Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations (1238 Views)

Davido Fails To Wish Chioma 'happy 26th Birthday', See What He Rather Posted Tha / Joschilin - Stones, Bottles Rain As Davido Fails To Show Up / Davido Fails His Fans In Jos For Not Coming To His Show, People Reacts. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Tekashi89(m): 11:50pm On Feb 04
Davido has lost in all of the three categories he was nominated in in the 2023 Grammy award ceremony.

Recall that after the release of his timeless album in 2023 after a five months hiatus from social media and the music scene, Davido received three Grammy nominations in the 66th annual Grammy award for the following categories;

Global Music Album
2024 Timeless

Global Music Performance
2024 FEEL

Grammy Award for Best African Music Performance
2024 UNAVAILABLE

But unfortunately the twe tee remix singer was unable to win in any of the categories. In the same vain burna boy also lost all four of his nominations.

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by yamunla(m): 11:51pm On Feb 04
Hmnn
Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by opalu: 11:59pm On Feb 04
Ok
Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Pickieox(m): 12:02am On Feb 05
Davido, it is not over until you win. Failure is not the end. It is just an acronym for "First Attempt In Learning Under Rigorous Experiment/Experience"

3 Likes

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by goodyvin02(m): 12:04am On Feb 05
South Africa go collect on Wednesday

1 Like

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Tekashi89(m): 12:07am On Feb 05
goodyvin02:
South Africa go collect on Wednesday
I tell you bro Dem go collect better style

1 Like

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by dibunotion(m): 12:09am On Feb 05
E don tey wey davido no sabi sing

5 Likes

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Tekashi89(m): 12:11am On Feb 05
dibunotion:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 abi but the guy still dey try with him frog voice
Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by internationalman(m): 1:41am On Feb 05
dibunotion:

He nor sabi sing because he nor win Grammy??

2face the best ever crooner Nigeria has ever produced in my opinion didn't win a Grammy...

It's just like saying because Ryan Giggs or Rooney didn't win the balloon D'or they were not good players.

Personally, I didn't think the guy was a good singer initially, but to be consistently dishing out hit songs upon hit songs in the Nigerian music industry for 13 years now is not an easy thing to do..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by buharibanjo(m): 4:03am On Feb 05
🤣 🤣 🤣
E no easy sha.
Wizkid na Wizkid make the rest go rest
Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Tekashi89(m): 5:37am On Feb 05
internationalman:

He nor sabi sing because he nor win Grammy??

2face the best ever crooner Nigeria has ever produced in my opinion didn't win a Grammy...

It's just like saying because Ryan Giggs or Rooney didn't win the balloon D'or they were not good players.

Personally, I didn't think the guy was a good singer initially, but to be consistently dishing out hit songs upon hit songs in the Nigerian music industry for 13 years now is not an easy thing to do..
you're right bro dude is not a naturally talented singer but his hard work and consistency has paved way for him look at his verse on twe twe remix

1 Like

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by internationalman(m): 6:32am On Feb 05
Tekashi89:
you're right bro dude is not a naturally talented singer but his hard work and consistency has paved way for him look at his verse on twe twe remix

Ok let's assume he's not naturally talented, is he the only Nigerian artiste who's not naturally talented. If you say Davido is not naturally talented that means 90% of Nigerian artistes are not naturally talented and yet non of them is hated like he's hated.

Don't tell me anything about his voice either, that's what makes his sound unique. Sometimes I can barely know who's singing when a Nigerian song is playing because they all sound alike except few of them like Davido, Don Jazzy, 2baba, Timaya etc.

Dude could have opted for auto tune in all his recordings..

2 Likes

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Thegamingorca(m): 7:20am On Feb 05
It sweet me die
Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by Creamypie(m): 7:45am On Feb 05
E no suppose vex. When whizkid won Grammy, na him say grammy no be the measurements for excellence, only for him to dey excited about nomination. He should stop boasting and talk talk, to stand a chance of winning grammy

1 Like

Re: Davido Fails To Win Any Grammy Award Despite 3 Nominations by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:15am On Feb 05
His sacrifice was not accepted by the gods. He is hereby ordered to do another one.

(1) (Reply)

Odumeje Spotted Dancing To Davido Song In The Club, (video) / Can You Tell Us D Nigerian Artise You Think Dat D Dred-lock Hair Style Doesn't Fit?? / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.