Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme (9510 Views)

Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 11:32am On Feb 07
2024/2025 PTDF OVERSEAS POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME IN THE UK, GERMANY, FRANCE & MALAYSIA

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia commencing in the 2024/2025 academic session.

Application Process

Application Forms can be obtained on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).

Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements

PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;

Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants

Membership of professional bodies

The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).

Requirements

MSc

A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development.

Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.

Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) and will be required to have be verified (NIMC verification charges apply)before applying for the scholarship.

PhD

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;

Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Title, Introduction, Research Problem, Aim, Research Questions/Objectives, Scope, Summarised Literature, Methodology, and Expected outcomes only where necessary.

All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships

Required Documents

Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:

National Identity Number (NIN)

First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result

NYSC discharge certificate

WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).

Recent Passport Photograph

Local Government Identification Letter

Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)

Evidence of membership of professional associations

Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request

Deadline: March 18th, 2024.

https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/guidelines

Signed

Management

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ReliableMe05: 6:08pm On Feb 08
Thank you! Please can an MSc holder apply for MSc scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 8:18pm On Feb 09
Yes. If you have an MSc from a local institution you can still apply for an overseas MSc. or you can apply for PhD
ReliableMe05:

Thank you! Please can an MSc holder apply for MSc scholarship?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ReliableMe05: 11:18pm On Feb 09
ExpertNLer:
Yes. If you have an MSc from a local institution you can still apply for an overseas MSc. or you can apply for PhD

Okay, thanks alot 🙏
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10
How do I know the courses available for MSc?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by QuackedOlive: 4:26am On Feb 11
Hello,

Please I have a question, I tried creating and application and had an error with the passport upload, I had to create another application.

Will this be regarded as double application?

As PTDF stated in their website "Candidates with multiple applications will lead to disqualification"

Thank you for your answer.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Drahl(m): 5:57am On Feb 11
QuackedOlive:
Hello,

Please I have a question, I tried creating and application and had an error with the passport upload, I had to create another application.

Will this be regarded as double application?

As PTDF stated in their website "Candidates with multiple applications will lead to disqualification"

Thank you for your answer.
The answer to your question is NO.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by QuackedOlive: 8:07am On Feb 11
Drahl:

The answer to your question is NO.

Thanks
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by RonuMiscreant: 1:55pm On Feb 11
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by mallprince: 3:39pm On Feb 11
I applied last year I didn't even hear from them, I didn't even saw the names they shortlisted.
It is well, let's keep on trying
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by edicied: 5:14pm On Feb 11
grin Abeg which Country person go pick cause UK i hear say Job no day there o and you go just waste money. Germany does not have the course am studying or even related course. France and Malaysia i don't know about those once.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by mallprince: 5:24pm On Feb 11
Omo just pick any English speaking country,a d hope ur called.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by RonuMiscreant: 6:27pm On Feb 12
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 6:39pm On Feb 12
How is it relevant if you are on a scholarship? there are jobs in UK and Europe if you know how to navigate the job market. Apply first and ask questions later
edicied:
grin Abeg which Country person go pick cause UK i hear say Job no day there o and you go just waste money. Germany does not have the course am studying or even related course. France and Malaysia i don't know about those once.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 6:39pm On Feb 12
What error is it showing?
RonuMiscreant:
Please how do I handle this?
Been stuck at trying to verify my Nin

ExpertNLer
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by RonuMiscreant: 6:47pm On Feb 12
ExpertNLer:
What error is it showing?

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by emeritus007: 7:33pm On Feb 12
edicied:
Dey play... win scholarship first. You dey run too fast o. Jobs or no jobs, PTDF will pay your fees and living expenses so you've got nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by edicied: 7:34pm On Feb 12
people that are on scholarship can't work?
ExpertNLer:
How is it relevant if you are on a scholarship? there are jobs in UK and Europe if you know how to navigate the job market. Apply first and ask questions later
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by edicied: 7:36pm On Feb 12
i don't live my life like that
emeritus007:

Dey play... win scholarship first. You dey run too fast o. Jobs or no jobs, PTDF will pay your fees and living expenses so you've got nothing to worry about.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by RonuMiscreant: 8:20pm On Feb 12
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by BNW1: 9:34pm On Feb 12
I am about to round up my msc research thus, I have no msc certificate at the moment. Can I apply for the PhD scholarship and be awarded without the certificate pending when It's ready? What should I do?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Tender344: 2:45am On Feb 13
RonuMiscreant:
ExpertNLer Please what are the awards PTDF is referring to for those without publication?

Can you screenshot that part where they’re asking about awards? Or do you mean evidence of professional membership? Are you applying for
Msc or PhD?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Tender344: 2:46am On Feb 13
For the evidence of professional membership, is it compulsory that it’s a Nigerian association? Or an overseas association is actually welcome? Like the American association….blabla
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by emeritus007: 2:57am On Feb 13
edicied:
i don't live my life like that
Okay... Scholar in advance grin
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Reliable05: 5:00pm On Feb 13
Please we need more light on this membership stuff. My own question is how do we even get the proof? If for example I'm registered with IEEE, do I screenshot my profile and upload? Please help out. Thank you.

@ExpertNLer

Tender344:
For the evidence of professional membership, is it compulsory that it’s a Nigerian association? Or an overseas association is actually welcome? Like the American association….blabla
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Stemalex(m): 8:50pm On Feb 15
I am currently doing my MSc but would graduate in August. Can I still apply for the PTDF PhD scholarship??
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Stemalex(m): 8:52pm On Feb 15
ExpertNLer:

I am currently doing my MSc but would graduate in August. Can I still apply for the PTDF PhD scholarship??
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Kushipen2: 10:37am On Feb 16
Pls somebody should tell me if something is wrong with the ptdf scholarship application site. I am trying to upload academic credentials, but keep seeing this.....

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:43pm On Feb 16
Can you get all your documents to apply for the scholarship already in place? e.g transcript, abstract of your masters dissertation and proposal? if yes then submit all that
Stemalex:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Remits N5billion To FG Coffers – Spokesperson / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... / The 2013 Top 100 Universities Ranking In Africa, Check Your Institution Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.