Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] (1244 Views)

I Won't "Smash" If His "D" Is Too Big Or Too Small- Cool Fm Oap Destiny Amaka / Tina Turner Dead? How True / Bolaji Amusan(mr. Latin) Reported Dead, How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by cchampme(m): 5:40am On Nov 09, 2011
RAPPER HEAVY D DIES AT 44

Jamaican American actor, rapper, record producer, singer Dwight Arrington Myers better known by his rap name Heavy D has been reported dead. The rapper passed away a few hours ago on Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at a Los Angeles hospital.

A 911 emergency call had been placed from rapper’s Beverly Hills home to report that he had collapsed on the walkway near his house.

We learnt he gained consciousness and started speaking when help arrived and was immediately rushed to the L.A hospital to receive treatment but gave up the ghost a short time later.

As at the time of this report, the cause of his death has not been announced.

Veteran Queensbridge rapper Nas tweeted ‘RIP TO A REAL HIP HOP LEGEND HEAVY D!’, via his @Nas handle. Nick Cannon tweeted ‘This is crazy. @heavyd such a beautiful person. He did and will continue to inspire me’.

Heavy D’s last tweet which was tweeted from his @heavyd account, 16 hours ago simply reads ‘BE INSPIRED!‘.

Heavy D, who remains one of the most influential rappers of the ’90s was just 44 years old. In his career, the rapper had released nine solo studio albums. He was the former leader of Heavy D & the Boyz, a hip hop group which included G-Whiz, ‘Trouble‘ T. Roy and Eddie F.

Heavy D is well known for his smash hits like ‘Now that we’ve found love‘, ‘Black coffee‘ and ‘Don’t be afraid.

UPDATE
Celebrity news web site TMZ has reported that law enforcement say Heavy D who was just returning from shopping began to experience trouble breathing as he walked up the stairs which leads to his apartment. A certain Adam Mills, a designer who was in the building and knew Heavy D, found the rapper leaning against the railing looking in pain.

Adam says he Heavy D complained to about him not being able to breath, ‘I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe’, Heavy D told Mills. As reported earlier, the paramedics arrived as rushed the rapper to the hospital.

Other people in the building say Heavy D died of a heart attack although the cause of his death has been far from confirmed. So far Law enforcement sources say the cause of death was ‘medical’.

You can watch his last interview with tim westword through source.

Source: http://www.latestgists.com

Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by BootyOnMe: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
The man was the size of the new AIRBUS 380.
We don't need a prophet to tell us how he departed.
Too late now for a tummy-tuck or metallic braces. . . .so, RIP SIR!!!

Other people in the building say Heavy D died of a heart attack although the cause of his death has been far from confirmed. So far Law enforcement sources say the cause of death was ‘medical’

Lemmme guess?

'IS  H-ENEMY AF 'throw VOODOO' on 'Im to Y-eat 'Is TWENRRRY DOLLAR!!! with MAGUN (According to my Yoruba pals) grin

ShiiiiYOOOOOOR!

1 Like

Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by 1759odin(m): 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Common Bootyonme,he's no lizard,he's human try av feelingpathy.It ain't 2 much 4 me to jam.Micheal ft Heavy D----R.I.P.P.
Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by BootyOnMe: 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
1759odin:

Common Bootyonme,he's no lizard,he's human try av feelingpathy.It ain't 2 much 4 me to jam.Micheal ft Heavy D----R.I.P.P.

Many pardons monsieur/madmosielle!
I have seen waaaaaay too many deaths in this my life time. . . I have become quite insensitive.
I did not say he was a lizard. He was a health risk for his size alone. With morbid obesity, death is a sure banker. kiss
Nothing you or I can do to bring him back.
If I die today. . .as my God pleases. . . the world would move on too.
No qualms there at all sir!
I may be a passionate being. . . but never a 'sentimental' one. Na so my God create moi, without apologies too.
Sorry. kiss
Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2011
I dont think Heavy D was that fat. Certainly not the fattest rapper or musician there ever was. Besides I know waay fattter people that lived into their sixties and seventies.
Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by BootyOnMe: 12:19am On Nov 10, 2011
That is not the point!
Un-treated/untreatable medical conditions can lead to high mobidty/mortality rates if not managed properly.
Bill Clinton is not 'fat'  but has had quadruple bypass surgery and is still being treated.
What is the point?

Small fat vs big fat? undecided

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!
Fine. Get Jesus to wake him up!

Celebrity news web site TMZ has reported that law enforcement say Heavy D [size=20pt]who was just returning from shopping began to experience trouble breathing as he walked up the stairs[/size] which leads to his apartment.

Too fat to climb the stairs to his own apartment huh? Thank God for all those 'LEPAS' that kept phocking his fat arzzze!
Person go dey make money forget to take care of himself! Like all these Nigerian men with their nauseating 'pot-bellies'! grin
RIP abeg sir! Go chop ya BUCKETS of Kentuky Fried Chicken(Original +Crispy+Oven-Roasted) for Heaven!
ShiiiYOOOOOOR!
Re: Heavy D Is Dead[how He Actually Died] by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 10, 2011

(1)

Actor Emeka Ike In A Serious Scandal, Must READ!!! / Juliet Ibrahim Speaks On Ojb's Transplant / London Based Afrobeat/hiphop Star Donates N4.5m To OJB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.