Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! (7007 Views)

Please Where And How Can I Get Bitcoin In Ibadan Or Nigeria / Perfect Business For The Century!...the Beauty Business..in Dubai Or Nigeria.. / Is There Any Business Platform In Africa Or Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by modnd3(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2011
[img]http://2.bp..com/-ah9Ev6fvRb8/Trl9YojozhI/AAAAAAAAA6E/y9i8jvA6g30/s1600/Nigerian+Airways.jpg[/img]

Nigeria Airways Ltd., more commonly known as Nigeria Airways, is a defunct Nigerian airline.

The company was founded in 1958 after the dissolution of West African Airways Corporation. It was wholly owned by the Government of Nigeria, and served as the country's flag carrier.

The airline was managed by a number of foreign companies, including British Airways, KLM and South African Airways

Read more here >> http://www.unclenaira.com/2011/11/nigeria-airways-or-nigeria-airwaste.html
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by igbo2011(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2011
How can a country our size not have our own Airlines that works? How about Arik? Do we own that?
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by stepo707: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by executinal(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
Is called Nigeria Airwast grin grin grin grin grin
modnd3:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ah9Ev6fvRb8/Trl9YojozhI/AAAAAAAAA6E/y9i8jvA6g30/s1600/Nigerian+Airways.jpg[/img]

Nigeria Airways Ltd., more commonly known as Nigeria Airways, is a defunct Nigerian airline.

The company was founded in 1958 after the dissolution of West African Airways Corporation. It was wholly owned by the Government of Nigeria, and served as the country's flag carrier.

The airline was managed by a number of foreign companies, including British Airways, KLM and South African Airways

Read more here >> http://www.unclenaira.com/2011/11/nigeria-airways-or-nigeria-airwaste.html

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Baawaa(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
Inasmuch,tinubu and co hav airline.Nigeria airline wil nt work
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by llbhuds: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ethiopia is one of the poorest country in the world and yet they have a national carrier
what a pity Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by daywatcher: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
why don't we raise money and buy this thing of the government. Look pass the government if you want anything done in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by JUO(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
oh God look at that plane
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by ayolinger(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Where's the location of this plane abeg, haven't been on one before, at least i can locate and take some pics in it and share it on face book and get more request from girls,
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by r231(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
undecided
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by babyboy3(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
why don't we raise money and buy this thing of the government. Look pass the government if you want anything done in Nigeria

And who would manage it?
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by zone77(m): 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2011
uncle joe is tryin wel wel 4 us.a whole nation like 9ja.althou its now called virgin nigeria
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Madcow(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
[size=16pt]@ OP

What is your point? What message are you trying to pass across?

P.S the picture you have is of a retired aircraft in an Aircraft Graveyard[/size]
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
Obasanjo is responsible  angry

Imagine allowing out nation's pride and joy to collapse, from mismanagement and corruption during periods that we getting good revenue from high oil prices.

Obasanjo is often called  the biggest looter in African history with an estimate loot of over $100billion (over N12,000 billion !!!).

In fact the man  must have mental illness to have stolen so much money  that he can never hope to spend in his lifetime angry  A real fool !!!

This thief Obasanjo was a real disaster for Nigeria - he needs to finish his days in prison.

This a disgrace for Nigeria, even war torn countries and tiny poor countries have their own National Airline.

Weep weep for your country.

Thank Obasanjo for the current state of Nigeria angry

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by daywatcher: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
baby-boy:

And who would manage it?

I guess the biggest investor, what do you you think?
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by highland(m): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
Peoples altitude to work in term of inefficiency and corruption are the main cause of this failure.
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
No, you are wrong!

Obasanjo needs to bring out all the billions he looted and give us back our national airline angry

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Gbenge77(m): 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2011
Its a big shame that Nigeria does not have an airline of her own.
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2011
Thanks to Obasanjo ! angry
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
Having a national carrier is a thing of pride for any nation and it's citizens. I don't know why on earth we don't have a Nigerian airline as big as we are. When smaller and poorer countries are busy flaunting their airline at our faces. Nigeria is a confirmed failed state. There's nothing one can hold on to and say this is truly Nigerian. Nitel is history. NEPA is a calamity that has happened and still waiting to happen, courtesy PHCN. Nigeria airways? Dead.  Nigerian water authority(is there any such agency? Aren't we supposed to have one?). Nigerian Television Authority? Watching this station is like using time travel to the 1980s. Which way Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
@afam4eva
We had a national carrier. Now we do not have anything and we are being disgraced by other countries whose airlines we have to use for international flights.

