foreign coach. Kelechi and chukwuze does not fall back or defend. Both of them are not good passers compared to iwobi. Onuachi is big and can hold the ball for long that is why he is brought in at last minute to run down the clock. Aribo has a good clearance and is defensive minded so he is also good for last minutes too.
If you don't understand the game, keep your opinion. If you were the coach we would have been Knocked out since just like eguavon did to us last time with his poor tactics and made us not to pass quarter final and even lost out on the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by geokay777(m): 9:49am On Feb 03
Not UNTILL he wins the Afcon trophy for us first, with the present crop of super eagles team at his disposal , an Average coach will do wonders with them.
Meektunz:
The super eagles of Nigeria has now progressed to the Semi finals of the AFCON after defeating Angola. Nigerian Coach has faced alot of critisms prior to the AFCON. But to me he has done so well to silence his critics because if Nigeria was knocked out, he would be the first person to be blamed. Guys, what do you have to say about José Peseiro thus far?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:53am On Feb 03
composure:
Iwobi have no business in super Eagles 🦅 for now,, I wonder why he kept featuring him even upto 75min on the pitch
You must be blind then. You clearly don't understand the coach tactics. Bringing iwobi from attacking midfield to defensive midfield is the best decision I have seen in recent times. Iwobi is the reason our counter attacks are sharp. He starts it from the back and remain there. Dude go learn football tactics.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:56am On Feb 03
gideonvalor98:
A bit impressed, but he should master the act of making substitutions that will kill off the match. I was expecting he will bring on chukwueze yesterday cos of his flair, dribbles and runs. Osimhen is overworking himself. He should manage his energy, so as to have strength needed in the final third and box 18
After the dribble he loses the ball and never comes back to assist the defense. Even osimhen comes back to assist. Chukwuze should continue to watch from the bench. The coach needs players that will play to his defensive philosophy.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:59am On Feb 03
derolemode:
Nigeria plays with an abysmal performance. We're only lucky to go this far, there's really no quality in the team. Those boys lack confidence in the field of play. So far they've been on the lucky side, as a Nigerian, I hope they find luck till they lift the trophy 🏆 but they can't get past group stage with this kind of show in the world cup and I hope by then they'll be an overhaul of the entire team from scratch.
I don't think you even have DStv at home
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Wallade(m): 10:00am On Feb 03
I will sack him after AFCON, irrespective of the outcome for Nigeria at the tournament

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by NOwazobia: 10:01am On Feb 03
Nothing special undecided
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by mipeesoft(m): 10:01am On Feb 03
Even though this isn't the regular playing style of the super eagles but so far he's giving also results so let applaud him grin
Meektunz:
The super eagles of Nigeria has now progressed to the Semi finals of the AFCON after defeating Angola. Nigerian Coach has faced alot of critisms prior to the AFCON. But to me he has done so well to silence his critics because if Nigeria was knocked out, he would be the first person to be blamed. Guys, what do you have to say about José Peseiro thus far?
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by mipeesoft(m): 10:02am On Feb 03
Even though this isn't the regular playing style of the super eagles but so far he's giving us results so let applaud him grin
Meektunz:
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 10:04am On Feb 03
Enemiesmasquera:
This your comment goes a long way to show how Peter Obi torments your Apc family. Man is a torn on your flesh

APC is your nightmare. There's nothing you can do about it.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Enemiesmasquera: 10:05am On Feb 03
Benwallt:

APC is your nightmare. There's nothing you can do about it.
Suit yourself bro.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Egedejulius090: 10:07am On Feb 03
A
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Benwallt(m): 10:08am On Feb 03
Enemiesmasquera:
Suit yourself bro.

