Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Boxer Who Cut Tyson Fury's Eyes During Sparring - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Boxer Who Cut Tyson Fury's Eyes During Sparring (208 Views)

Female Army Boxer Who Claimed She Can Beat Any Man Finally Fights A Man / Anthony Joshua Hurt Again In Sparring. / Anthony Joshua Gets New Sparring Partner Ahead Of Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boxer Who Cut Tyson Fury's Eyes During Sparring by Jeboy(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04
The fighter who was responsible for causing Tyson Fury's fight-ending cut has reportedly issued a blunt verdict, saying: "I don't feel bad."

Fury was scheduled to fight Oleksandr Usyk on February 17 in Saudi Arabia for the undisputed world heavyweight title, however, it has since been postponed and will now take place on May 18 2024.

That is due to the Gypsy King suffering a cut above his eye that required 15 stitches and left wife Paris Fury 'shaking'.

The man who Fury was fighting in sparring was Argon Smakici - a Croatian boxer and MMA fighter.

According to Boxing Talk, Smakici responded to the fight postponement by telling them: "It was a clear punch so I don't feel bad."

That's despite Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, stating that it was the Croatian's elbow that caught his client - and footage of the incident appears to back that up.

As a result of the injury, the fight has been rescheduled for May 18.

Explaining what happened in the incident, Warren explained: “It happened this morning (Friday) in sparring with a Croatian heavyweight who caught his eye with his elbow.

“I can’t tell you how gutted everybody is and I obviously feel for Tyson, I feel for Usyk and I feel sorry for His Excellency Turki Alalshikh and everyone who works at the Riyadh Season because this is an event that we all worked hard to make happen and unfortunately it’s going to be postponed now.”

Asked if he believes the fight will still happen, Warren said: “Of course I do. It’s what everybody signed up for.

https://talksport.com/sport/1736109/tyson-fury-cut-oleksandr-usyk-sparring-argon-smakici/

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2023 Final: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast Sunday Feb. 12TH 9:00PM / Female Basketballers Are So Cutes (video) / Manchester United Star Harry Maguire Leaves England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.