You can blame Obasanjo because it was during his watch that we lost Nigeria Airway, that thieving fool has no shame !! angry

His mismanagement and corruption caused the collapse of Nigeria Airways.

Which way Nigeria ? - let us start with immediate arrest of Obasanjo and Babangida, to recover the estimated $200 billion they have looted.

afam4eva:

I don't know why on earth we don't have a Nigerian airline as big as we are. When smaller and poorer countries are busy flaunting their airline at our faces.

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by iice(f): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
So Nigeria Airways no longer operates?
Looks like a disposed airplane though.

When i was young, i used to be scared of flying in their planes. They had a lot of accidents.
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigeria Airways never had lots of accident, as international safety rules meant that all plains doing International flights had to have regular certified maintainence in order to be allowed to land in other countries.

However I do not know about the safety record of the planes used for domestic flights only and I imagine most of those were privately operated.
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by iice(f): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
Was referring to domestic flights.
Never used it for international, but for domestic. . .i used Kabo Air or ADC which i think doesn't operate anymore.
Anyway i knew what their planes looked in the hanger. Spent a lot of time playing in hangers
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Whilst Obasanjo caused collapse of Nigeria Airways through mismanagement and corruption, he was maintaining six presidential jets for himself.

Foolish and shameless criminal!!

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Demoladoc: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2011
you are all idiots saying obasanjo caused the collapse of nigeria airways.

When he left as military head of state in 1979 NA had hundreds of planes in their fleet doing both international and domestic routes but wen he came back 20 years later it had only 3planes and things had gone soooo bad through years of mismanagement by both civilan and miltary govts.

In his 2nd coming NA was in dire state burdened with enormous debts and rarely flew.

what did he do about it? He sold it to virgin atlantic and it was called virgin nigeria and we all know this one did pretty well till obasanjo left.

Get your facts straight before coming here to talk uttet nonsense.

Fools!!!
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by johndavid1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
executinal:

Is called Nigeria Airwast grin grin grin grin grin
if dem fly you 4 diz kind 1 na 6feet you go dae see through out your journey to hell

Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by OlaPhils(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
[i]Nigerian leaders only no how to maintain there selves and family nothing else. a country that can not maintain ordinary road. just compare our so called MURTALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT with airports outside great Nigerian. an airport whereby it escalator fail to work D gate arrival,when it finally work, the noice is like a bulldozer pulling strong pillar cobwebs every were. shame to our leaders, only that they are not ashame[/i]back yard giant
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by NSNA: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
Demoladoc:

When he left as military head of state in 1979 NA had hundreds of planes in their fleet doing both international and domestic routes but wen he came back 20 years later it had only 3planes and things had gone soooo bad through years of mismanagement by both civilan and miltary govts.

In his 2nd coming NA was in dire state burdened with enormous debts and rarely flew.

what did he do about it? He sold it to virgin atlantic and it was called virgin nigeria and we all know this one did pretty well till obasanjo left.

Fools!!! 

someone sees the true picture here
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by 9icelag: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
Demoladoc:

Fools!!!
Pls tell them grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Airways Or Nigeria Airwaste! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
See Obasanjo corruption apologists!  angry

So what if the fleet had only 3 planes? - at its height in the 80's there was only 30 plane.

Most of the fleet were siezed by other countries for non payment of bills during the very corrpt Babangida's regime.

The debts were only $60m

A responsible president would have cleared the debts and built the fleet up again.

Instead he wanted to privatise it and in the process looted the assets so much that it became worthless to the prospective buyer who pulled out.

Any way you look at Obasanjo is responsible for allowing it to collapse.

His corruption and fondness for looting did not allow him to bring out money to say our national airline.

criminal fool! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Real Is MAC DAVE INVESTMENT? Hope It‘s Not A Scam? Pls Contribute... / Closed / Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.