Good advice. I will do just that. We will be alright Las las. All of us
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Rhozabeth(m): 10:10am On Feb 03
For me, he has built a very good defence. Defence has always been our problem since after '94 eagles!
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by thedio(m): 10:12am On Feb 03
....very conservative coach. He is playing a style that is very strange to our team. He has changed our game astyle from attacking to defensive.
Nevertheless I appreciate him for making the best use of the available material and I also noticed that he has psych up our players and make them play with their heart and strength.
MOURINHO HAND WRITING ALL OVER OUR TEAM
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by judedwriter(m): 10:13am On Feb 03
He learned the hard way during the world cup qualifiers...

In this nations cup, he experimented with a 3_4_3 formation and so far its working.

He should stick to this formation after the nations cup.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by mipeesoft(m): 10:13am On Feb 03
Yes nah peseiro will win in the land of the mumus who voted for apc in the last general elections grin grin
Benwallt:
If he contests Nigeria presidency against Peter Obi, he will win in a landslide
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Exceed15: 10:20am On Feb 03
Amidst criticism he stayed focused. He has shut up his critics.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by spy24(m): 10:22am On Feb 03
Ance4Liverpool:
He is not that fantastic just relying on the experience of the players

Why Ghana Egypt Morocco etc no rely on the experience of their players take remain in the tournament till now ?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by D5484(m): 10:32am On Feb 03
Good Analysis.
Both I don't think he has the players on the bench that can perform as effective as the once one the pitch, hence his reluctance to make changes.

Kenochi:
Coach Peseiro has gotten his tactics spot on and to be fair to him,he is making the best of what is available to him
It is not a matter of luck,the man has shown an understanding of reading our opponents and creating a system to contain them
From the first game till the one against Angola,he used a very unfamiliar system that is working
The only issue I have with the coach is his inability to make certain changes during our games.
It seems he always plays the same team and he is always reluctant to make changes when the team needs it.
A very good team just needs to study the Nigerian team,it is very obvious that they get tired from around the 60th minute,all that is needed is to bring in fresh legs from around this period that will run at that Nigerian defence,they might eventually collapse
We all Oshimen,Lookman and Simon have played out their hearts and this guys need to rest
Let the coach start the semi finals with one or two fresh legs,why take over 23 players to a competition and you end up playing less than 13

......still selling our properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub kindly click on the signature for more details
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by spy24(m): 10:33am On Feb 03
Kenochi:
Coach Peseiro has gotten his tactics spot on and to be fair to him,he is making the best of what is available to him
It is not a matter of luck,the man has shown an understanding of reading our opponents and creating a system to contain them
From the first game till the one against Angola,he used a very unfamiliar system that is working
The only issue I have with the coach is his inability to make certain changes during our games.
It seems he always plays the same team and he is always reluctant to make changes when the team needs it.
A very good team just needs to study the Nigerian team,it is very obvious that they get tired from around the 60th minute,all that is needed is to bring in fresh legs from around this period that will run at that Nigerian defence,they might eventually collapse
We all Oshimen,Lookman and Simon have played out their hearts and this guys need to rest
Let the coach start the semi finals with one or two fresh legs,why take over 23 players to a competition and you end up playing less than 13

......still selling our properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub kindly click on the signature for more details

You have said well... But the truth is that of the remaining teams, non is as complete as the Nigerian team.. when a complete team is playing defensive football they become very hard to beat.. the ivory coast team you are all hailing is severely lacking in attack... They only huff and puff

Penalties may most likely be out Waterloo in the end
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? by Temi2468: 10:47am On Feb 03
Meektunz:
but if Nigeria had been knocked out, you will be the first to blame the coach right?

Exactly!

When a person does well, we should learn to simply appreciate.

Even if he relied on their experience, is he not the one who determines team formation and who plays! If he fielded the wrong players and made the wrong substitution, we wouldnt go far as we have.

Nigerians hardly appreciates, so hard to please.

It's in our genes, and it's bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Hat-Trick For Ronaldo As Al Nassr Win Their First Of The Season In Style / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me / Precious Orji And Husband Welcome Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.